My walk tonight.....Gissi

By Gabs
@gabs8513 (48715)
United Kingdom
Well we have just come back from my walk, at Night on my last walk Mum takes me longer, it takes us a while because Mum has to keep stopping, but we get there and I am aloud of my Lead By Mum's Doctor there is a Park and we go there, my Friend Oscar was there tonight to so we played for a little while, Oscar has a lot of energy and when he charges up to me in his excitement I step aside when he gets closer because Oscar's Breaks don't work to well and bashes into me if I do not move aside We charged around on the Field for a bit then after a while it was time to head back home We always go a different way home, we pass this Lady's House who I really like and like seeing her She is an elderly Lady and she has something called Parkinson Disease, Mum told me. She forgets but when she see's me she always remember me the Dog, but she asks Mum every time my Name because she can't remember it, she always fusses me and she told Mum that she loves me, would Mum come to visit her sometime and bring me to , Mum said of course she will, Mum knows that a few People in the Village do not care of this Lady, because of her Illness she sometimes does things, Mum feels so sorry for her and always stops to talk to her and I make a big fuss of her as she is a nice Lady She asks Mum all the same questions every time but Mum says that is her Illness, Mum always answers them every time, One Person once said to Mum, "Why do you bother with her?" Mum got a bit angry about that and said to the Person, to mind their own Business and to remember that this could happen to them one Day, the Person said "You don't know her" Mum just said "I don't listen to gossip either, she has always been nice to me, and instead of being awful to her try being a bit considerate to her Illness" we then carried walking, that told them though, hehe Anyway we stood for a while tonight with this Lady and chatted even though Mum was cold, she could tell the Lady wanted someone to chat to I of course got a lot of Fussing, and I was aloud to water her Plants to, which Mum told me to stop doing We talked to her for about half an hour and she thanked Mum again for letting her fuss and love me, Mum said it is ok any time as I can see it cheers you up. We head home and pass this little Girl with her Mum, next thing I hear her ask her Mum if she was aloud to stroke the Cat, huhhhhhh????????? what Cat, I can't see any Cat. Her Mum starts to laugh and explains that it is a little Dog, she was determent it was a cat and yes they where talking about ME Of course Mum found this so funny again, didn't she, I gave her the look I let the little Girl stroke me with a bit of a Grudge, then I barked at her, just to let her know I am a DOG and not a Cat She laughed at me when I barked, I have to say she was really Sweet All the way Home Mum was giggling and no matter how much I gave her the look she asked "So how is my little Cat then" and would laugh again I will get revenge on Mum So have you ever been mistaken as something else ????????
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I have certainly never been mistaken for a cat, though some ways I act like one. Barking was a good idea, so she could see you really aren't a cat. Smart idea. PS What you going to do to get back at mum for laughing?
@gabs8513 (48715)
I don't know yet but I will get Mum back believe me because it took Mum a while to stop laughing at me
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh yes, you need to save up something really "special" for her. lol
@royal52gens (5380)
Gissi, here in America, we are getting close to a holiday we call Halloween. It is fun cause we get to wear costumes. Maybe the little girl thought you were wearing a costume that looked like a cat. You should have told her "trick or treat". Then she either has to show you a trick or give you a treat. Happy Halloween.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hey I never thought of that Auntie Royal but Mum says it is not till the 31st so I don't think the little Girl would have believed me
@byfaithonly (10716)
Oh Gissi I think it is wonderful of you and Mum to spend time with this elderly lady - she can't help she isn't well and am sure she very much needs someone to talk to and spend time with... Can't say I've ever been mistaken for something I wasn't but then maybe they just don't say it to my face :) Meow :) opps sorry about that wrong language :) hugs and love to you and Mum.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Auntie Faith it is woof woof ok Well we went to see her and she was so happy to see us, of course I got spoilt, when I jumped on the Settee Mum said no get down and the Lady said,"He is ok , come on back up little Fellow" So I did
@byfaithonly (10716)
oh opps woof woof thought that meow sounded funny :) just pickin on ya sweetie :) I am sooo very happy you went back to visit the lady - I'm thrilled she took to you also and let you get up on the furniture - her house guess her rules for quests out weighs Mum's rules :) just make sure you remember where you are and don't get yourself in trouble at home :)
@gabs8513 (48715)
Oh I am aloud on the Settee and everywhere at home to Mum lets me go where ever want she has a Leather Settee so it is easy to clean if I mucky it a bit Mum does not mind This Settee is now 7 years old you know
@Lakota12 (42684)
NIce that you stop to talk to the woman lifts her day. and yes gissi I have been called sir alot of timeS lol
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Auntie Lakota we went to visit the Lady on Friday and she was so happy I was aloud on her Settee as well and I gave her loads of Kisses and Hugs
@Lakota12 (42684)
HI Gissi, that is so cool hugsssssssssss
@blackbriar (9080)
You sure your not a CAT, Gissi? I know some cats can bark like a dog and a few dogs who act like cats. lol Don't worry none, now. I sometimes get mistaken for a boy when it's pretty clear I'm a girl. Think it's my deep voice that makes people think I'm a boy.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Oh BB I am sorry that is so rude of People how can they not tell the Difference Big Hugs to you and sorry for the late reply..........Gissi
I wish I could get the time to go for long walks, Gissi dear. I would like to go on a long walk once. Well, the neighbors around here are not that sociable; so I guess they wouldn't stop and talk to one another. And after my recent conversion to Hinduism, the atmosphere is definitely frosty. LOL! Cheers and happy Mylotting
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Positive, well when we say long walk it is long for Mum it really would not be that long for a Healthy Person, but it is enough for me as we are normally out for about 45 Minutes and 20 minutes of that I run around on the Park You can come with us if you like .....hugs Gissi
hi gissi .. you have done a very good deed today .. god bless you dear cat ... ops sorry sorry ... typo error .... love you gissie ... cheers
@gabs8513 (48715)
Sanjana trust you to get me mixed up..............I am a DOG actually I am a cute little Dog hehehehe Love to you and big Hugs
Before my name was a popular name here in the states, someone mistook it for a boys name. That is funny. I like the walk that Gissi took with his Mum and the kindness and friendliness in both of them.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi there GG well I enjoyed the Walk and Mum did to Now it is getting cold again, but Mum and me still take that walk
@pyewacket (44036)
Hiya Gissi...nice to hear from you and your latest adventures. My cousin is all cuddled up on mom's bed sound asleep as usual..sounds like you had a real nice walk and what nerve of that woman to tell your mum not to bother with that nice lady just because there's something wrong with her, she still sounds like a nice Lady and it's nice how she fusses over you...glad your mum told that nasty woman off. Nope can't say either me or Kissy have been mistaken for something else since we definitely don't look like doggies.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi there Pye good to see you again Well we went to see the Lady last Friday and she was so happy and I was aloud on her Settee as well She was always repeating herself and asking over and over how old I was and what my Name was but Mum answered her every time patiently, as she knows the Lady has this Illness She then told Mum about loosing her Husband, I could see Tears in Mum's eyes and she just let the Lady talk Mum said the Lady seemed to be another World as she was telling Mum about it and Mum just listened as she knew the Lady would not even realize if Mum spoke, then of all a sudden she asked Mum again how old I was We spent an hour with her and she was so happy See you again soon Pye and hugs to Kissy and your Mum
@savypat (20246)
I am Sadie and where I live they always mistake me for something else. They think I am a kind, loving hound dog and it's my duty to be quite and clam at all times in the house. BUT I AM NOT, I AM THE PROTECTOR OF THIS HOUSE AND IT'S PEOPLE, it's my duty to guard against all strange noises, (meaning monsters are surrounding the house)and any strangers on two legs or four that come around, I keep all these things away and the house safe by loud, hard barking and by raising the hair on my back so that I look large and threatening. My people just do not understand the danger we are all in, it's a good thing we live in the country so that no one else gets upset by me.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi there Sadie, same here I might be small but I protect my Mum and I will create a lot of Noise when I hear strange noises and that
Hi Gissi, Tom here, wow! your mum took you for a walk? well mum don't take us for a walk we just go wandering round the back garden, we don't go far as mum would get so mad if she can't find us or if we don't hear her when she call us,but it must have been a lovely walk your mum took you, and that lady do love you so no watering her plants, mind you I do that in my neighbour's plant but they can't see me hehehe, as for the little girl calling you a cat, well, I think its ok because I am a cat so it was not meant an insult, but I bet your mum thought it was funny, I don't know Gissi, first you kept hearing a cat and not getting called one, its not your day is it? but make a good revenge for your mum, she won't mind. Tom
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi there Tom I know it is just not right is it So many little ones have called me a Cat, because I am so little and they are to little to know, Mum always laughs when I called little Cat I know it is not an insult but I have my Street Creds to live up to with the Ladies here so I hope they never hear about it I normally jump up on little ones and they fall on their Butt it is so funny, but Mum wouldn't let me last Night so I barked instead and the little Girl laughed at me Believe me I will get my revenge on Mum, but not at the moment as Mum woke up and is not right again she was awake most the Night coughing, so she is calling the nice Lady today who always comes and checks Mum over and then makes Mum better, she is a nice Lady to as she fusses me as well and I always check her bag out, she has a big bag with loads of strange stuff in it When she puts a gadget on Mum's Finger to check her Oxygen I always put my Paw on top so the level should go up higher but Mum always says I am not allowed to do that it is cheating, well I was only trying to help then I just lie down and watch all the other check ups wow I am glad I do not have to go through them Hugs to you .....Gissi
hello Gissi, dexter here again, my mum has a very weird sense of humour, she says when I have had my 2 monthly trim, i look like a little pig. she says when i trot along , from the back , my back paws look like pigs trotters. my dad gets very cross and tells her off. but my mum laughs and calls me her little porky pig chunks. its worse too as i have a really curly tail too !!
@gabs8513 (48715)
Oh Dexter that is naughty of your Mum It's ok I will sort her out for you next time I see her and I will tell her of ...Gissi
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi Gissi! Star and Luna here! I'm so sorry to hear that the little girl thought you were a cat! I guess she doesn't know what "we" look like! And I also guess that she doesn't know that we don't get taken for walks either!lol You sure get picked on alot don't you! You have to put up with all kinds of stuff don't you? First the sick lady and then the little girl? I guess we should be happy that we get to stay in the house! We just have to put up with Mom's roomate who really still isn't used to having cats around! He doesn't like to share the bed with us, but Mom doesn't care and tells him to go sleep in our cat beds if he doesn't like it! We were here first and we are the most important! Don't worry Gissi your Mum loves you the most too even if she laughs at you sometimes! So be a good boy and don't give her a hard time. Hugs, Star & Luna
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hey you 2 Well she was only little so I guess she did not know the difference because I am so little It's like Mum's Son he calls me shortie or chicken legs and I nip his nose for that hehehehe
@jillhill (37383)
I am so sorry your were mistaken for a cat.....I know it must hurt you somewhat but remember the little girl might have needed bifocals or something....so like the old woman that people avoid we never really know what's inside someone or if they are hiding something....but I do understand your position....I have never been mistaken for something else but many times someone else...and I feel the same way as you! Just a touch hurt! Next time you see the little girl she will remember you are a dog.....
@gabs8513 (48715)
I really hope she will remember as I do not like being mistaken for a Cat just like a cat does not want to be a dog Hugs Auntie Jill
oh mygoodness Gissi you do have the most interesting walks'with your mum.I am so glad you were good to the nice lady with Parkinsons disease as she needed both you and Gabs to be king to her. I am so glad Mum told off that person who talked so unkindly about the nice lady you both liked.That little girl must need glasses to think you Gissi the Dog was a cat for heaven's sakes. He he Mum didn't even pay attention to your look,well Mum was busy giggling. Yes gissi once I was mistaken for a man,me a woman, Hatley your pal Gissi,I am a 'woman not a man. hugs to you Gissi and to your Mum Gabs too.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Auntie Hatley I like this Lady and every time I see her I get Mum to take me to her as she is a nice Lady and she always thanks Mum for letting me give her Hugs That little Girl certainly does need glasses, but she was only little Auntie Hatley so maybe she got confused, it was Mum giggling that got me mad, specially when we got home and she calls "Come and get your Food Kitty" and then starts laughing, she is so not funny Big Hugs to you