Selling one's soul to the devil... gross and scary!

@manong05 (5029)
Some people are so desperate in their life enough for them to say they are willing to sell their souls to the devil just to get out of the desperate situation they find themselves in. How do you find this statement to mean? Don't you find this gross and scary?
@voldrox (7204)
Hi manong Hmm i see... i think people who say such things are the ones who don't believe in God or they either say taking things lightly, whatever it be but it just not sounds good and they probably should not say it, i mean would one really sell their soul to the devil to get out of something much lesser in this world! have a nice day manong!
@manong05 (5029)
yes, your response reminded me of a verse in the Bible that says What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole and lost his own soul, and what shall a man give in exchange for his soul. The question is rhetorical, the obvious answer is "none" enjoy!
@voldrox (7204)
I can recollect this one but i don't remember where i had seen it "Fear not child from the man of dark but from the Man of light!" fear of God is one of the ways we can come closer to Him!
@manong05 (5029)
that's a nice one! thanks.
@Rainegurl (2158)
Hi, manong. I honestly do not know what it means. I mean do you actually talk to the devil and make a deal? Or is it figurative, like you do something really deeply evil without regard to the consequences? Whatever it means, yes, it is gross and scary. I cannot imagine why anyone would do it. Maybe misinformation or lack of conviction for anything.
@manong05 (5029)
It actually means making an arrangement with the devil to help solve ones problems and in return, the devil can take his soul straight to hell or he is offering himself to be the devil's servant to do wicked things and expand the devil's kingdom on earth. There are of course, religious underpinnings and some people may not believe in a literal devil aside from an ultimate expression of bad and wickedness and as an idea antithetical to the concept of the existence of a good being, God. Whatever it is, it is the willingness to do even the most wicked thing just to get himself out of a desperate situation. enjoy!
@shadow41 (2356)
Nah. I don't believe in that. It's just words coming out from the mouths of desperate people to relieve themselves. If given an actual chance to see the devil I bet they'll run their way out from the devil. shadow41
@manong05 (5029)
Hahaha, you just gave me a good laugh shadow. I bet they will definitely run away at first glance. enjoy.
@jennysp8 (855)
Well, I personally do not believe in the Devil so I do not believe that anyone's soul is at risk. I do believe in a higher power and our souls belong to that higher power, so basically, no one has the right or the authority to "sell" it. I do however feel sad for those that do believe in the Devil and "sell" their soul. Not because of their belief in the Devil but that they would rather give up their soul, then face their troubles (even though they can't really do what they are trying to do)...it just shows they do not have a deep understanding of life and that they are the type of people who just give up.... Thanks for the discussion!!
@manong05 (5029)
so its their own way of accepting defeat. good point. Yes, for someone who has a deeper understanding of life, would want to do everything to find solutions to their problem with the belief that there is nothing that can not be solved. enjoy life!
@oink24 (67)
yeah,it was scary because the Lord is the only way for us to get out in a desperate situation..he is always there for us in everytime we need him...
@manong05 (5029)
Certainly, the Lord is always there to help us go out of desperate situations. enjoy!