My neck hurts

And I don't know what I've done to it! It hurts my neck back and shoulder to move! Do you ever get that? A great deal of pain and you don't know where it came from? Are you in pain now? Will you give me some sympathy? Have you seen someone about your pain?
@catdla1 (6005)
We call that condition a 'stiff neck', and it hurts a lot...especially if you forget and move your head quickly. I don't envy you, and sure hope it feels better soon. It might help to alternate between warm and cool compresses. Warm relaxes the muscles that are causing the pain, and cool helps the inflammation. Also you can take a pain reliever that is anti-inflammatory. Several things can cause this condition. Sleeping in a weird position will do it, and you'd discover the discomfort when you wake up. My mother always swore that sitting in a draft caused it, although I've never found that to be the case. Having a step-daughter like mine will definitely cause a pain in the neck....
lol, I'm still not takin her!
@catdla1 (6005)
Sigh.....
@bmuchler (442)
I had some neck pain/stiffness a week ago. It came back again this weekend. I've been using Motrin and Bengay. I tried to just stretch out really good, but it hurt too much. I've also applied a heating pad to it. I'm assuming I slept funny. It was interesting trying to drive with it. I had to try and turn my entire body to merge. It's still there today, but not as bad. I hope you feel better. These are not fun.
thanks, i tried heat, and massage, but nothings worked so far, had it for days now!
@bmuchler (442)
Have you gone to the Dr? I've never been to a Chiropractor, but I know lots of people that love going to them for pain.
@bird123 (10527)
Sitting around the house too much can cause this. Staying fit is the best way to keep the pains from showing up unexpectedly.
But I am fit.
@spalladino (17924)
It sounds like you've pulled a muscle. Try putting heat on it and sitting in a comfortable position so that the muscles can relax. When I used to work out I would hurt myself from time to time and someone told me that it can sometimes take days before you feel the pain so good luck figuring out how you did it. I've never had to see anyone for pain though...I just stopped working out. I hope you feel better soon.
thanks, I have tried heat and it doesn't seem to work.