Now that's a discount

@p1kef1sh (45640)
I went to a shopping mall today to buy a pair of slippers. I found a pair that had been reduced from £14.99 to £10. They had leather uppers too! So I grabbed them and headed for the checkout. When I got there they took another £6 off! So I got a pair of leather slippers for £4. A definite result. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by finding your bargain is an even bigger bargain when you come to pay?
@gabs8513 (48716)
Oh yes and it is normally at Asda I bought a pair of Shoes they where priced at £15 when I went to pay for them they where only £5 and this has happened with clothes to I love it when that happens lol
@p1kef1sh (45640)
That's good Gabs. I am sorry I have duplicated this discussion, I did a similar one earlier this year. Thank you.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Huhhhhhhh????? Well I have not seen it and so what P1ke this is a different Item you bought No need to apologize xxx
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yep I have. I have also been unpleasantly surprised by something that was in the wrong place on the shelf and the shelf tag was wrong. Oh well....
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
first again!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I've had that happen more times than the opposite I am afraid Dawn. Yes, first again.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Whenever BHS has sales, I often find that the garment has been reduced again when I get to the checkout. I bought a hat for a wedding which had been reduced from £50 to £20 - less than half price, so a great buy. When I got to the till I was charged £12.50 - 70% off the original price. I love bargain hunting.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
That was a great saving Sandra. I am sorry I have duplicated this discussion, I did a similar one earlier this year. Thank you.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi there p1kef1sh Now didn't something like this happen to you in the January sales this year with a jumper? I am sure I recall us having a discussion about a jumper that you got a good deal on or maybe it was a jacket, no, I am sure it was a jumper. Anyway, yes this happened to me a few months ago but it was with an item only costing £1.50 but when I got to the till it had been reduced to a £1. Not a huge saving but rather in my pocket than theirs!!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I think that I did. Oh no. Now I feel bad about posting this discussion. I am repeating myself. I am sorry Humbug.
hi pikey good for you,you got a real bargain there even if this American doesn't know how to make pounds into dollars. I once had a coupon for so much off on any purchase in the women's clothing department that made the skirt that was sale only six dollars but when I went to pay for it she took another three dollars off , so I got a brand new skirt for a whole three dollars. Good quality too and I had not expected the other discount. but I do hate it when I see a sales' price on a food item and go to pay for it and am informed no there is no sale on that. I made the clerk go back to the shelf where I had picked up the can of tuna, and' she turned red, she said,oh dear someone put these in the'wrong place, that sale price is for chicken of the sea. well joy oh joy I handed her the other can took up three chicken of the sea and said thanks I didn't know chicken of the sea ever went on sale. okay I get up to the check out stand, same checker she puts through my groceries and the sale price on the blasted chicken of the sea just disappeared. I got upset then, okay get the manager, the other brand is not on sale,now you say this is not on sale, then what the devil is that sign doing above this first item? so the manager got flustered, said to the check put gal, just charge the sale price that was on the shelf,its not Mrs. Hatley's fault someone here doesn't know what they are doing. so I did get the sale price, I noticed a week later, both the ordinary shelf person and the checker I had before were both gone. so I assumed that they were fired.
typo alert should be check out gal not check put, good heavens my fingers are dyslexic.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
That was a great saving Hatley. I am sorry I have duplicated this discussion, I did a similar one earlier this year. Thank you.
@littleowl (7157)
Hi p1ke, there was once that I bought a pair of jeans for £10 but on getting to the checkout they came up as £8 so was rather pleased with that, at least it saved me £2 which is a help..it is great to get such bargains..even when you haggle in the matkets, hugs LoLo
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Every little helps LoLo. I am sorry I have duplicated this discussion, I did a similar one earlier this year. Thank you.
@saundyl (9690)
I love bargains like that!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I am sorry I have duplicated this discussion, I did a similar one earlier this year. Thank you.
@saundyl (9690)
Went grocery shopping on saturday - picked up some fries for 3.62, 2 bags of chips 2 for $5.00 and a container of cooking oil for 3.90. I watched the kid punch in the numbers and he says that'll be 8.90 please and i looked at him and said are you sure that doesnt seem like enough. He goes oh the chips are on sale for 2 for 5.00. I said i know but that really doesnt seem right. (mentally adding in my head thinking it should be about 12.50ish) I paid him and i said again i thinkyou missed something that seems really low. I started out the door...checked my bag for the receipt to check by the time i got to my car i realized it wasnt there but figured oh well not a biggie. My little sister is right behind me (shes 12) and she goes Saundy that shoulda been 12.52 and tax on the chips so 12.55 not 8.90 he didnt charge you for something. I said i know but i did tell him i thought he missed soemthing and he didnt bother to go check the till tape. I wasnt gonna stand there and argue with him. She takes my bag and says "oh well free fries." I felt kinda bad not paying for it but...he was bound and determined he was right.
I had two separate incidents that happened just like that just within the last month. Once it was a 50 pound bag of grass seed and another time it was a garden hose attachment and some candy for my kids. I don't like to not pay for things, so I try to reconcile it by giving money here and there to charities or putting extra money in the collection plate at church. I think that in the end it all washes out in the universe.
@mzz663 (2775)
Once in a great while, I end up finding a great deal, but sounds like you found yourself a really really good one! I would have bought two pairs!!
@catdla1 (6005)
A discount like that would certainly make my day! As a habitual 'discount rack' shopper, I'm used to 40 or 50% off, but to get a discount like you did is terrific. I a bit disappointed that you didn't include a picture of you modeling your find...
@catdla1 (6005)
You don't have to appologize for duplicating this discussion. I didn't see the other one, so this is new to me. Maybe if you submit a picture modeling both of your bargains, it will make up for it...lol.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
LOL. I would but I feel so bad about duplicating a discussion that I really want nothing more to do with this one.
@kitty42 (3912)
Hello my friend This never happens to me, only time I get lucky is if I go to a dollar store, other than that they see me coming and change the prices I think. well maybe not, but who knows. good for you leather slippers sounds cool. Thank you.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Thank you Kitty.
@riyasam (16578)
lucky you!!my experience has been otherwise,when i get to the paying counter,they tell me that the discount has been called off.
@sweetie1026 (1723)
Hi, haven't had a great bargain like that here yet. Bargains here are just up to 50% discount and that is a great bargain already. Yes, getting great bargains are very welcome by me, i hope that one day i could find one that is so surprisingly low. Usually by this time of year, malls here offer great bargains in time for Christmas which is really awesome. Now, i am not sure if these bargains will be enjoyed by a lot of people here because of the natural disasters that have happened here, which left many people homeless. I feel sorry for them, lucky for us that we are in the very heart of Luzon which has suffered immensely because of this.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey p1key! Nice going! I would have done the exact same thing! I also bought a pair of slippers yesterday, but my discount wasn't nearly as good as yours! I paid $9.88 for my slippers! And I thought that was a great price! They usually sell for $20.00 so I was happy enough! They weren't as soft and fuzzy as my usual ones, but they'll do! I guess I should have had you buy them for me and send them to me!
I just love it when something like this happens to me. I've had it happen several times in fact. For example, the store will have things on clearance with an additional percentage off and I love to shop the clearance sections but I won't realize that there is an additional percentage off so I will be pleasantly surprised when I get to the checkout to find that I have in fact saved a lot more money than I thought I was saving. I can't specify just one specific thing that I've got a great deal on, but the majority of the time it is on clothing for my children.
@bhanusb (5709)
The shopper was generous to you. It may be their approach to attract the customers.
@irene3184 (900)
I always shop with bigger discounts to the actual price. It makes me happy if I buy something with a very discounted price especially branded stuff.
@gmkk1986 (473)
Really its amazing offer, I hope shop keeper gave wonderful gift as price reduction. Really This kind of situation never happened to me in my life. Any way hope this soon in my life and once again congrats for lucky price.
@dragon54u (31617)
That's a great deal! I found a pair of leather gloves once that was marked down 60% and when I got to the checkout they took another 80% off! So I paid $2.80 for a $40 pair of leather gloves! I gave them to my sister for Christmas, well under the $5 limit we set for gifts.
@Bluepatch (2480)
• Trinidad And Tobago
I discovered recently that my favourite cologne which costs 45 dollars in the pharmacy costs 36 dollars in a discount store downtown. Its really a saving and I will definitely head downtown when next I'm buying cologne. You do discover these things from time to time and its great when you do.
yes lolz ! i find myself extremely happy that the price i was supposed to bargain at is the real price or lesser than that ! this is why i usually walk out for shopping at the end of year because you could find atleast 20% flat off in every mall you visit !