Are your kids preparing for Halloween already?

Maybe we're just Halloween lovers. We hit all the Halloween shops as soon as they are open (some have been open since earlier this month!). Craft stores like Michaels and JoAnn's even have had their Halloween stuff out for a while now. I normally don't like holiday marketing so early . . . but I don't mind it about Halloween!! My little one is 4 and she has been picking out costumes for months now. Maybe she's just into costumes and dress up play - hee hee. She wants to go to all the Halloween shops we pass by (she can recognize the signs - ha ha) and gets disappointed if they're not quite open yet. We know our neighbors are going to put out those huge lawn balloon decorations for Halloween in a matter of time, we can't wait for that! Are you all already into Halloween like we are?
Halloween is my favorite holiday. When I see that a store has their Halloween stuff out, I am drawn to it, sometimes before I realize what I'm doing! lol I just end up at the Halloween section, even if it's at the middle or end of the store, that's where I have to go first. I love seeing all the fun Halloween decorations.
Me too!! I love it when the stores start putting up the Halloween stuff (which seems to be earlier and earlier every year!). Besides the Halloween specialty shops, I like going to places like craft stores (Michaels or JoAnne's) or gift shops like Hallmark . . . fun fun fun!! What is it about Halloween that makes it our favorite holiday? Let's enjoy it all while we can!
@jugsjugs (13046)
No to be honest they have not even thought about it at all.They are in the process of giving me a list of all the things they want for Christmas instead and let me tell you yes the list is getting longer.My children do go trick treating and they have a very good time while they are out doing it and they never get scared.
Christmas - oh yes - that would probably be the next favorite holiday for kids, eh? My little one hasn't caught on to the idea of a Christmas list (yet), but she is certainly interested in the candy you get from trick or treating - hee hee!! I think kids like it when they get "something" for any holiday!
@Cherryd41 (1121)
Hi Much2say Actually I don't have little ones anymore but when I did they loved Halloween of course they liked the trick or treating the best They also liked the school parties they would have where they would get to wear their costumes in a parade and have a party in the class in fact I can remember when we used to do that in school as well when I was a kid I like the trick or treaters when they come to the door the little ones are so cute I have seen some pretty neat costumes over the years while giving out candy The bigger kids look good to but to me when you get to be teenager or you sprout a mustache and your not wearing a costume you really don't need to be trick or treating and I have had that happen plenty of times LOL I do have a rule if your not in costume or you look older than me and your trying to trick me you don't get the treat
Trick or treating is always fun!! School parties and mall events are nice too (safer too) and so cute with all the kids in costumes gathered together. Yah, we've had some teenagers go to our door too . . . even when I was little. Kind of silly for a little kid like me to give candy to a kid who's practically an adult - ha ha!! I like your trick or treating rule - hee hee!