Charges Filed!

@erikmama (12934)
The "balloon stunt" folks are now facing criminal charges!
@coolcoder (2022)
So it's official now? I just posted on a thread about the Balloon Family and said something about how they needed to be investigated, but I didn't know whether charges would be filed. If this is true, then it's happy news, indeed.
@spalladino (17927)
Yes, coder, it's true. The Sheriff held a news conference today and said that they pretended to be supportive of the family until they could get some rest. Then they tricked them into coming to the station...separately...and their plan was to convince them to take lie detector tests. He couldn't say whether they did or what the results were. Several of the charges are felonies so there is jail time involved.
@erikmama (12934)
Yes, I saw it on the news right before I posted it.
@diamania (7037)
• Netherlands
Rightly so, this little joke have put a lot of stress on the authorities. What did the parents expect? A hand shake from the authorities along with the attention received? Life doesn't work that way, every action comes with an opposite, but not always equal, reaction.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I heard I can't believe that they planned all this. Its unbelievable what people will do to become famous. What is this world coming too. They could have caused so many other people to get hurt in the recovery of the balloon. Getting 911, police, FAA involved. I wonder what they were thinking. I guess they were not thinking!
@erikmama (12934)
Me either! It is so sad the lengths people will go to for fame and/or money. You never lie on your kids or do thing like this. It will eventually come back and bite you in the butt!! They could not have been thinking to hard when they plannes this. I bet know they wish they had!!
@spalladino (17927)
I was so glad to hear that charges will be filed against these two! This couple REALLY deserves to sit in a jail cell for a good amount of time after what they intentionally put so many people through. The entire thing was a publicity stunt in an effort to attract attention to their unique little family in the hopes of landing a reality tv contract. Did you know that they met in acting school in California? I feel sorry for Falcon...I'm sure they're blaming him, or he feels responsible for not keeping his lies straight. They should do extra time for what they've done to him emotionally. I heard that the local authorities are meeting with the FBI and the FAA to see if federal charges can be filed in addition to theirs. Throw the book at them. They wanted fame...now they've got it.
@erikmama (12934)
Yep, charges filed as they should be. Imagine the thoughts going through all of these people's heads thinking this was really happening to this child! It is not funny at all, nor a good "publicity stunt". Anyone else would face charges so I am gald they are to.