Bossy co-worker or customer service, have you encountered one? Share it

@LittleMel (14055)
I have been thinking of moving our phone number to another provider for some time. Hubby wasn't too happy with the plan because he was customer for 17 years but things have gone downhill since 3 years ago for some reason and last month he couldn't access his e-mail. We still have Internet but this e-mail was provided by the phone company and for the first time in so many years, he couldn't open it. He made a complaint but nobody did anything, so we continued paying for Internet and phone and yet the e-mail service disappeared just like that. So that's when he finally agreed with me that we should change provider. Today we called them because we had to arrange some things in order for the transfer to happen. The first customer service was nice, although apparently we confused her. The second one though, probably thought he is the boss or something. Hubby was trying to be polite by saying that he had been customer so long and was disappointed with the service. This 'boss' guy said "O?" as if "really? 17 years?" I was going to say "yea, you were probably still crawling then, and not getting anywhere". but hey what's important is that we left, right? So I kept talking as if nothing happened to get as much explanation as we can for the transfer. We've put with them for years, another minute or two won't kill hahaha I have met exactly a co-worker like that too. He is married, was trying to romance a new single girl. She refused him and quit, then he quit too, not because he got a new job, but who cares why. I had exchanged sarcasms with him a few times too. I didn't want to, but some days I feel like putting people in their places, so I did. So share me your story about bossy customer service or co-worker. Do you stil work there, and how does it feel as time goes by?
I used to have a very bossy and annoying co-employee. Almost everyone in the office hated her as she feels like the boss even if she was just a Cashier. She acted as if she owns the company and would want to be treated like a saint. If somebody wouldn't abide to her orders, she would hold their salaries or worse, she would tell lies to our big bosses. I hate such kind of people!
@LittleMel (14055)
she can hold your salary? that's not right. unless the manager made her do so. I don't know managers that have the guts to admit to other managers what they tell their subordinates to do, so her manager might enforce it on her to hold any payment as long as she can just so the books look good and if she makes one mistake they will say that she always does that whatever. but yeah since she tells lie to bosses, you could be right, she was the culprit.
Yeah, she many times did that, holding the salaries of my co-employees (our salaries, I mean)! In other words, the salaries were given days or a week late from the scheduled payday. What she did was not to encash the check sent by the main office or would tell us that then check did not arrive yet. Upon verification from the main office, we learned that the checks for the salaries had been sent weeks ahead of the payday.
@LittleMel (14055)
I see. so the checks were sent ahead and yet you received them late. didn't sound right. anyway you don't work there anymore anyway so let whoever it is do what she wants
@Ritchelle (3797)
i usually try to understand bossy customer service people. sometimes you really cannot blame them for some customers really aren't prepared in one way or another. i guess this is the customer people's way of relieving stress or keeping it together. i wasn't a customer service personnel but i've handled the guidance office of schools and it usually is irritating when students would come to take a certain type of test without a pen. duh? is is just me or is it the kids? this incident can be converted to another form by some customers in any field. however, i can't and i won't tolerate sloppy customer service. that means negligence and stupidity of those customer service people in the things i believe they should do and know.
@LittleMel (14055)
I know customer service is human being too. I have a business myself, I know how it feels serving customers. Of course if I as customer, am rude or harsh for no reason, customer service will be upset. But in this case hubby wasn't rude or anything, he was not satisfied with all the problems we had for all the time we were their customer. he was telling them not to do something and then we told them that we were cancelling. this was when the CS was making that remark. But like I said it didn't matter anymore, because we enjoy Vonage and we won't ever return to the previous phone company anymore. Even if things don't work out with Vonage, I'd rather have a cell with another company. Might as well.