What I've been up to

@BarBaraPrz (19403)
St. Catharines, Ontario
I recently finished a Bucilla kit a friend wanted me to do for her. It was an adaptation of Bessie Pease Gutmann's painting "Caught Napping". It was very basic (the background was in gobelin stitch and used only 16 colors) but my friend was happy with it. Sorry, I didn't take a pic of it. I'm currently working (at the policing centre) on a pillow topper (bird & wild roses) and a bookmark on 22 count in bed, and am about to start another Scarlet Quince biggie... "The Young Botanist" by Paul Peel. Went through my stash to see what floss I had and what I had to get, and ordered them online. I had a large enough piece of 16 count aida already on hand, so will start gridding it soon. Hopefully, it won't take me as long to finish as the last one ("Sense of Sight").
@ElicBxn (60771)
wow, stitching a way - I ought to be busy, but here I sit
@BarBaraPrz (19403)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Imagine my surprise when I took the aida out of its tube and saw that it was in two pieces! Luckily I have a large enough piece of 18 count evenweave and could start gridding this afternoon while watching a movie at my friend's house. (I hate just sitting there and watching when I could be doing something else at the same time.)
@ElicBxn (60771)
I know what you mean, I really only sit when I'm like watching something in the roomie's room because the light isn't that good
@KrauseHome (34994)
Personally I still wish I could do Counted Cross stitch without it bothering me. It bothers me so bad even smaller things became too tedious. But back when I was able to do this all the time I usually would create a picture via a pattern, and then either give it away as a Gift to someone or show it off hoping to find someone to sell it too.