This Proves that "Greed" cause the Depression

Hello LOtters, I just spotted this article from yahoo news. It's a wake up call alright from WALL ST. they just arrested one of the wealthiest people in this building, Hedge fund boss, 5 others charged in $25M-plus insider trading case, which is i believed to be illegal and not good for ordinary people in the US. too much money? how many more does these people want! This proves how a business man can be so greedy that they're willing to DO a lot of illegal things. this is bad for people who are working in their A$$e$ just to make a good living. what are your views on this..how can this happened, although am not that surprise, these people are "SLAVES" to their own money... I guess Money isn't Every thing.... Not a referral Link http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Billionaire-among-6-nabbed-in-apf-2808194948.html?x=0
@zed_k4 (17634)
I kind of suspect this kind of thing bound to be happening. Whenever there's a depression period, you can find news like this all the time. It's no surprise to me, and human behavior - the greed part has always haunt humans. One must always exercise control and not succumbing to it because it's only going to be bad things throughout happening..
Hello Zed, I had been in this suspicion too since they started saying about this depression, it's not surprising, richer becomes richer and poorer tends to get poorer every single day. there's no doubt that greed is responsible for this and probably some other crimes wich regards to money. with regards to control, i think only a few had this and nice enough to give back to other where most only want more and more money.
@zed_k4 (17634)
True2x.. things people do for money. It's just not worth it, because evil deeds will always be spotted/caught.
@zed_k4 (17634)
Alice/Letran Let's hope that we can stamp out greediness forever. But gluttony, is that a different thing altogether?
@Louc74 (620)
Hi Letran. You should read Maxed Out by James Scurlock, or watch the film of the same name. He worked in the financial industry for years, then became so disgusted by it that he decided to write a book blowing the lid on how corrupt the industry is. If you get around to reading it, you'll be utterly disgusted at the tactics these companies have been using. The biggest criminals in our society are the ones at the top of the tree, who also have the most power. Hopefully these theives being arrested is just the beginning. People need to become more aware so that they can start to fight back.
Hello Louc74, Oh, thank you, louc, uh, can you give me any further details on wher ei can find this in a website or book store perharps? i hope i can read this book soe day, it seems that i am fully ignorant when it comes to the corporations dirty tactics that am only familair with it in the movies. i agree the corrupt people are always on the topic using their strings to control other people and do the same thing.
@Louc74 (620)
I've just had a look on Amazon, and there are copies on there for a penny plus £2.75 p&p, I'm not sure if they deliver to where you are. I don't use any of the free movie sites, but it would be worth having a look on there as well. It is well worth a read, but be ready to get incredibly angry - I was spitting nails while I was reading it! Lol!
@paula27661 (15900)
I often wonder if having a lot of money can do that to a person. I always tell myself that if I was to come across a fortune it would not change me but I have to wonder whether it is human nature that the more we have the more we want hence the greed. I would like to think not but you never know. What a shame that for some wealth has become something to worship above all else.
Hello Paula, One thing, it can corrupt and makes them ugly from the inside. Money, probably can make me satisfy with buying a lot of stuff but it can never make me happy, sooner or later i will be fed up with it and loose interest. but at least it can help me settle all the bills, that's one thing good about money. they worship money, that's what it is. the wealth comes from the heart and kindness of other people.
@paula27661 (15900)
The thing about money is that it is not necessarily a blessing to have lots but to have no money worries, now that would be peace! I would like just enough not to have to worry about how I am going to cover all my expenses!
@artistry (4154)
.....Hi LetranKnight25, This I would say, is just the tip of the iceberg. There are others who may be arrested as well. But the very sad thing is, that some of what, or a lot of what, they were doing to rob people is legal. Just like the credit card companies, with their extremely high interest rates, which they charge people who have good credit scores, it's legal highway robbery. The Senate just passed a bill which makes things worse for the consumer with regard to banks, and if the president signs it, it will put the consumer further behind the eight ball, as the banks continue to have it their way. We need better, stronger consumer advocates. Write your congressman and senator, when you read something that goes against the best interest of the common man or woman. Take care.
Hello Artistry, I completely agree with you. I only hope that they don't get a way with what they did hopes that they will arres t more corrupt people. well, with regards to our politics, i think most of the congressmen are more of these arrrested hoodlums, an di hope the authorities, some who have not been corrupted should at least wire tap these people and have ten arrested..
@hexeduser22 (5856)
How many times do we have to tell this people that "greed will do you no good". It's time to get their fat oily a$s3$ whooped
Hello Hex, Before my say, i just want to congratulate you for reaching your five hundred post. it proves that you're always an active member here. NO, they're already blinded with money that they won't even listen to their own family, hence maybe their family doesn't even know how much they are earning ever single day. they will never listen unless they are arrested..