INDIA's FREEDOM

Just a thought came across my mind when this year we were celeberating our Indipendence day. Usually on that day all over India people talk and remember about freedom. Do we really have freedom now ? I think when Britishers were ruling India the common man got more freedom than when kings were ruling.When kings were ruling, people of India were treated like slaves. But Britishers brought many laws and common man got freedom to live happily. After Brishers left only some politicians got more freedom.Corruption in Govt sectors increased and still going on. Have you ever thoght in this line ?
@roberten (3131)
I have never been to India, yet; but plan to visit sometime. I have thought about this very subject. I live among Indians and work for them too and have been reminded of the master/subordinate relationships. It amazes me that some still think and exist in that frame of mind. Freedom is so loved by the people I know but they cling to hiarchary within their society. Some even seem proud when they are able to dominate others. I do wonder if the that mind-set will ever change. Sad, very, sad.
You are right.This mind set at times disturbs our work so much. I work in a Radio studio.As far I am concerned I able to do repaire every equipment in our studio. I have taken many long hours and years to go very deep in the subject of Electronics. But in my work place only a person who knows to salute my boss is the best person and only he gets the proper promotions. A junior of mine knows nothing about electronics and he got the promotions.But he knows how to act like obedient to the boss. When the higherups come he welcomes them to his house, speaks all sweet words. This is a sad affair of Indians.
@roberten (3131)
I totally agree but also have faith that someday this will not be the norm; true freedom comes through equality.