Jaycee Duggard expected to put on a happy face

Here she is on the cover of PEOPLE, I'd like to know whos idea is this. This girl has been through stuff many of us can only imagine and here she is being expected to be a cover model. I think its kind of sad because its like people are telling her to put on a happy face so she can appear better and be this happily ever after story for the rest of us. Yea, she was able to cope, take care of a family for all those years but Im curious MENTALLY how developed is she, she got pregnant at such a young age so its ideal she is like a child in a bigger body. She needs to be around people who are there to support her, NOT EXPLOIT HER! And you know what, I think people are being unrealistic here--this girl might N-E-V-E-R get over her trauma, I KNOW shes suffering from some post traumatic stress and here we have the media acting like she just picked up and started a new life, sorry people thats very unrealistic and Im telling you she might never recover--she's have to relearn EVERYTHING, but all the power to her if she does, I think she'd inspire thousands but if she doesn't DEAL with what happened to her its only doing to create destruction in the future.
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
No one but someone who has suffered ongoing abuse can know what can possible be going on behind that beautiful smile. Not only the abuse, but the cloistered lifestyle?? Imagine the adjustments she and her children must make. I agree, she will spend a lifetime trying to heal and understand all of this.
I suffer from PTSD from something that happened when I was a BABY, how in the world that's possible (I KNOW something traumatic happened but not knowing WHAT!!) but it was something that happened before I was adopted and thats why my heart goes out to this girl.
And mine goes out to you...and so many!
@dragon54u (31184)
What a lovely young woman she turned out to be! I wish her every happiness and hope she can make up for lost time with her family. PEOPLE is an exploitative magazine that has no heart or soul. I would have advised her against doing the story but if she wants to do it and use the money to help her children and herself, more power to her. But I don't intend to read the story, I'd feel as if I was prying. I never buy that magazine or look at it in waiting rooms. It has the same sleazy, greasy feel to it as the other, cheaper looking tabloids you see in the supermarket checkout lines. It's nothing but trash.
i walked by it in the store the other day just caught me totally off guard left a sick feeling in my stomach, like i wanted to just say to the other customers--you seeing what im seeing i couldnt believe it but PEOPLE is like the pimp of tabloids, they get everybody and just dress it up so it looks like their doing it for the good of everybody
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Perhaps she feels the need to do this, that if she can put on a happy face for the world, she may be able to do it in private. Maybe she just needs the money. Who knows, but she wouldn't be on the cover if she hadn't agreed to it. It could just be about taking every opportunity that comes along, to make up for all those she's missed while in captivity. For her sake, I hope she made the right decision.
your right, nobody deserves that and hopefully she can make the best