My daughter and Monster Inc!!!!!!!!

I didn't mind it at first when my little one will ask to see a movie or to watch sesame street! But now... All she wants to see Monsters Inc... To admit its a very cute movie and I did like it... I DID! Now that is the only thing that she wants to watch! I am so sick of the movie that even the thought about watching it again makes my stomach whirl! lol.. How many of you have gone through this? When your little one wants to watch the same movie over and over again? Please share your stories, I know that I can't be the only one in the world dealing with this! Thanks! Have a nice day!
Sorry that's how it rolls til either the disk gets scratched up or the disk magically disappears OR the dvd player is "broken" suddenly. Otherwise I just turn the volume down and find something else to do.
Hi Snugglebunnies! Well I don't think the disk is ever going to stop being that it is copied to the playstation! What a mistake introducing that movie to her! lol... Well yes, I think I am going to start putting my ipod on while the movie is on! Thanks for the idea!
We had your problem with many movies & Elmo in Grouchland was the one we replaced 3x! But once each kid got old enough to understand seseamestreet they fell in love with the movie also.
Ohhh. I have that Elmo movie as well.. For some reason my daughter does not like it, but she loves other Elmo DVDs.. Weird!
@crys7881 (267)
Goodness no you are not the only one that has gone throught that stage!! lol I remember my son was the same way, lucky for me he has a TV in his room so I would just let him watch it over and over in his room! He would be facinated with certain foods too, not just movies! I remember for a good month or two all he would eat was pepperonis! I know they are good but literally that is all he would eat....and drink milk! I don't remember if my daughter was like that with movies though, maybe because she is older and I swear I have lost part of my memory lol
Hi Crys! Well I think we as mothers all lose a little part of our memory! But its ok.. My daughter goes through some food phases too! Two months ago all she wanted was watermelon... I had to tell her that if she ate then she would get a piece... But now if you offer her some watermelon, she spits it out! Kids! They are to cute and sometimes get to you! I
@Raven7317 (693)
Good morning! All I could think about while I was reading this was "MIKE WYSOWSKI!" LOL My son loves this movie! But his absolute favorite, when he was about 2, was The Incredibles - he watched this OVER AND OVER! Then, it was Nemo... Then it was ... and then ... As he got older, he found new movies to obsess over... Now, at 4, he's in love with Bolt! It's cute, as well as HILARIOUS, when they watch something so often that even when they're NOT watching it, you catch them repeating lines - or even better - SINGING songs from the movie!!! I used to tell my little guy that Mr. Incredible "needs to rest now." LOL He'd believe me and often would pick another movie... I found that the most helpful thing was to let him pick a movie by allowing him to look at all the cases... You know, we keep all his movies in one of those CD files and we put the cases in his closet... But looking at the cases, the pictures made it easy for him to remember the movie and remember that he liked it...
Hi Raven! Auggggh! That name gets me sick now! Lol... Well She gave Wow Wow Wubbzy a rest, and Toy Story and now she is into Monster Inc... I always tell her that the Monsters are sleeping! Then I have her pick another movie and she ends up not paying any attention to it! But I can't dare to turn it off! LOL! Its cute! But My I can act out the whole movie!
@LdeL0318 (6467)
I do have a nephew. He always want to watch Barney. He keeps on watching the same over and over again. He even memorized the sequence as well as the lines of the characters. I just laugh at him whenever he tries to imitate what will happen next. He is now five years old but still fond of watching Barney. The cd is sometimes jumping because of the frequent use. Just yesterday I bought him new one but he can easily recognize the episodes that he already have.
Lol.. How cute! I will even give in to watching Barney! As we speak my daughter is watching Monsters Inc!