Want to share your BAD MOMMY moment?

My daughter is now 4. But when she was almost 2 years old and we went to the market, I had her sitting in front of the shopping cart - like most parents do. After I got my shopping done, I went to the car. I parked the shopping cart in back of the car with my daughter still in it. I went to open the driver's side so I could put my daughter in . . . but when I did, I looked through my back window, and I see my daughter's head moving from one side of the window to the other - with her hands up . . . the shopping cart was on a slight hill and was going bye bye!!! So I ran to stop the cart - and LUCKILY there were no moving cars around. what a bad mommy moment! But it was like something that would happen in a movie . . . I think back and laugh about it now. Anyone have a bad mommy moment to confess? Hee hee.
@sacmom (14315)
That's never happened to me, but I've seen it happen to someone else before. A man (I'm guessing he was the father) was putting one child in their car while another child was still in the basket, which was located behind their car. Ironically there is a slight hill where we were at. The cart started to roll. I didn't even think twice or remember if any cars were coming. I went after the runaway cart and grabbed it before the little girl in the cart got hurt, or worse. Fortunately I had parked my car further away that day and was walking by when it happened. The cart wasn't going very fast, but still...a lot of cars come through there. Not to mention the cart could have toppled right there on the hard cement ground. I shutter to think of what might have happened to that little girl if something like that happened. Maybe it wouldn't have, but I for one didn't want to find out! The dad (?) thanked me and I continued walking into the store. I didn't bother to scold him. I think he learned his lesson after that incident. At least I hope so anyway. Happy mylotting!
@sacmom (14315)
Oh and no, I don't want to share my bad mommy moment. I'm sure I have too many to count! LOL
Hee hee - I guess daddies can have bad daddy moments too . . . they, too, are human afterall - hee hee! That was mighty nice of you to rescue the runaway shopping cart . . . you never know what could've happened! And I sure learned my lesson when that happened to me. At least my kid wasn't traumatized . . . in fact, that may have been the beginning of her liking thrilling rides - ha ha! I have my volumns of bad mommy moments, so I'm with you, sacmom! I'll bet every mom has their stories - if they're willing to admit it - hee hee!