To Close For Me

@erikmama (12929)
The Walgreens right beside my son's daycare was robbed!! In braod daylight! It is not a bad area of town, but this makes it so much harder to leave him there! But what can you do??
@GoGirl149 (154)
I don't know how old your son is, but here are a few tips on what you can do once he's old enough to understand... 1. Talk to your son about strangers and stranger danger. 2. Sign your son up for self defense classes or Karate classes or some other similar class so he can defend himself, or at least be fit enough to run away from an attacker. 3. Teach your son about avoiding dangerous situations ... maybe it when he's a bit older you can ask to have a police man speak at his school, to teach him things like to avoid dark allies late at night, walk in groups, things like that. I know you wish you could protect your son inside the safety of your house and never let him out. But that's just gonna cause a bunch of other problems. Your best option is to prepare him for the outside world and leave the rest up to a higher power. I hope this helps.
@erikmama (12929)
My son is 4 years old, but he is a very smart young man. We have talked about strangers and all of that, but it is really scary knowing how close to him this happened!! I really appreciate your help and advice!