Not So Private Health Information

@erikmama (12929)
Medical documents containing private healthinformation has been going to the wrong hads for at least three years now. Papers meant to go to the Tn Department Of Human Services were incorrectly faxed to an Indiana businesman. Apparently there is only a one digit difference inthe man's fax number and the D.H.S.fax number. The man has notified the state several times notifying them and the problem has persisited. Sounds like a bad HIPPAA violation to me!
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
To me its a big HIPAA problem. I can't believe even being notified about this problem it hasn't been taken care of.
@erikmama (12929)
I know! They showed it on the news, showed the multiple faxes the man sent to these people, yet it continued. The man says he shredded the information, but who knows? i do not understand how THE STATE OFFICES let an error such as this occur over and over again for years!And I DO NOT want to visit this doctor's office if this is the people he employs!