Sparks is back in the building...........

Regina, Saskatchewan
There are a million stories in the naked city and I've got most of them.............but the most important story right now is that my son is fine. His cancer is NOT back, but his compromised immune system picks up infections easily and so he has to be careful. He's now on the roster of a great doctor and will be keeping his appointments for his cancer marker monitoring on a regular basis. It took doctors from two provinces and one determined mother with boot stomping talent to get it done, but it is, and I was able to come home with a lighter heart and more hope for my son's future than I had before. So what do you want to hear about first? Because man oh man, the big bad city I know and love has changed on so many levels it's down right frightening and yet at the same time incredibly uplifting. If you could walk just ONE mile of the many my shoes took, you'd be gobsmacked. I was. So forgive me if my next few discussions are all about my trip and the things I saw, observed and did. I need to write it all out ...........
@34momma (13896)
Hello there lovely lady!!! i am so happy to have you back. I am more happy to hear you son is cancer free right now!!! that is amazing!! i know you and i know you would not have it any other way. i know that if you could find a doctor to help him you would kick that cancers a$$ all on your own. so cheers to you and your son and a wonderful new raod to a cancer free life...
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Hey there pretty momma! Yep, good news all around. Keeping his appointments on a regular basis is THE most important thing. He's only 95% cancer free, so he needs to be monitored, but at least this time, he's maintaining his levels, just fighting an infection around his heart. I think he learned a few things about kicking a*s for himself too! LOL
@34momma (13896)
ummmm hello... your his mother, of course he learned how to kick a$$!!! i am very happy to hear all the great news. please keep it coming
• Regina, Saskatchewan
hi sparky welcome back I am so relieved to hear your son's 'cancer is not back. good news for sure. I guess most big cities now days have changed over the past few years. I for'one would love to hear all about your trip and what all you saw. so lay it on us mylotters, sparky. I do know about compromised immune systems,though my problem is not nearly as severe as your son's is. I am a diabetic and when I get'a little scratch or wound,it just seems to take forever to heal while with others it may take only a day or two.but still diabetes is much easier to live with than cancer or'heart disease. If you are sensible you can pretty much live just as'well as anyone without diabetes.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Htley my sweet, I am always SO glad to see you. I live in fear you know that you will just disappear on us again............. Diabetes is bad enough and I so feel for you. Most of my husband's family has it, and I've seen what it can do to older folks, so you take care of yourself you hear?!!!! This is good news about my son, and yes my favorite city has changed. We whites have become a minority in our own country and I find that rather scary..........
@royal52gens (5380)
Glad to hear your son is doing well. That is fantastic. Now dish. Tell me lots of stories about the big bad city. How has it changed? Start typing and don't stop until you have told me everything. P.S. Welcome home.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm typing, I'm typing................wait till you read about my sojourn into Tiffany's Jewellry store..................
Well, you already answered the most important question ... So, here's one of the other question. What did you listen to while heading there? If you can, the entire play list please. (Seeing not much of a way to hijack this discussion ... Runs in, grabs sparkofinsanity & runs like heck out of the building)
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Bought myself a brand new CD player with earphones just for the trip. Listened to: 1. 50's Rock collection 2. 60's Rock collection 3. Irish Tenors 4. Celtic Singers 5. Bat Out of Hell 6. Beethoven's Greatest Hits (no kidding there really is a CD for this!) 7. Songs of WWII 8. Soundtracks to Porgy and Bess, Showboat, Oaklahoma and Bye,Bye Birdie You can stop running now.................lol
I guess we can now say that Sparks has left the building, even if she didn't leave on her own volition. She got carried away.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Can't decide if I got carried away by a horse, a paddle wheeler or a bat! LOL
@fwidman (11515)
Happy to hear the news about your son Happier to see that you are back with us
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Aw, did you miss me Frank? LOL Love the new shoes by the way.
@fwidman (11515)
Yep, I missed ya Them shoes are for Irsih cuz she wanted to see some Mary Janes
• Regina, Saskatchewan
LOL. You are so clever!
@Lakota12 (42684)
WELCOME BACK! So good news you have that he stillis cancer free! Boy was I sending energies to hima nd you. What did the doctors think of the graviola? Hope they liked it I sure would like to know! hugs and blessings and every thing in between for you!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
And believe me we felt those energies Lakota. I spoke at length to the doctor who took my son on about the gaviola. He was quite impressed with the amount of info I had for him and he was very open to reading what I'd given him and doing further research. He said that he would have talks with my son about it and see if they could work it into his 'treatment prevention program' that the doctor wants to put my son on as he is only 95% cancer free and the goal is to get him 100% cancer free. I'll keep you updated and my son says to tell you thank you so much for this information. He was fascinated by it and it has made him pro-active in his own right now, so you have done us both a tremendous good turn. Love and BIG hugs from us both!
@Lakota12 (42684)
awwwwwwww I am so glad that he feels this way and that the Doc wants to get that into the program.! Tell your son he is more than welcome and heres to him getting to 100% real soon! hugs to both of you and yes please keep me up to date!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Will do!
@TLChimes (4842)
Great news about your son! Mine also has the immune issues so we know careful. Good job mom. The older they get the less they think we know.. until they have kids of their own then we become wise again. *grin* I love to hear about my friends so I look forward to you writing it all out! Good to have you around.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Yes, we do know careful don't we TL? It's nice to be back and see you all responding so quickly. lol Does NO one here have a life outside the lot? ROFL
@TLChimes (4842)
I was MIA a lot this summer 'cause life sucked big donkey.... toes. But in the last few I've been trying to put in more time. Trying being the main word. Life? I have none but only because I give it all to the monsters. I don't ussually mind. Most the time.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Monsters under four feet are often cute.....at times. It's when they get taller than you that they are REALLY no longer cute! LOL Mine were taller than me by the time they were twelve. That's why I wear big boots now! ROFL
@MsTickle (24962)
I'm really pleased Devon is OK. It's a bit of an understatement but I'm great at stating the bleeding obvious. It's good to have you back, safe, sound and pleased and happy.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well somebody has to be great at stating the obvious Tickle! LOL Glad it's you and not some obnoxious lotter who would get up my nose! ROFL Yep, Devon and I are both over the moon that the cancer is still in remission. Thanks so much for caring sweets..........
@coolcoder (2020)
Welcome back, Sparks! It's great to hear about your son...I hope his cancer takes a permanent vacation so he won't have to deal with it any more. I look forward to hearing about everything that went on during your trip.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
From your keyboard to God's ears eh? My sentiments exactly. I've already started my discussion series about my trip, so stay tuned.........! LOL
Thank God your son is OK! Welcome back, thanks for sharing the good news, I look forward to seeing the many stories you have to tell us. I'm glad you're back.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Glad to be back! How are you? Wowza, I missed you guys!
@sid556 (31005)
Oh do tell us everything. Make us feel as if we were there. You've already told us the very most important thing of all and that is that your son is doing well and that there is hope. As a parent I can only imagine what you have gone thru with the worry and fears. You are one strong lady, sparks. Your son is very lucky to have you on his team. I'm sure your positive energy rubs off on him and keeps him strong to continue battling this horrible disease. Great to have you back!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Hey sid. The son is doing well now. He looked better than I expected so that was a good start. Now that he has a good doctor (who listens to boot stomping momma's, lol), I feel much better about him and his future. Have already posted my second story, so get busy reading.....................Hugs to you sweets.
Welcome back and I'm glad that you made it home safely and that your son does not have cancer. This scare should make him want to go have regular checks for the cancer. I'm glad that he is going to do this now. My question is Did you flash the people on the plane? lol I hope you are doing okay and now you can rest up. I bet you are tired now. My daughter is on one of her visits here, and she wants you to know that she is here and is so glad that you are home. She says that her question is, What did you think of your first skydiving adventure? She said to say that she is glad too that cancer has not returned. This is a blessing. She is hoping that you are doing okay and did not over do it. Bless you.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Morning ladies..................Marth, Moonbeam! I'm so pleased with the doctor we found for Devon. He likes him too and that good because it means Devon will keep his appointments to have his cancer markers monitored. His current infection is being treated and he felt better within days of starting the meds. Will tell you about the skydiving in a discussion......... And no, I didn't flash anyone on the plane as the stewardess was taking all the limelight showing off her own newly enhanced boob job! LOL Too funny!
@kprofgames (3018)
Oh Spark, this is such good news!! I've often thought of your son and wonder how he is and what he's doing. I'm so very, very happy that everything is moving in the right direction and he's in remission.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Thanks sweetheart. I can't begin to express how relieved I am. And my son too. He was so scared.........but he's on track for his monitoring now, and that's a good thing and has set my mind at rest considerably.
@dawnald (84147)
• Shingle Springs, California
Hooray hooray hooray hooray! :-)
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Yep, yep, yep and yep! LOL
@gabs8513 (48716)
I am so happy that he is well and that the Cancer is not back I really hope that he does go to his appointments now as it must be scary for him to live with the fear all the time I am just so happy to read this Hugs
• Regina, Saskatchewan
He will go now Gabs. I had a long talk with his doctor and his room mate and between the two of them, he won't be able to miss a single appointment. He's so happy to know that he's ok and he wants to stay that way. Glad to share the good news I am, I am! lol
@gabs8513 (48716)
Well I am so glad to hear that as it will ease your Mind to Love you
• Regina, Saskatchewan
It has. I slept better last night than I have in quite some time Gabs. Just knowing he's got a doctor now and the prognosis is better than I expected. I gave him giant Hugs for you too! He blushed! LOL
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
I am soooo happy to here from you & to hear the wonderful news about your son. I know how worried u & he both must have been. What a blessing that it is not the cancer returned. Detetmined mothers are hard tobeat in my book. I wish the best for him 7 HOPE HE WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF HIMSELF. i'M SO GLAD U WENT.i WILL LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR DISCUSSIONS ON YOUR TRIP BUT HAVE ALREADY HEARD THE BEST ONE.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Hi Jo, good to see you. I hope you've been taking care of yourself eh? Yes, this is the best good news story! But wait till you hear the others! LOL
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
tHANKS, SO GOOD TO HAVE U BACK ON HERE, I MISSED U.I can't wait to hear your srories i know they will be doozies, lol.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Now Jo, do I write any other kind? ROFL Have posted the next one already.........
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Write away, I like to hear about others adventures. I am glad that your son is doing fine, and I do hope that he continues to do fine. I am sure that you are very tired from yout trip, emotionally and physically so snuggle up with your hubby and dog, and just relax for a few! Don't forget to come on here and tell us all about it though.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm here, I'm here! LOL Got my dog back yesterday, but the hubs won't be home until next week. I've a million emails to catch up on, but I'll be posting about my trip as often as I can. You know me..........I can make a story out of opening a door! LOL
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Never a dull moment with you, but hey that's not a bad thing either! lol!
@zed_k4 (17627)
Gobsmacked, huh...........hmmmmm, welcome back as always, Sparky... would love to hear all those travel stories. I have a feeling it's gonna be a great story. Glad your son is alright; and he's so lucky to have a super caring mom like you. Fabulous, now Sparks has entered the building, my days will have more colors than it already is. It's already colorful, and now more awesomely so..
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Hey handsome........I'm a wannabebrit so gobsmacked is one of my favorite words! LOL Glad to know that I make your days awesome too! ROFL Did you get my pics I sent you?
@zed_k4 (17627)
I got it, hon... oh my! So lovely! You took the trouble for that... thanks so, so much......... you are an awesome person..
@moondancer (7434)
Hi,sparx,,I am so glad to hear that your son is o.k. Look forward to hearing all the news about your escapades in the big bad city..Welcome home..Blessings to you..
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I missed you so much! I know you were with your mom, and I know how hard that travel is, so you just take care of yourself ok? Blessing on you too sweetheart.
@pyewacket (44036)
First I'm so glad you're back --hey it just wasn't the same around here...real dull and boring. And two, that's the greatest news of all that your son is cancer free...guess our prayers, thoughts and wishes worked!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
The magic of the lot always works pye. How great is that eh? Thanks sweets!