Winter Preparedness

My Car - 2005 Buick LeSabre.
@webeishere (36377)
Well this morning I went and got my car all set for the frigid snowy conditions of our Minnesotan winters. I got 4 new tires, an oil change, some light bulbs replaced, new wiper blades, and a new battery. SO I am all set for the winter driving here in Minnesota. Do you, or have you, gotten your car prepared for winter? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
@webeishere (36377)
Ummm......SNOW SLEET ICE SALT SAND FRIGID HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
um California... no comprende....
hi dawn also no comprehend rain, what is that? Ca people have never seen the stuff he he he he he
@minnie_98214 (10574)
You know us we wait till the tire just about falls apart before we usually replace them. Fortunately the van already has new tires. Now to replace the transmission.
@webeishere (36377)
I was not going to get tires today. But one had a chunk missing on the treads, and another had 2 nails. I got a 25% discount as they werre still under warranty for a few thousand miles yet. Oh well, there goes Christmas shopping. Joking. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM DADDY!!~
Yeah mom said it was gonna effect her xmas shopping but we all know mom she cant not shop lol.
hi again from hatley I do not have a car so do not'have ' to go through any of that. but I do remember back in South Dakota we had to do that with the tires and oil and blades' and batteries too.also my dad insisted on chains, and extra'blankets, extra food, and water, extra coats and'jackets all the stuff you might need if you got stuck in a snow drift should have been bright enough to have stayed home from. Also extra matches. He was one very careful man and a country doctor too.
@tyc415 (5706)
We don't have the same type of weather as you but my husband did change the oil just over a month ago and we got a new battery a few weeks ago. Our tires are almost new and wiper blades also. So I guess we are set for winter as long as our heater and air conditioner work. :)
• Marion, Kansas
Hubby gets ours ready, but he has not really started. New tires on the one we will be vacationing with.Oil is always good, batteries. We are starting to get the work done on the work vehicles. Taking them in for their winter service etc.
@Polly1 (12650)
You are on it.....I don't even want to think about winter coming, and its a coming quick too. Where did summer go, it went by in a flash. My car needs a brake line, I was driving it and the brakes went all the way out. Scared the daylights out of me. Thank God te emergency brake worked, I stopped real close to a new Town N Coutry van, I just knew I was hitting it.
@ElicBxn (60052)
I need to get the oil changed, but it needs that anyway - winter isn't generally that bad in Texas
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
Hello Grandpa Bob. Yes, this is the month I will have a fresh oil change (again lol) and all the fluids checked, including anti-freeze in the radiator. I only need one new tire, but like you, I do need new wiper blades. I always carry a "winter er pack" in the trunk, too, in case I get stuck out somewhere: flash light, blanket, bottled water, small shovel, etc. I live in Michigan, so most people here do these things each fall. Karen
@jillhill (37354)
Yup.oil changed yesterday....tires rotated too....new battery last year...don't want to get caught with my pants down on a cold snowy day! Right now I would like it to at least stop raining....
No. A week ago I figured it was time to start thinking about it. But today it was in the high nineties. I don't know what the stinkin' weather is going to do next. It was incredibly humid today, and the wind was so bad if I had a head full of real hair, it would have blown off anyway!
Hi Bob, over here in england, we have what we call a MOT for our cars after they have reached a certain amount of years. not sure how many but I know its not many as my husbands car is 5 years old and he had it tested in the summer. anyway i drive a big estate car and its MOT is due in November. you have to take it into a garage and they check the tyres, engine, emissions etc,. so it is all ready for winter, but small confession to make here, i have never driven in snow yet. i love snow, but have a phobia about driving in it. i am terrified of sliding off the road.
Hi GRANDPA BOB, At the moment our car is away getting repaired, the gear box has had and getting a new one put in so it will be a few weeks before we get it back, so we are not prepared at all. Tamara
@dragon54u (31298)
I need to get new tires, mine are a few years old and I can feel a little slip sometimes when it's rainy--that means driving on snow and ice is a no-no till I get tires! Otherwise, my car is ready and all it needs is a good vacuuming! My cupboards are stocked, too. Last winter I was stuck here in the house for about a week due to the snow and the city not plowing the side streets which were snowy, icy and dangerous. This is supposed to be a really "bad" winter so I need to do a little more shopping but mostly I'm ready for anything.
@codris (783)
hi, i think i'll prepare my car for winter in two weeks, here in italy it's not so cold now, there are 22 C° outside so it's still warm , i think that near the end of october the only think i'll do is to change my glass cleaner liquid, with one that goes -15 C° so it will not freez.
@thea09 (18329)
• Greece
Hi Grandpa Bob, is it still as cold there as it was in the Little House days, used to love those stories of Pa pulling himself back to the house with a rope through the blizzards. Well you're all prepared there which is good to know, certainly my car heater needs fixing up as it gets pretty cold going out early in the mornings but think I'll just have to resort to wrapping the quilts around me as I drive. Must remember to order those snow tires though, the next fall is due in thirty years.
@finlander60 (1776)
I try to keep up on everything concerning our cars, all year round. I will have to check all the wiper blades and get Anco snow blades for all of them as needed. They work very well all year but especially well when there is snow on the windshield. They last a good long time, too. Coolant gets changed twice yearly, or when it gets looking poorly. I prefer to change it in the spring and fall, if possible. Before the hot weather gets set and again before the cold weather gets set, too. Batteries and tires get checked periodically all year round. Don't forget the spare tire.