Were you ever a newpaper boy or girl when you you were younger?

@kgwat70 (13396)
Did you deliver newspapers when you were younger to make some extra cash or to start your working career? Did you have good or bad experiences?
@Poison_Girl (4163)
I was and it wasn't so bad. Don't know why I quit. I did hate waking up early in the morning on the weekends, though. I got lots of tips because I went through the trouble of putting the papers on the porches. My one bad experience (the one I can remember most, anyway) was being in an old folks home during an earthquake. It was pretty scary! --- --- --- "I certainly think Britney Spears is the devil. The way she projects herself and the fact that she is so obviously vacuous. I think it's such a shame that she became so influential to very small children." -- MORRISSEY --- --- ---
@kgwat70 (13396)
I didn't think it was so bad either but I definitely agree it was hard getting up early on the weekends. I got tips too for putting the paper inside the screen door or on the porch.
I was not, but I remember my husband had a paper route when we were younger, he did well and made good money for a little kid.
@kgwat70 (13396)
that is great to hear. I made a good amount of money being a kid and it actually helped me get a job at a bank later since the boss at the bank dropped the papers off to my house and she remembered me. :-)
@gabs8513 (48716)
Yes I was that is how earned myself a bit of money when I was young till I left School and was able to work
@kgwat70 (13396)
Good job. :-) Thanks.
@carmat (2850)
NO I GREW UP ON A FARM SO THAT KEPT ME PLENTY BUSY WHEN I WAS A LITTLE FELLOW. THAT AND IT WAS MILES TO THE NEIGHBORS HOUSE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A REAL CRAPPY PAPER ROUTE
@kgwat70 (13396)
I am sure that did keep you very busy. :-)
No, I was not. I wanted to have a paper route, but I was not encouraged to pursue it. I understand my Mom's reluctance now that I am an adult, but at the time, I was very disappointed.
@kgwat70 (13396)
I am sorry that you did not get to have a paper route. I assume your mom thought it was unsafe for you to do it, which would be understandable.
@happygal68 (3278)
I never really wanted to deliver papers when I was young. I was more into the babysitting and cleaning houses as I was growing up. Did quite well at too, I was able to buy alot of my clothes and school things so my parents didn't have to use their money.
@kgwat70 (13396)
That is great. Probably won't find too many guys babysitting but glad that you made good money and were able to buy your own clothes. So that is so nice. I put most of my money into my savings account.
@msqtech (15226)
yes and I enjoyed it but the weather was sometimes harsh
@kgwat70 (13396)
Yes, it was fun and I agree the weather could be harsh at times but it was easy and make good tips.
@LadyElektra (1079)
i wanted to be sooooooooooo bad..mom wouldnt let me
@bhchy1 (6052)
no...but I did as an adult...my roommates and I delivered papers in Los Angeles..we would take turns doing it and the money went to pay our utility bills and for food...
@angel1983 (149)
no i never have
@manzician (4739)
No.. I was never...Aneewayz.... Thanks for your question.... Its really nice to be here at mylot.... Are you guys here for money or just for fun???
@Bettyann (2486)
no i didn't
@ralpek413 (773)
nope