Vertigo , anyone?

@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I woke up yesterday morning drunk as a monkey & STEPPING SO HIGH U WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I WAS IN A FIELD OF COW-PATIES. QUIT LAUGHING IT WAS NOT FUNNY,.Anyway i went back to bed hoping i would feel better when i got back up. great, got woke up because i had a horrible nightware. I was thinking this is going to be a wonderful day. Of course i am diagnosing my own problem . May have been all that green water around my brain just sloshing around in my green instead of vertigo. Are y'all bothered by vertigo?
@nra091501 (176)
my nephew has vertigo. i wonder what's the cause of this? is this hereditary? he's been hospitalized for 4 days and was diagnosed with vertigo. is it curable? i'm a little ignorant of this disease.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I hope your nephew is feeling better. vertigo is a problem w/your inner ear. I think once u have it u have it but it doesn't affect u all the time. there is a med that u can take for it. I have quite a few friends that have it really bad & they keep the med on hand & take it when they feel it coming on. mine is not that bad in fact this is the worse i have had it . Thanks for your response & welcome to mylot.
can you tell the medicine you're taking? i'll ask his doctor if my nephew can take the same. thanks a lot!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
the dr. found fluid in my right ear & i was havingall this noise in my ear, the vertigo came a few days later. they gave me LORATADINE. ALOT OF MY FRIENDS HAVE VERTIGO & THEY TAKE ADAVERT[NOT SURE OF THE SPELLING. tHEY KEEP IT ON HAND ALL THE TIME BECAUSE THEY NEVER KNOW WHEN THE VERTIGO MIGHT HIT. Hope your nephew is better.
@quita88 (3716)
AS you know, I had vertigo a couple of weeks ago and had to go to the dr. He disagnosed me with benign positional vertigo. He gave me some anti vert to take when dizzy. I only got dizzy when in turning over in bed---- The dr. said I had "gunk" that dried in my ears and rolled around causing dizziness---vertigo. NO, not in a field of cow patties LOL Nope it darn sure is not funny! But, could be green water sloshing around LOL hang in there, if not better, call DR.:) good to talk to talk ya!! quita88
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
HI LADY, Good to see u back on here. It had slipped my mind that u just had ir, green water taking over again. lol.Thanks for your response & welcome home.
@quita88 (3716)
Hey, just taking a break putting things in right rooms--- But, good to be back and am by myself for the rest of the day. Bryan gone to meet his kids and I HAPPY here all by my lonesome !! How is you dizziness today?????? let me know, one way or the other. Ok, got a little catching up to do and taking advantage of my time. Dish network TV is due here about noon and will be glad to finally get a TV I can watch all day :) catch ya later, quita
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
U need a break. dizziness is better, thanks. I know u will be glad to get all straightened up. I am so glad u are back in ok. Take care.
@jerimiyah (232)
i had my vertigos when i am so stress. I take a tablet to relieve it and i take a nap with my pillows elevating my head.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I am sorry u are bothered w/it. Stress can do alot of bad things to u. Take care & THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.
@jillhill (37383)
Not that I know of! .....ah.....maybe it explains some strange things that go through my mind.....and sometimes a stroke of dizziness.....bet it is strange to wake up to something like that!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I'm glad u aren't botherd w/it, Jill. It's not very good company but i didn't have it near as bad as some people i know. Thanks for responding & i hope u have a great weekend.
@jayrene (2712)
i have had vertigo attacks many times already... i have tinitus for a very long time now. i have lost my hearing some years ago, and up to now i have tinitus. im bothered by vertigo because sometimes i get it when i am somewhere outside where i cannot lie down right away whenever i want to. what i do is just sit down and let it pass, till its ok for me to walk again.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I'm sorry u are bothered w/such a bad problem. Thanks for responding & take good care of yourself. Have a great weekend.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Oh I am so sorry that you suffer from vertigo - I have never had it but have heard that it is horrible. Are you feeling better now JO?
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Yes dear, i am better today.Thanks for your concern. U have a happy weekend. hugs.
@Lakota12 (42684)
Nope not that I nkow of! Never done that
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i'm glad u haven't. It is a yucky feeling. Have a good weekend.
@Lakota12 (42684)
me too. amd have a great weekend!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Thanks, i did have a good weekend. got to keep my favotite grandson most all day yesterday so that made me feel alot better. hope yours was good.
@JenInTN (27564)
I suffered a bit of vertigo once when I had an ear infection. It was a very strange feeling. Have you had your ears checked lately Jo?
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i LOVE YOUR NEW PICTURE. U are just "plum pretty". I had to go to the dr. week before last & i had fluid on my right ear so i imagine that's where the vertigo came from. U have a great saturday. hugs.
@JenInTN (27564)
Thanks jo. Those ears can make you loopy if you get a little fluid on them.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i'm loopy every day,lol.
@suzzy3 (8357)
poor anti how horrible.I had that a few years ago and the doctor told me I had an ear infection to difficult to say.It was awful could not stand up straight.Did consider taking up the drink,so I would feel better about falling over all the time.Now the dizziness I get is caused by the menopause along with the hot sweats ect the doctor gave me some pills for it,I seem to have pills for everything,my friends call me the chemist shop,I got something for everything.Joking apart you must go to the doctors or call him out to your home.Promise me YOU WILL take care of yourself love sue.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Thanks sue, u are a sweetie. I know what u mean about the pills, i take so many every day it's a wonder i don't rattle when i walk. I'm sorry u are having the problems u are. I use to have a little customer at the shop that was alot older than i but every week she would tell me old age is the pits, jo , have found out the hard way she was right, lol. We can always look around & see people alot worse off than we are & i do try to do that. The doctors here 'DO NOT' come to your home. They would probably be insulted if u even ask. Have a great weekend. jo
@suzzy3 (8357)
The doctors don't make many house calls in England now.It is a bit of a nerve as tax payers we pay their salaries which are about £50,000 a year now.We seem to have to be grateful we get an appointment at all .saying that as a regular I always get an appointment,as I say without people like me you would not have a job or if my husband did not pay taxes they would not get paid either,I am from the old school you see.
@suzzy3 (8357)
There must be some good doctors somewhere. Mine are very good,but sometimes you do feel like a number.
@ElicBxn (60894)
the only time was when I had serious dizziness, and when that passed, horrid bells ringing in my ears - my doc said I was a bit young for tinnitus (early 30's) and I've never had it since... I think it was probably actually an allergic reaction, I have some weird ones like my blood pressure being down in the basement... I hope I NEVER have those bells again, it was like standing next to Quasimodo... Giant church bells in my ears! Give me an aspirin buzz any day!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
That noise in your ears can drive u nuts, i know because i have it to. The dr. gave me a pill for it last week & it has helped. Hope u stay well.
@ElicBxn (60894)
Happily it hasn't happened since and I hope it never does again!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I hope u are never bothered by it again. Have a happy week. Hope ur mom is doing well.
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
Cow patties...oh yeah, it is too that funny LOL. Yes, as a matter of fact, I was had an awful case of vertigo that just kept getting worse. I'd been taking a water pill that wasn't supposed to leech away one's electrolytes, but it did mine. Extremely low sodium and potassium levels landed me in the hospital. I still have to take the pill, but now with a RX potassium/chloride supplement! It's a scary thing to be dizzy, yes? It is a recurring problem for you? Have you checked with your dr? Feel better soon! Hugs, Karen
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Hi karen, hope u are having a good friday. I thought someone would ask me what cow patties are but so far they haven't, lol.I'm sorry u had such a bad case of vertigo, it's the pits altho mine was not that bad. I'm glad u found out what caused yours. I take 2 water pills aday but i also take potassium. Sometimes these meds are worse than the problem. I take so much medicine THAT I wonder sometimes if it's not too much but has all been precribe by the dr. Hope he knows what he's doing. I have a little of it every once in awhile but this is the worse i have had it. Thanks, it is better today. Happy days to u.
Hello Jo, and happy Sunday! I know some of my issues stem from all those medications I take. Seems that trying to keep yourself well in one area causes a bit of trouble in others!! Like you, I cross my fingers, say a silent prayer, and hope to God above the dr. knows what he's doing each time I drag out my med basket, which has come to be known as grandmas/moms personal pharmacy. Ack! Hugs, Karen
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I know about the basket i have one to, lol. I guess we have to have all these meds we take but i wish we didn't have to take soo many. U have a great mon. 7 STAY WELL. JO
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Oh gosh Jo, even though this is a week old, I sure hope you're feeling better!?! I can't imagine waking up dizzy like that but I'd do the same thing as you did, go back to bed in hopes to sleep it off. If it doesn't then I'd be taking my hiney to the doctor to be checked out! So did it go away? I hope so!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Thank dear. It is alot better. My balance is a little off every once in awhile. Thanks for your concern. hugs.
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
You bad girl Antique lol.Well atleast you are a responsible drinker and youonly drink at home .Here so many people go out and drink so much and find themselves frendkissing a dog the next morning (sorry for the gross nature of this one )as they sleep the night away on the streets .My friend was just telling me the other day that a guy finally stopped drinking when that very thing happened to him .So Antique no more green water now lol
@bunnybon7 (37643)
• Holiday, Florida
you know i have that a lot also and i fight it all the time. sometimes i have it on and off all day and other days im fine. i wonder what causes it but doctors so far havent been able to tell me. do you think its from either greif or not enough rest?
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I have always heard it was from an inner ear problem. I'm sorry u are bothered w/it. I usually am not. That is a med alot of my friends take for it. Hope u have had a good weekend.
@anniefannie (1743)
and you wonder what i have been up to!did you step in one.lol i had vertgo for a couple of daywhen i was pg with Jamie never again.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I told jen u were up to something[wishful thinking on my part]. lol. Thanks for responding & have a great sat. think i'm going to have my favorite visitor.
@salonga (27955)
Its my lady Boss who has Vertigo and every time she would suffer she could not go to office and would just stay home. According to her it is just as if everything about her is moving in circle and she feels like spinning and whining. The say that vertigo is a balance disorder or disorder in the central nervous system. My Boss gets this when she gets too tired or too worried. Some people at the first symptom of drowsiness takes ice cold drink to stop the trembling. I know other who smells citrus and eat as much to help them with vertigo. Also drinking hot green tea like my Boss is doing could be helpful. You do take care and hope you get over that vertigo soon.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Good morning, thanks for your response & the helpful hints. Hope u have a great weekend.
hi antiquelady yea the respond to this discussion button works on this part of discussions ,due to a glitch in the other discussions the button is not working and you cannot get in to reply at all. I have not had a problem with vertigo but my best friend Nelda did for awhile. it seems she had fluid or something in her inner ear but anyway the doctor prescribed some pills for her and as long as she took them she did not experience any vertigo but if she missed one then it came back.but when she got over her bad cold it all cleared up. My husband had that problem for awhile, something to do with his inner ear and after a round of medication it just seemed to go away.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Good morning Hatley, Thanks for responding. Hope u have a great sat.
@Shar19 (8236)
Sorry to hear that you're going through this. My 78 year old neighbor constantly has this problem. She was also diagnosed with vertigo years ago. I can always tell when the vertigo hits her bad because she'll stay in the house for a couple days and not be able to get around.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
HI SHAR, thanks for your response. I feel sorry for your nrighbor. I have friends that have vertigo really bad & it's awful for them. Have a great weekend.
@thea09 (18327)
• Greece
Sorry Aunty, I's still laughing. If you keep coming out with these Tennessee lines of yours what else can you seriously expect. So you make them up or does everyone use them? I wish they were tranlatable so I could use them in the cafenion later. I've missed the joke completley on the green water though so that might need explaining. As for vetrigo the nearest I've come is not liking the sensaton when inside a lift (elevator). Hope you're feeling better soon Aunty. Hugs
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I like to make people laugh. No, everyone doesn't care on like me.. good thing, i guess.I'm always saying i have green water sloshing around in my head, just more of my foolishness. Thanks for responding.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
I certainly didn't laugh. I went to bed one night and in the middle of the night I woke up with the most intense awful dizzy feeling one could imagine. I sat up and looked towards the clock radio to see what time it was, the bedroom was still pitch black and when I looked at the clock radio there had to be three hundred of them dancing all over. Although the clock radio is lite I couldn't read it obviously. I have never been so scared in my whole life. I thought I was having a stroke. I still get bouts of it every once in awhile.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I'm certainly sorry to hear u are bothered with it. I have alot of friends that have it really bad. I hope u stay well. I know that was a scary thing to happen to u. I'm glad it wasn't a stroke, been there done that to. They are no fun for sure, Take care & have a great weekend.