I've "met" my tent-mate!

@reinydawn (11651)
Next weekend is my 2nd 3-Day Walk to raise money for Susan G Komen for the Cure. During this event, we walk 60 miles over 3 days. And we camp out in these little tents. Well, I guess our tent assignments came through and the girl I'll be tenting with sent me a really nice introductory e-mail tonight. She's from a different state, but she actually lives in the same town as my cousin. I can't wait to meet her in person. This is a great event and I'm starting to get a bit excited about it - although my "training" is a bit behind schedule. How would you feel if you were going to be sleeping in the same small space (it's a 4-man tent, but it really sleeps 2) with someone you've never met before? Last year I had not met the person I tented with until the morning of the event and it turned out great - we still keep in touch!
@suzzy3 (8399)
It is exciting as you are both doing good,it is good to meet new people .Sleep in the same tent with someone I had never met before yes, For the right cause I would.Have fun and you will probably end up with another good friend.
@reinydawn (11651)
I did have a great time, but I don't think we hit it off too well... We wont remain close like I have with my tent-mate from last year. Who knows, maybe next year I can get someone I know to join me on the walk and I wont have to sleep with a stranger :)
@suzzy3 (8399)
She sounds like a bundle of fun.Not your sort at all was she never mind ,I think you are brillant for going and doing what you do.Not many people would sleep with as stranger.sounds so sordid don't you think