You Are The Driver Of Your Life!Be Careful,Might Suffer From Critical Accident!

Literally speaking, a driver is a person who brings his passengers in the places they want to go. They are being paid for the services that they are doing to the passengers. If we are are going to relate this to our life, we should be very careful in driving,I am not saying literally that you have to drive a car, what I am saying is managing our life. As a driver of our life, we should go in the right direction, path or right track. We should make wise decisions. We should analyze everything first before doing an action. just for instance, if I turn left, will I be safe?What if I turn right, will i die? A driver get a lot of passengers from different walks of life everyday. As a person, we meet different people everyday, it's up to you if you will let her/ him ride in your life. you should be very careful with this decision, you don't know if that person will bring you to the right direction .Always be careful, because if you go in the wrong direction, you might suffer from accident. I hope you get what I am trying to say here. The only thing I can say is "destiny is not a matter of choice, but a matter of chance" I hope you learn from what I have written. You can give your thoughts and insights.happy mylotting!!!
@ckyera (17261)
hello there... somehow that's true, but sometimes even how careful we are, we are still prone in meeting accidents...coz we are not the only driver along the road... and there's a lot of accidents in the road that even the careful drivers are being involved... some other drivers are the reason for some accidents we meet in our life... so we can never really say...but what is more important is that we know how to stand & recover after those accidents we meet...
hi ckyera if you would try to check my discussion, it says there you as a driver of your life, not literally as a driver, lolhope you won't be offended. maybe you are just sleepy,hehe. you are just like letran. but i like your line, "but what is more important is that we know how to stand & recover after those accidents we meet...". we are always good in moving on or we can easily recover in what is happening to our life.
@ckyera (17261)
i knoe rberon & i understand what are you talking about in your discussion... and i am not also using those words literally... see, in real life, no matter how careful we are in managing our life...along the way we will meet different kinds of people...that will bring us some bad things/happenings in our life...that sometimes makes us fall or feel weak... just like having an accident in the roads... that's why we still have problems & many trials are coming in our life...the road is not always straight...get what i mean? so we have to be a wise & strong driver (driver of our life) as well...and not just careful...
"road is not always straight"this is definitely correct, during our travel, we will be encountering a lot of problems and we will get a lot of barriers and obstacles but we have to face all those challenges for us to reach the final destination which is success.
hello rberon, This is a very good reminder to mylotters who actually drive. but unfortunately, i don't drive and most drivers don't use internet. I have so many issues with drivers; bus, jeep and mostly the colorum ones. BUs, they suck, they collect passengers and sometimes the driver drives like a jeepney who races against any vehicles, that's how bus accidents occur. Jeepneys do the same and some what abusive because they tend to race as well when they're pissed off, that ain't right. most specially with colorum, if the cops are on a hunting season for them, the vehicle won't ride right away, it's really that our public transport system, most specially in Manila have personal poor standards on protecting their passengers and runs away when it's their fault.
Hi Letran if you would try to check my discussion, it says there you as a driver of your life, not literally as a driver, lolhope you won't be offended. maybe you are just sleepy, lol.anyway, speaking of our drivers in our country, most of the drivers really sucks, i have suffered from many accidents because of this people.they do not know how to take good care of their passengers, then when they suffered from accident, they will put the blame to other drivers, what about those passengers who suffered? it's unfair. they should be given a sanction.
Yes, I know. am avoiding to speak deeper about being me in my life the driver. frankly, i haven't been that good river, am stall in the middle of the fog road, if you know what i mean.
yes, i know what you are trying to say. i'm so sorry, i understand if you do not want to share about that. its your discretion and i have to respect that, but once your ready, your mylot family is just here for you. happy mylotting!!
@VVroom (258)
Hi rberon1985. I love the 'driver' metaphor. Almost 100 % in agreement with you. However there are 2 things in your text I'd like to stop by for a second. "Always be careful with this decision, because if you go in the right direction, you might suffer an accident'. Well... it is us who are thinking about things in these terms. There is no right and no wrong. All of the things and beings simply are. And that's all. Our mind works through the balance between something and its opposite. This is the pattern known by the mind. So...any direction is possible. Even a bad path ( we think it is bad) has good inside it. Because every single thing is good and bad in the same time. 'Destiny is not a matter of choice but a matter of chance'. There are some very wise people considering this to be slightly different, like in the following sentence "Destiny is a matter of choice and a matter of chance". Because it seems we are choosing our future life, actually the general line and the main tasks. After birth, we are not remembering anything but it's entirely up to us to choose the path to those main tasks. We can reach the same point in many ways. And here comes the chance, which is not actually chance ( it's just our interpretation) but more of other people actions which we don't know about.
Wow!I love your response. " Well... it is us who are thinking about things in these terms. There is no right and no wrong. All of the things and beings simply are. And that's all. Our mind works through the balance between something and its opposite. This is the pattern known by the mind. So...any direction is possible. Even a bad path ( we think it is bad) has good inside it. Because every single thing is good and bad in the same time."you have a point in this statement, but still as much as possible, we should look into things where we are really safe.
@VVroom (258)
it's just a matter of choice deciding between the safe way and the dangerous way. Anyway you take it, you are doing the same thing: experiencing life as it is happening. And that's why we are all here for :)
hi rberon1985 this is a make you think discussion and thats just great. Yes I guess maybe I am in some ways the driver of my life but if you are with other family members or in my case Ihave only my adult son, what happens to them also may happen to you. In this you have not got a whole lot of choices. And sometimes you do not have any, you cannot not let your family into your ride. My son lost his job and since I am retired at 83 and was living with him what happened to him also happened to me. we got evicted from our apartment, ended up homeless so he made the choice for me to come here to Gold Crest retirement center so I would have a place to live, he got help from the gov. to get into an apartment with three other guys, all of them are jobless and looking for work, but for now this is better than being homeless.I guess my other choice would have been to keep running around looking for shelter for the homeless and that is the most humiliating feeling imaginable. one moment you are an ordinary citizen living in an apartment the next you are on the street so to speak. well the only good choice was the one that my son made so painful as it was it was the right one.
I'm so sorry to hear all this things from you. I never thought that you are already 83 years old. i thought you are just 50 years old, i am not kidding. In our place, an 83 year old lady are mostly bed rest already. You are so strong to do things like this. You should not do a lot of things so you won't get sick. Your son is very kind, because he looks into your safety, I am looking forward that your son will get his job. Just continue to have faith in God and continue to pray and I'm sure, god won't close the door without opening the door. I am glad that you have appreciated my discussion. The people in this site are my inspiration in writing all this things, actually, I let all of you ride in my life because i know that you will lead me in the right direction. happy mylotting!!
thanks for the best response it was much appreciated and good luck in finishing the rest. mine are so backed up and i felt so bad not getting to them. so now is my chance. thanks again.
@icecubic (1851)
Wow . .that's great i love this word "the driver of your life" . Most of people must be theirself and none can be give a their goal if they don't care with their self absolutely.
Yes, we are the driver of our life, we should be careful in every decision that we make so that we will not be redirected in the wrong way. Thanks for your input, happy mylotting
@hexeduser22 (5853)
An Idiom or a metaphor or whatever... All I can say is this "Don't drink and drive". We only get to drive our lives once so we must be very careful and be mindful of it's importance. Don't take ones life for granted because making decisions is likely to be very hard most of the times and making the wrong choice could literally end your life. It's better to be safe than sorry
[i]"Don't take ones life for granted because making decisions is likely to be very hard most of the times and making the wrong choice could literally end your life."[/i]. I love this line, this is definitely true, we should always value our life and not just take for granted. Wise and correct decision will lead us in the right track.
@seanbryan (351)
• United Arab Emirates
Hi rberon, There two conflicting issues in you discussion, first is the being us "the driver of our own life". I am with you in saying this, we are the one choosing our path of life if we are to be on the safe or on the critical road. However, the other thought which is "destiny is not a matter of choice, but a matter of chance" is not supported by the by the first one, "being the driver of our own life" as this entails "destiny as a matter of choice". A person may choose to find his luck abroad than stay in his home country jobless so this is a matter of choice. Though "destiny as a matter of chance" sometimes is also true, as when you buy a lotto ticket and become an instant millonaire. My point here is if "good choice" and "better chances" would go together then one will end up a good destiny of life. Happy mylotting!