overheard:" ... it's living that I hate."

@ruperto (1552)
Overhear from a loud conversation: "I really love my work, it's living that I hate." Mr. Xzy What do you think about Mr. Xyz ?
@lilaclady (28240)
I think it is sad...probably when this person gets older they will look back and see they had such a good life but spent it in a negative way...
I agree. Too bad there is such a negative spin on that statement. It is amazing how we can change our thought processes to be more positive and all of a sudden be happy with what we have!
@ruperto (1552)
I agree Lilaclady and Jodylee, and thanks for the thoughts. Isn't it amazing how different people may see the same things differently. How some may keep on reverting to despair instead being more hopeful and in the process actually start the feel happy more and more. perhaps for some it can really be hard to make happen?
Interesting. I find it odd that a person could love work but not living. I hope Mr. Xzy can learn to practice his work in his everyday life. Perhaps there is more to be implemented in his life than he realizes. Maybe a friend will point him in the right direction. Without knowing more about the person I can't venture what he could change but there are sure to be many options if details are given. It is sad to think a person could hate living. There is so much involved and so much we as humans can do to change our lives each day to better suit our needs.
@ruperto (1552)
Thanks Jodylee for your insights. Perhaps was thinking over a long-standing problem in his life. I also wish I could say something that can help. Thanks again.
@maximax8 (28558)
Mr Xyz loves his work so he might be a workaholic. He might have depression that extends to every other area of his life. He is in a quite negative state of mind. I hope that Mr Xyz will cheer up.
Hi, Ruperto! Maybe he was trying to point out that he does not hate to work, but making a living has become a burden to him. That is what I think... Who is he, anyway?
@danitykane (3192)
Hi there ruperto, I think Mr. Xyz is trying to imply that there is no other means of income he can find but with his present job. Which he can't appreciate at all. Its like he is going to work and doing his job but not putting his heart on what his doing. It where he get his income and he is trying to stick to it even he hate it so much. It sad because it does happen in real life. Many people don't enjoy what they do because with few choices they are bound to stay with their present job. :)
@fifileigh (3619)
mr xyz is depressed and mentally ill, and doesnt really like himself. he seems to have passion for his work, but probably doesnt seem appreciated or people dont like him. maybe he feels used by others or others push him around or they treat him like dirt. maybe he is single and cant find that special woman. he is lonely and feels unloved. he needs to go out and socialize and hang out in groups. he needs to meet at last one good friend to share and bond with.