Play to Chess

@advokatku (4039)
Indonesia
Chess including sports (although only constant thinker) is quite popular. I do not like. There are several reason people to play chess : a. to waste time, b. to sharpen the brain, c. to show smart people (not a psychic :-D) d. to find money or gamble. How abut you ? do you have another reason ? why do you like playing chess ? I not like playing chess because I not like be thinker. lol
@JenInTN (27565)
I like to play chess sometimes. I don't play near as much as I have in the past. I think it was just trying to master a new game for me. Something to do with my friends.
@advokatku (4039)
What style of chess do you follow, Jen ?
@JenInTN (27565)
I guess the best way to describe my personal style is passive aggressive. I usually begin by setting up a decent defense and then let my opponent open up my chances for moving in.
I like chees very much (actualy I only kidding, I don't like chees). When I play chees with my friend, I can sleep because my friend very long time to think make strategy
@advokatku (4039)
lol.
weks... chees is bored game
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
LOL, I do like to think, so yes, I enjoy chess for the challenge it offers my mind. I've read often that such games and puzzles and reading are good "brain exercise" and can even help prevent such diseases as Alzheimers and dementia. Karen
hello peaceful, Play chees actualy very good for excercise our concentration. But for me, chees make me bored. In my village in Indonesia country, People who hobby with chees playing one cycle game of chees more than 1 day, sometime will be win in a week for one game. For example, today play chees, if not finished today, so the chees keep at home than tommorow will be continued again. Sometime 1 day finish, sometime 1 week finish A lot of waste time and make me sleepy
Wow, you didn't tell me it went on for THAT long. I couldn't take it either LOL. Karen
may I add e. to play with female chess players ( they are funny :D )
@thea09 (18328)
• Greece
Hi advokatku, I suppose I like chess in the same way other people like to play cards, or tavli, or draughts. I was taught as a young child and I taught my son early too. I don't enjoy it if playing against someone who takes forever to make a move but I was very pleased when my son first defeated me.