Is there another vegetable ?

@wmraul (2557)
Bucharest, Romania
All of you sure know is not recommended to eat onion - or something containing onion - while you are about to go in public, because, of course, of the smell. My question to you: Do you know another VEGETABLE which, once eated after you eat onion, will eliminate the "onion breath" ? Atention ! Be creative, yet the question terms are clear: not chewing-gum or whatever pharmaceitical product,. A vegetable. Pure, not coocked, in natural shape. As far as I know, the answer is unique ...
From what I've heard, if you chew on parsley it will eliminate bad odors from your mouth. Perhaps chewing on fresh mint would do the same, but I'm not positive. I realize that these aren't truly vegetables, but they are natural herbs so they would fall into roughly the same category. But hey, I don't avoid eating onion because of the smell. I really like the flavor of onion and if someone else doesn't like it, then it is their problem, not mine.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
wmraul won't let herbs pass as vegetables, have another guess,it is closer than you think.
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
hehe, thanks thea. Dorannmwin, above on this page I gave 2 hints ...
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Garlic does the job.
@hora_fugit (5442)
Stuff the person with any vegetable to the brink, and it will be the cure of not 'onion breath' only but any kind of breath...! Had gone to psychopath discussion and somehow it has affected my brain Will you mail me the answer later?
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
misterwit Is not something new ... odds are that vegetable is in everybody's home ...
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Just following my friend wmrauls orders here, I gave the correct answer on page one and you all walked past it. GARLIC.
If the onion is done the way it should, it shouldn´t give "onion breath". Garlic is different, of course. As for your question, why don´t you try a parsil tea? Or you can eat anything where you put parsil, but I find an infusion is better. Take care!
I wonder if the answer is fresh carrot because of its relationship to many herbs.
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
Is not carrot
@vandana7 (64881)
Hi wmraul, nobody so far has mentioned tomatoes, so I think I will mention that. And please keep posting such puzzles. I am sure everybody enjoys them. At least I do. :)
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
Nobody mention tomatoes indeed, congratulations !!! I mean congratulations because you are first to mention that, the answer is anotherone ... Hint: no, is not used in any kind of tomato salad, at least I never hear of any tomatoes salad recipe to recommend to use it ...
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Listen wm, I will be leaving in about 20 mins and will not be on line (at least I don't see any possibility) until Monday or Tuesday so please don't keep me in suspense! What is it?
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
IT IS MASHED POTATOES AND MUSHROOMS. AM I THE WINNER?
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I don't know of a vegetable at all. I think that I would use a piece of ginger and make ginger tea and I have mint and parsley growing too which would help. But a vegetable? No I am stumped with this one. Very intriguing post
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Hi cynthiann, just when you thought you'd left the psycopaths alone here I am again on wmrauls orders or request. There is a vegetable which works whioh has no relation to parsley or ginger. Think of the obvious.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Oh you are unkind! Think of the obvious? You mean me, think of the obvious? I do not thnk of things that are obvios. I dunno - potatoes?
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
Nope ! On the next page I gave (in different boxes) 3 hints by now ...
I am thinking of an herb, but I am not sure that is what you wanted, so I will also read what you respond with. Fresh parsley, often considered as just a garnish, is a breath sweetener. That is how the tradition grew up to serve it on the side of a savory plate. If I did not have parsley, I would consider mint leaves or fennel seed, or a clove. I am interested if any of the things I have suggested are the item you were looking for.
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
Intersting answers but it have to be a vegetable to be used as it is. Mint leaves .. I quite think who would have those in home Parsley and fennel, yeah, but .. who do have those regulary in home, fresh ready to be eated ? The answers are really good, yet is not the answer I espected Oh, I forgot .. did I mention in my question anything about making breath FRESH ? I think I asked "to eliminate the onion odor ..
Parsley is a herb that most people have at home. I use it so much that I have some planted in pots. That way you have fresh parsley when you need it. It´s easy to grow and it lasts 2 years.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
I have mint at home, I freeze it in ice cube trays for when it's not in season but wmrausl right, it won't eliminate onion breath.
@max1950 (2313)
chew a few parsley sprigs
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
wmraul says you can have another guess.
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
I don't have parsley .. yet I have other vegetables are like onions .. parley must be fresh new, other vegetable (as onion) can stay unused weeks and still good to use ..
@max1950 (2313)
buy seeds plant them in a container, put the container on a window sill or on a kitchen where it will get some light and you'll have parsley all year
@kutedarsu (254)
hummm i can say MINT - jusy few mint (leaves) will help to change the smell of onion.
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
mint is vegetable ?
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
All along the answer was above you, it was garlic of course.
Garlic is best i meant mint leaves. some don't like to have garlic rite?
@stvasile (7317)
Ah, but this is easy... It's the garlic, of course! You always get rid of the onion scent after eating garlic
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
I already got that one in box 3 stvasile but then kept up the pretence that I hadn't. So obvious, all these others coming up with your unmentionable herbs.
@stvasile (7317)
Thea, I've seen your response after posting mine. I access friends' discussions from my e-mail notification, so the first page I see is with the box where I enter my response. Only after responding I see the other responses, so that I don't cheat.
hi wmraul nope do not know of another veggie that would take away onion breathe but chew some anise and your breath will smell of licorce which is nicer than onion breath. or rinse your mouth with a little baking soda dissolved in water and the odor will be gone. This really'does work for any odor.
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
yet is a vegetable which fully eliminate the onion mouth odor. The answer have been given on first page long a go ..
Garlic and onion - I always use garlic and onion as a seasoning on my foods...I don't think it takes away the garlic smell, though.
I think I would prefer eating all the other remedies that was suggested here, than eating Garlic, because then you would have to find a solution to get rid of the Garlic. There is nothing more gross than smelling garlic breath...I would actually prefer onion breath over that.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Sweet chariot, have you never tried roasted garlic, it is wonderful.
Coffee Beans, Fresh Parsley, or Caraway seeds, green tea...but considering these aren't vegetables..the next best solution is mixed vegetables, potatoes, carrots or mushrooms all mixed together. If your answer is none of these, it is less likely to be a real answer....lol
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
It is a real answer. Maybe funny, but very very very real. 101% guarantee nobody will even think you have EVER eat onion ..
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
It's real and you don't need to be a psycopath to get it
@jb78000 (15173)
yep - garlic will overpower the onion smell. may not actually be an improvement though but it will work. the other one is aniseed seeds. also vanilla pods. trying to avoid saying the very obvious one though
@jb78000 (15173)
also perhaps strawberries
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
Who said something about "improuvment" ?
Hmmm... it's a vegetable but it can't be cooked? I'm not sure but my guess would be celery (even though I agree with everyone else that parsley is commonly accepted to be a good remedy LOL).
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
I just gave a hint on the answer above .. I didn't say can not be coocked .. I said it can be used as it is .. No, is not parsley.
@SallyAnna (143)
Hi wmraul, I would try eating some lemon with alittle salt. I'm not sure but, it's possible the lemon could over power the smell of the onion..but hmmmmm a lemon is fruit so lets see......You could a try a radish.. I guess truly the best thing to do would be brush your teeth and use some mouth wash if that isn't possible gum some gum.
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
tooth brushed, mouth wash, mint, gum .. onion smell is stborn and comes from .. stomach also .. SallyAnna .. vegetable .. ? No, radish won't do the magic
@mohan89 (242)
Have some mint leaves buddy. It not only eliminates the smell also helps in good digestion/
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
I woul;d skip the mint, first because is not a vegetable (onion, carrot, potato, and so on), second is not something I usually have in home .. Any other idea ?
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Hi wmraul, got to be garlic
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
What is garlic ?
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
It is a bulb.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Behave for once Mr Misterwit. I said garlic, think of the boss.
@Louc74 (620)
Chewing a little parsley will freshen your breath.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
But it won't eradicate onion breath, whilst garlic will.
@Louc74 (620)
I noticed earlier in the posting that this was the case, but since garlic breath is worse, and stronger than onion, it's just covering up the smell with a stronger, more pungent smell, not really getting rid of it, and then you would need something to get rid of the garlic smell - unless you're trying to avoid vampires! Lol! Thus it would go: onion - garlic to get rid of the onion - parsley to get rid of the garlic.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Well wmraul never said it had to smell nice, just eliminate the onion. So does chewing parsley work for garlic for real then? I must take a bunch out with me to the cafenion then and pass it around for all those who have been on the tzatzi.
..
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
hmm .. since when black pepper smells ? Ah, I see .. must be exactly 2 ...
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
No way ! Black pepper reproduce thru eggs and hate flies ..
@shilley (157)
Hi..wmraul,as you say onion may give bad breath but to speak frankly i have not encountered this problem may be because i drink lot of water after every meal or whenever i eat anything containing onion and sometimes i also gargle my mouth with water.But as you are looking for a pure,natural vegetable which can eliminate onion breath,i think cucumber is the best option.Cucumber is known for its cooling properties as well as digestive properties.Cucumber when eaten makes one feel lighter after a heavy meals and also eliminates breath.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Hi shilley, afraid the correct answer wasn't cucumber but garlic, but then maybe cucumber will work on garlic breath.
my opinion carrot is the best healthiest food. it contains lots of vitamins.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Carrots are indeed healthy, almost as healthy as garlic which was the answer.