10,000 Pieces

@erikmama (12934)
Puzzles are fun and beautiful to complete. I guess I do not have the patience for them, or I need to stick to the kids 25 piece puzzles!! LOL! Could you imagine how long it would take to put together a 10,000 piece puzzle? Just 1000 would take me a half a year! Do you like puzzles?
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I can't say that I am very interested in puzzles though I wouldn't mind doing a few puzzles here and there. Thomas Kinkade has some beautiful puzzles and they make great pictures. We have a puzzle hanging up in our house of Thomas Kinkade's. It's my husband's mother's, lol, hanging up across from their bedroom. It's a beautiful picture indeed! Though the patience it would take, yes I agree, I'd go insane! lol!
@erikmama (12934)
I think they are fun every once in a while, but the big puzzles-NO WAY!! i will stick with helping my sons with their small puzzles. This way I have half of a chance to actually complete the puzzle!!
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I like to put together the smaller puzzles as well and I think the puzzles for kids are so cute. We have a niece and nephew, and I've done puzzles or watched my brother do puzzles with my nephew.
@kaka135 (13479)
Well, I just started a discussion about puzzle, and saw this discussion. I think playing puzzle is fun, especially building it with someone else. Currently, I'm working on a 1000 piece puzzle, it's a picture of Disney characters. My husband and I have been working on it for 2 days, and all the characters have been formed, now we just need to find the pieces for the rest and make it complete. I think it depends on the picture of the puzzle. I think the Disney characters is quite simple to build, as the contrast of the color is sharp. I don't think I have the patient to build 10,000 piece puzzle too. The pieces will be too small for me to see.
@erikmama (12934)
I posted this discussion a few days ago. Puzzles are alot of fun, but require so much time and patience that I do not have! Once they are put together they are so beautiful I really wish I was able to do them!! Even the "simple"ones would be hard for me with all of those pieces!
@sandymay16 (1619)
Hi, I haven't seen a 10,000 pieces puzzle. If I could get one LOL. I have done a 1,000 piece puzzle and it took me 3 months to complete it. I had lettle help from my nephew, my brother and my cousins but they gave up when they could not put a piece in a minute. After completing it I had it framed. Then my brother gave me a 2,000 piece puzzle and a 1,000 piece puzzle. I finished the 2,000 piece in just 3 weeks. I did not have work at that time so I tackle the puzzle everyday for hours. Well, I did get some help and this time they were more enthusiatic only after they saw some progress. LOL Then the last 1,000 piece puzzle I and my cousin finished it in less than a week.
@erikmama (12934)
I do not know if there are puzzles this big, but I am msure there are. i weas just exaggerating because even a 1000 piece seems like way to many!! I give up easily too. All the pieces seem to look alike, especially when it comes to skies and grounds. My kids like to do them, little ones of course!!
You know, when I read this question, I was reminded of my great grandmother, may her soul rest in peace. She would sit for HOURS and work on the most intricate of puzzles, then give them laquer and a frame. I was consumed in just watching her and "puzzled", lol, by how in the world she could be so patient. So to me, it was a reason for admiration, to watch someone so tediously and patiently working something out like that. I have always wished to attain this level of patience. Well, needless to say, my attention span is short lol, and I'm not really fond of working on puzzles no matter how hard I've tried lol. I've not given up though, because to me, if I can manage to sit through piecing together a large puzzle like that, then I am one step closer to being as patient as my great gram was. She was a lovely woman. I miss her. But I think I may have to place the goal of completing a large puzzle somewhere out into the future. Like when i'm old, lol.
@erikmama (12934)
I can say that I am truly amazed with anyone who can sit for hours upon end working on puzzles. they definaltet possess the patience I do not.I am with you-very short attention span., If I did not find pieces quickly enough I would be frustrated and give up. I know you miss her, and my sympathies to you. I have lost both of my grandmother's as well as my father.