What do you wish for Christmas this year in respect of gifts?

What is the one gift you would like to receive for Christmas this year and what is the one gift that you can be sure of getting? For the first time for many many years I will not be having Christmas dinner at home. We are going to my Daughters (only 7 miles away) and her husband is cooking dinner for us. It will be very odd sitting down (as already been instructed that I will do) and having someone else cook it. I look on this as a gift.
@angemac23 (2005)
I hope everyone gives me money so I can pay of my credit cards! lol...but in all seriousness, I don't expect anything and hope no one goes out their way to get me anything. Christmas is not about getting and giving gifts. There are so many people in the world who have nothing, we should be focusing on that and the many things that we do have!
Although Christmas is not about getting gifts we do it as it is lovely to show people we love that we care. But having said that we can still get the shoeboxes out and fill them with things to take to our local area to be handed to someone less fortunate than ourselves and be greatful for what we have
@angemac23 (2005)
I don't need to receive gifts from my loved ones to know they care and they dont need to receive gifts to know I care about them. Many ways to show people you care without showering them with material things.
@dragon54u (31617)
I just saw your first response--I work by email so don't see the whole discussion before I reply. What is this shoe box thing? Is it a program, what is the name? I'm wondering if they have it in my town.
In our area what you do is get a box, this is usually a shoebox hense the name, but it can be any box as it is solid and easy to seal down. You can then fill this box with anything you want. You can put in spare tins of food and mark on the outside that it is tin food and good for a family or elderly. You can put toys, pens, paper in it for children or even make them up for just boys or just girls. Then you take the box to a local collection centre and they will hand them out to people they feel need them for Christmas. Nothing has to be expensive and it can be anything you have in the cupboards or that your family dont want anymore. Everyone gains. You have given, you have cleared out your spare items and the person who receives it is thrilled.
@dragon54u (31617)
That sounds like a great idea! I'll look and see if there's anything like that in my area.
If there is not you could always start it going and ask a charity shop if they would hand out the boxes. Let me know if you do do it. x
@dragon54u (31617)
My son and his fiancee will be coming for Christmas and that's my gift. If my other son can come, too, it'll be even better but I think he's planning to wait till January as travel during December is so awful. Last year was so bad that he swore he'd never fly anywhere during Christmas again! I'll get to bake cookies for someone and have people praise my cooking again, too! This will also be the first Christmas Eve I'll be able to spend with my cousin, whom I hadn't seen for 40 years until I moved back to my home state. Meeting her family will be a real blessing! And of course, the greatest gift of all that the holiday celebrates is mine every day of my life.
That is going to be a great reunion after 40 years! I hope you have a really wonderful time and that your other son does decide not to miss out on being there with you all.
i would like to have a new badminton racket. yesterday, when i went back to play, i found my racket getting deteriorated, or was it how i played . must be the latter too because of the long absence from the badminton courts. i really want to replace my racket and hope to receive it as a gift for christmas. i am sure that i will be getting one for christmas or even earlier. i have already asked someone to give it to me as a gift and i am sure that i will have it. i have asked MYSELF and MYSELF promised to give it to me . it is one gift that i would like to give myself. never had done this in the past christmases. don't u think it's about time to pamper myself?