Do you worship vehicles, machineries .Today is the day for us to worship these.

@krupesh (2608)
It is called "AYUDHA POOJA" which means worshipping of the vehicles , the machineries & the like so that they will be in good condition.Do you have anything like this where you are?DO you think its not worth worshipping a vehicle or a machine? Whats your take on this?
@catdla1 (6005)
I sure would be a lot cheaper if vehicles ran well because of being worshipped. Instead we have to bribe them by bringing them to 'pleasure palaces' like Jiffy Lube, Fast Lube, or other locally-owned service stations.
@tdemex (3547)
LOL! Pleasure Places! Good One!
@pyewacket (44037)
Are you sure you mean worshipping or blessing? I know in the ancient Japanese religion of Shinto they believe in the spirit of things called a Kami...and yes, they will bless inanimate objects such as cars that they will be blessed and run well--but no, in our culture we don't bless or worship things like that...I guess the closest would be that tradition where when a ship is about to be launched on her maiden voyage that a christening of a kind happens and usually by breaking a bottle of champagne on the ship to give it "luck"
@vandana7 (63838)
Hi pyewacket, that is very interesting information about Kami, and ship launching. :) I belong to the same religion as krupesh. So I think I can answer about ayudh puja. Well, it is worship and not blessing! We worship the inanimate because they bring us the victory over evil so to say! There is a long story of course that explains the importance of such ayudh. Actually, ayudh should refer only to weapons. In modern context, however, ayudh is taken anything that is used every day to earn monies. How this interpretation has come about, even I am not too sure. So we do worship computers, vehicles, and such things. :)
Hello yes we worship vehicles, machineries on Viswakarmaa puja, the carpenters, mechanics close their shops and worship, they distribute prasad after puja feed poor and needy... Thanks for sharing. Welcome always. Cheers. Professor
@scififan43 (2440)
No we do not do anything like that here in the U.S. Although there are person who do take there love of the car, motorbike, or boat very serously. it could be said that they are worshiping the machines but not in a relgoues way.
cant say that i do.. i couldnt imagine worshipping an ordinary object
@sunny68 (1327)
here we do not have ayudha pooja but instead we have vishwakarma pooja which is on similar line. in this tools and instruments related to your employment are worshiped, so that these help you better with your earning. in modern times there are also many who worship their computers (if related to their work). we also have a kalam dawaat pooja in which pen and ink are worshiped to give you knowledge and wisdom.
@Buchi_bulla (8299)
The vehicles provide service to us whole year long. So it is worth worshiping them once a year as thanks giving. Moreover it is praying God to make the vehicle provide service to us without any problem in the year to come.
@savypat (20247)
I have no feelings for machines, but I do use and appreciate the things I can do with them. I could really go back to a horse and wagon if needed.
@quita88 (3716)
Don't care what it's called, it's ridiculous !!! The only thing to worship today is God. praise the Lord :)
@jdyrj777 (6558)
I worship nothing or nobody except Jahovah. I use machineries. Such as household appliances. I dont own a car rite now. I thank Jahovah that we were intellegent enough to build such things. Without such things we wouldnt be able to travel far in a short time. A 20 min. car ride, = 1 hours by bus, = how long walking or horseback? Take some veggies and chicken ina pot in conventional oven dinner is ready in 1 hour = 15 min. ina microwave. Uses way less electric too. If you had solar power or wind power that would be important. I use but not worship. I thank the one i worship.
@eshaan (6193)
I am in India, but here in M.P. we dont have it on this day...we have here a day called as Vishwakarma pooja..when all the workers like carpenters, tailors, and all those using any kind of machines, worship it on this day....wish you very happy ..'AYUDHA POOJA'....
If it means literally how you explained it, then yes I worship my car. I maintain it by servicing it regularly - checking the oil, tire pressures, water, coolant, brake pads, fluids,etc. I even gave it a nickname. So far, it has never put me in trouble, always running in good condition and brings me safely to and from my house to wherever I want to go.
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
Hi Krupesh. We have no such things as this (so far as I know) in the US. I worship only God, but not things. Since they are all manmade, it would seem pointless to me to worship vehicles, machinery, and such. Have a nice Sunday! Karen
@daliaj (5689)
I know that people in India are celebrating this festival. I am not a Hindu, so I don't celebrate it. But, I don't mind getting sweets from people who celebrate it. It is a good practice I think. This festivals compells people to clean their utensils and things related to work atleast once in a while. We used to get sweets from my company as a part of this festival before. But, now things like that are stopped due to recession.
Of Course Krupesh We Had The Festivities But it Was Yesterday .. I Did Pooja To our Vehicles Along With Our Family Members .. It Is A Custom We Have Been Following As A Family Since I Was Born .. I Don't Question The Need To Perform It Is A Habit Every Year, So Even This Year The Festivities Went On .. Tomorrow Is The Final Day Of Dasara, 'Vijayadashmi' .. Thank You One And All ..
@kalav56 (11503)
Of course we do.Today is Ayudha/ Saraswathi Pooja for us. I praYEd to gaODDESS sARASWATHI in the morning, keeping my books in the puja an d thanking her by songing songs in praise of her.I have a qualification and have studied well .I can sing well and I owe it all to her.I thank Goddess Saraswathi with a ll my heart for the countless blessings I have had in life. I owe all that I have to this GODDESS. earlier, there was atwo wheeler at home and I USED TO GARLAND THIS AND KEEP some turmeric and kumkum on it. Also on all the gadgets at home. Right now , I am using the computer. I will do puja for this at night.HAPPY Ayudha Puja to you.
@sender621 (14956)
Hi krupesh. I had never thought about worshipping a piece of machinery before. Many mylotters might be accused of worshipping their computers though. The closest I would have to come to worshipping a vehicle would be my car. We depend on autombiles for so much. They can be more than transportation.
Hello Krupesh, I respect your opinion and belief on "worshiping" such tools, vehicles or anything that is man made. But in my country, we do not have such festival. About your question if it's worth it, well personally speaking, in my own humble opinion, it will never be worth it because it will never give you anything in return. Me and my family will never worship such things made by man, not to anything here on earth but we owe our reverence to God who created us, who is worthy of all praise and worship. If my opinion is the exact opposite of what you nor others believe, then we just need to respect each other and not a ground for a debate, as I am also sharing my opinion as all of us are entitled here in Mylot.
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi krupesh, we don't have such religious festive day in our society. Most of our people here, especially the elderly believe that there are different deities to take care of all the natural things available on the earth like animal, plants, mountain, water, fire, forest and etc. To avoid having any undesirable incident, the lumbermen usually would offer sacrifice to the god of the tree before setting to work. The parents always advise the kids not to have simply peeing near any bushes or trees in the wood. This might bring miserable incident to them If really couldn't tolerate the urgency of urination, it's a must for one to ask for forgiveness before urinating. There are yet uncountable interesting stories of such type..... Have a nice day and happy posting
@Baluyadav (3644)
Hi,krupeash,it is a trust of certain section of people to do Ayudha pooja in our country.We used to organise this since my childhood.At that time we had motor cycle and one sewing machine,for that my father used to show and kill the hen for expecting the good condition of vehical/machine.Now i am continuing the same,but the vehical is Swift car.