Kids Second?

@erikmama (12935)
Are working mothers putting their children second to a job? Some women ahve to work, but some do not, yet choose to work. Do you think either of these means a woman has oput the child on the back burner?
@lelin1123 (15647)
• Puerto Rico
I had to work to support my two girls. If I didn't have to I would have loved to be home with my girls, but I was a single mother of two and had to work all of their lives.
@spalladino (17927)
It depends on the quality of time she spends with her children when she's at home. I didn't HAVE to go back to college and go to work but my children were all in school and I wanted to. During the course of my career I never let them feel that they were in second place behind my education or my job. I made sure I spent time with them, that I took an interest in their school activities, their homework, their lives and that we had fun together. None of my children felt slighted in the least and I set a good example for my girls...showing them that you can be a working mom and still be a mom as well.