Do you care more about discussions from your friends or strangers?

@sutent (1061)
China
Hi, During the past several months on mylot, i have made some friends on mylot. Everyday i read and respond a lot discussions from my friends, which took me most time to do that. Due to this, i care about discussions from strangers very few. How about you? Look forward to your sharing!
@DCLehnsherr (1042)
Hi Sutent, Maybe I am bad for saying this, but I care about both equally. I have heard that some people go around and just respond to the discussion their friends make, but that isn't what I do. When I come on mylot I tend to just go into my interest section discussions as they appear on the bar thing above the navigation. I find it better to go and hunt down topics that catch my eye, rather than to just go and find things from my friends. It is the same if I start things too, I don't expect my friends to just reply because I made it. In fact I would rather they didn't as it would just seem forced! That and if I focused on my old friends all the time, I could never connect with anyone else, so yea. I hold them both equally since a stranger is just a friend I have not yet made LOL All the best, Dranz
@sutent (1061)
Hi friend, At beginning, i browse through all posts from my interests and respond my favorite posts. But now, a lot posts from my friends post everyday, and from them i choose the my favorites and respond them. By the way, i am very appreciate with the word that a stranger is just a friend i have not yet made. Maybe nextime, i would care more about discussions from stragers. Happy mylotting!
• Spain
Well said, Dranz. I like to look at the interests as well, although if there's nothing in there I tend to look up friends profiles, where I know I'll usually find something to respond to.
@jb78000 (15173)
hiya. you are great about responding. i'm not so good - i don't answer all my friends discussions because i don't always have something to say. i tend to answer a mix from people i know and people i don't. judith
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
@jb78000 (15173)
@sutent (1061)
Hi jb, You may misunderstand my discussion, as i do not respond all discussions from friends. It is impossible for me to do that. everyday, i browse the discussions from my friends, of course including your discussions and respond the interesting discussion for me. By the way, i do care about your discussions. But unfortunately, most your discussions are politics related and prefound and i always do not know how to respond those discussions. So i just respond the easy discussions from you.
• Boston, Massachusetts
hi sutent, i care about mylot members' discussions. so friend or stranger i respond on to their topics as long as i am interested about it and i am confident enough that i can share good views about their topics. i check my email for new discussions and comments from friends then browse my home page for new discussions from otehr mylot members then comment on both. after giving my comment to those mylot members not yet in my mylot friends list, i invite them to be my friend, if they accept it then i am happy. another addition to mylot's friends!
@sutent (1061)
Hi friend, Comparing to you, i am not so confient about my response quaility. But i try my best to make my response special, different and personal. At beginning, i always invite strangers to be my friends, when they responded my discussions. But now, i do that very often, as i have no more time to care about the discussions from my friends. If i invite somebody to be my friends and have no time to care about his/her discussion, i would feel unpolite.
• Boston, Massachusetts
Just let your thoughts and feelings flow... your mylot friends will appreciate your response on their comments. like this one, i am happy that you did. for me this is a sign of appreciation and recognition of my effort to share my views on your topic. Cheers!
@sutent (1061)
Hi friend, you are right. what should we do on mylot is just sharing our personal thoughts, no matter it is good enough. Thanks for your sharing!
@jlamela (4909)
I usually started answering discussions from my friends. I am not sure also what's the purpose of adding friends where I could only get 2 responses in my discussions and yet there are bunch of friend requests I received daily. It's always good to start answering discussions from friends rather than strangers.
@sutent (1061)
Hi jlamela, i do the same to you. When i accept somebody as my friends, i will care about his discussions. In the way, we can communicate with each other and exchange our viewpoint.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
The thing about only replying to friends discussions is that you close yourself off from new perspectives. I respond mainly to my friends, and I have quite a lot of good friends who start interesting discussions. However, I will respond to any discussion topic that takes my interest. It's the discussion that really matters, not the person who starts it.
@sutent (1061)
Hi Sandra, Yes, you are right. In that way, i would close myself off from new perspectives. But the problem is that i have not enough time to care so many discussions. So i prioritize the discussions from my friends first and then if i have time, i respond others's discussions.
@akuler (3539)
Hi sutent, I respond to both my friends and others discussions here. Since our earnings is same whether the discussions is started by our friends or others, I really don't care who started it. Sometimes my friends started a discussion that I can't give my response because I know nothing about it. So I also didn't respond to all my friends discussions. I respond to others discussions because I have something to say there. It is also good to answer a discussion started by someone we didn't know because we might become a good friend after that. I don't know anyone here when I first start but I had a few friends now because we communicate with each other before, just like you and me.
@sutent (1061)
Hi akuler, Have not meet you for a long time on mylot and nice to see you again! From you posts quantities 1201, you are very active and responded a lot discussions. But as to me, everyday i spend a lot time to respond some interesting discussions from my friends and always have no time to care about the others's discussions. Whenever i have time, i would respond some discussions from strangers.
@ample03 (403)
I have joined Mylot 2 weeks back and I am still making some friends. I always like to respond to their discussions but mostly I watch for the discussion topic, not the person. If it is a nice and contemporary topic which I can respond to, I always try to do that irrespective of who has created it.
@sutent (1061)
Hi, at beginning, just like you, i responded discussion per the interesting, not the person. But now, i would priorize the discussions from friends then turn to others's discussions.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
Everytime i log in here in mylot,first time i do is to reply back every comment from my own topic. Then,check my friends started topic,and respond topic that interests me. It is not necessarily to response all my friends topic,but,i only do responses to topics i can relate with. After then,i will search topics on other interests. So,i give equal time to make responses to my friends and other mylotters too.
@sutent (1061)
Hi Jaiho, You do great to care about both discussions from friends and strangers equally. But as to me, i have no enough time to do that. So i prioritize the discussions from my friends then turn to others discussions.
@daliaj (5689)
I do care more about discussions from my friends because most of them respond back to my discussions. I also go to the tab 'New' once in a while and respond to some new discussions started by any random mylotter. I don't stop from responding to a discussion if I have found that the discussion is not started by my friend. I also don't respond to some of my friends discussions if the topic is not interesting.
@sutent (1061)
Hi daliaj, Thing goes on the same to me. I mostly browse through discussions from me and respond some of them, which were intersting to me. After that, if i have time, i would turn to the new discussions from strangers and respond those my interesting discussions. Happy mylotting!
I prefer reading post from complete strangers. They usually have a different way of thinking and reading their discussions makes me think about things differently.
hello sutent, Frankly, it really doesn't matter who makes the discussion. Whether a friend,newbie or a another stranger mylotter, that's fine with me. as long as the topic is either within my interest or it's in the today's top, no problem..some times, i have topics from my friends that doesn't relate to me at all.
I like to look at discussions from either. Getting different peoples views and also the opportunity to continue meeting new people. I just asnwer what sounds interesting to me and my experiences.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Hi sutent, if you can find good friends on here with the same type of interests then it is easy to respond to their discussions before others, but I only do so if I have something to say. Mainly the other discussions I'll respond to will just catch my eye on the home page, as this one did.
@MGjhaud (20740)
i used to respond top discussions here then to my friends. hehehe.. anyway, i notice that my friend's discussions are mostly in Top or Hot Topics so when i go to my Friends' pages, i responded most of their new topics.
@ayebelle (368)
Well i give my response to those discussions that i like. It just okay wherever it came from as long that i like it, there's nothing to worry about. Some of my friends discussions are hardly to give response because i couldn't realte on them. So yeah it depends on my choice. and depends on the discussion itself.
@shally_hh (418)
Hi sutent,i would like to respond the new discussions,i often search some question that i am intereted in the new and my interests discussions and don't care more about whether it is started by my friends,nevertheless,certainly i will browse my friends' discussions first once i log in mylot,and in fact i spend about equally time on the discussions from my friends and strangers.
Hello sutent! Replying my friends' discussions is my priority. I check on them everytime, if there are some that interest me, I'd be sure to reply. Well, I think that's what friends here are for, to discuss things and have fun :) cheers!
@seanbryan (351)
• United Arab Emirates
Hi sutent, I still have few friends in mylot but sometimes I won't notice some of their discussions. But whenever I see a topic that catches my interest I always have the urge to respond to anybody's discussion may it be from a friend or from a stranger. Happy mylotting!
hi sutent I usually do go to all my friends discussions first and I have a lotof friends then when I run out of those I will go to discussions that interest me, or where I may be'able to help or to comfort and yes I mingle among all sorts of people and love doing it.