Trust & Respect

@erikmama (12929)
Are they earned or given?
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
I think trust and respect need to be earned and given. If I meet someone for the first time I give them trust and respect. I usually get it in return. However if they don't recipcate then they both my trust and respect for them.
@erikmama (12929)
I only give respect when you give it to me. I will trust you as long asd you do not give me a reson not to. Im with ya, you gotta give it to get it!
You know, it's interesting, but I think I'm the other way around. I treat everyone with respect until they give me a reason not to, but people have to earn my trust.
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
Thank you for the best response mark. Have a wonderful weekend!
@ybong007 (6658)
Its either way. There's always the first impression. There are people who don't look good as far as appearance are concerned but you learn to respect that person as you go along. On the other, there are those that have impact when it comes to first impressions but turn out to be a lot of wind later. Cheers!
@erikmama (12929)
First impression definatley means a lot. I am usually pretty good about a first impression,so I know i I like uyou or if I dont, or I know within a short period of time. I think we all deserve a bit of trust, to a point.
@ybong007 (6658)
Wow! I can't believe that this discussion is already a year old. It seems that we've come a long way already. Nice meeting you.
@amybrezik (2123)
I would say they kind of go hand in hand. It is very hard for me to respect someone who doesn't show me any respect. I would expect the same is true for someone else. If you want to earn someone's respect you need to give them the same amount of respect you want in return. Respect is not automatically given, you do have to earn it in order to deserve it.
@erikmama (12929)
I respect you until you give me a reason not to do so, or until I have been disrespected. What about trust?
@manong05 (5029)
I personally think that trust is earned and it doesn't grow overnight. It takes time. It is highly unlikely that people will trust someone whom they met in the streets once. Many fall victims of wicked people because they easily trust them. enjoy!
@erikmama (12929)
You are right, but should we not give a person some sort of trust? As far as the respect goes, it is very easy to tell when a person is being disrespectful and you will not get my respect !
I think that it's both. You have to earn it in order for it to be given. It msut be earned and be given otherwise you'd never ever have respect and trust from anybody.
@erikmama (12929)
I agree! It is hard to trust someone that you do not know, but at the same time you can not treat everyone as if they are a liar,etc.
It works in both way . When you give then as response you will earn. So giving the respect is good way to get the respect from the others.
@erikmama (12929)
Exactly!!i will not respect you if you are disrespecting me. i will trust you until I have a reson not to, but only to a point.
@doormouse (4619)
trust and respect definatly have to be earned