In Honor of Lance Cpl. Christopher Fowlkes

@LadyMarissa (12161)
On September 11, 2009, Lance Cpl. Christopher Fowlkes died from injuries received in Afghanistan. He lived about 125 miles from where I live & I never met him. Yet he went into combat to make sure I am able to walk free...For this I will be eternally grateful!!! He lived in a small town in South Carolina. A short time after his death, his body was returned to his hometown for burial. Of course the entire town turned out to honor their fallen son!!! The streets were lined with friends, family, & even those who never met him to say thank you for your sacrifice. Every person honoring this fallen soldier had an American flag in their hand as their way to say thank you. One lady had purchased extra flags to make sure the path was lined with our flag. When she placed some of those flags on the property at the local Bank of America, she was approached by the bank manager & told she was not allowed to place American flags on their property. When she asked why, the manager told her it was because one of their customers might be offended by it. The lady with the flags was asked to leave the property & take her flags with her. WTF??? This has stirred up a lot of dissent against the Bank of Unamerica. This upset me at the time & I still just can't seem to get past it. I've never cared for the Bank of America, but now I'll be sure to NEVER do any business with them!!! Their corporate office denies this policy, but what would I expect them to say??? I doubt the manager just took it upon herself to make up that policy & spit in the face of a local hero. http://www.wyff4.com/news/21195221/detail.html Fast forward to Saturday, October 3, 2009, the motorcycle group called Rolling Thunder who make it their goal to honor any & all vets or fallen soldiers roared into that small South Carolina town. When they left Virginia, they were 200 strong. By the time they reached South Carolina, they were 500 strong. They met with the parents of Lance Cpl. Christopher Fowlkes presenting them with flags & a check & their thanks for the ultimate sacrifice their son had given. In order to make this a discussion, please give me your thoughts on the Bank of Unamerica, on Rolling Thunder, & on the sacrifice unselfishly given by Lance Cpl. Fowlkes.
Sorry for barging into a very American discussion but I just couldn’t keep my curiosity down…why should the bank of America protest to an American flag on its premises? What did the lady mean exactly when she said that some other customer might be offended? Offended why? Its but natural to have the American flag atop an American property on American soil! Thirdly, why do you say that the manager might have made it up to spit on the face of the local hero? Why would she do that….just coz maybe she hated the war???!!! I mean, I really couldn’t understand why such an incident should take place at all!!!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
My mind is spinning. You would think of all the Banks in America THE BANK OF AMERICA would have no objection to an American Flag on it's premises. I mean their logo for crying out loud alone...................you get the drift. As for your fallen hero, kudos to the community. You mentioned the Rolling Thunder. I belong to a group called the Patriot Riders who do exactly the same thing all over North America. Kudos to the RT's!