Be aggressive.

Be e aggressive. Would you consider yourself assertive? Or aggressive? What makes you aggressive? Why does it make you aggressive? What placates you? Why does it make you calmer? When was the last time you found yourself getting aggressive?
@catdla1 (6005)
I don't consider myself aggresive, although aggresiveness is a form of assertiveness. Some people think that if they're loud enough or stong enough that that entitles them to have their way...and all to frequently it works. They're like children who never outgrew temper tantrums. Persistance is also a form of assertiveness, and that's more where I see myself. I find that being polite and persistant, that I can usually get my way. You gain more using honey that you do using vinegar. The sucess differences between aggression and persistence illustrates that.
thats true, being persistent sometimes pays off.
@catdla1 (6005)
Not, apparently, in farming out step-daughters.
@spalladino (17925)
I'm not aggressive but I am very assertive. I think the difference is in the style, with aggression being more an "in your face" style while being assertive, in my opinion, is more of a "stand your ground" style. I'm a very logical person so if I'm having a difference of opinion with someone...or some entity...logic from their end will placate me. An "because I said so" attitude only makes me more determined.
me too! sometimes assertiveness is misinterpreted as aggression, but only by people who don't like to be challenged.