If you weren't getting paid here, would you still come to myLot?

Obviously we're not going to get rich on myLot, but certainly it's been pretty fun. The pay part is just a nice, little benefit for participating here. I originally came from Yahoo Answers. I had my share of fun there too, but in the end it got frustrating. Even with the "honor" of being top contributor or being at the top of the leaderboards, things seemed to get out of hand in the land of Yahoo Answers. I like that myLot is pretty straight forward and we can have real discussions here without worrying that we're "chatting" or violating some vague community guideline. Overall, I've been pretty happy that I discovered this place. How about you?
@wengerts (43)
I'm a new Mylot member. I came across Mylot as I was searching for online income opportunities. I have to admit that earning money is my primary objective for joining Mylot. In less than a week after joining, I didn't expect to learn about a "very important news" thru Mylot which will bring me & my family a promising and better life ahead. I'm very thankful that I found this site. This is where I saw real discussions from people across the globe. Even if there is no money involved, I'd still enjoy Mylotting!
Hi wengerts, glad to welcome you to mylot.com. I know you will enjoy this site tremendously just as I always have. Happy earnings as well.
Wow - well whatever was such life changing news, I'm glad you found it on myLot! You are much richer than any earnings you could make here for that one! I initially was curious about the money potential here too, but it's not about that now. I just love gabbing via writing, so it's a perfect playground for me. Yes, it's neat seeing different people around the world represented here. Keep on enjoying myLot!
@sheetalnr (590)
I would come to Mylot but it would be less frequent than i do visit now. Overall, it is fun to visit the site and brainstorm on various discussions.
Yes, I think the earnings do make it a motivating factor to come here. I haven't been here for regularly for a couple weeks as we just had a baby, but I am anxious to get back into the swing of things on myLot again. Certainly the low earnings I have for this particular month are making me go go go. It is fun, isn't it? It's fun jumping into all these discussions!
Yes, i do think it is fun and money is a motivator. Congratulations on becoming a parent to your new born baby.
Thank you so much! It's hard to juggle a preschooler, a new baby, and myLot - ha ha!! This place has been a good outlet!
@hhfj22 (5)
Exactly,In order to improve my English skills Icome here.futhermore I think I can make some friends here.I beleve that these friends can help me to improve my english.Of course mylot is best place to know different culture east and west.at the same time I can know the different view for same issues of all over the world,because different culture background.Iam very happy if you make friends with me.My email is peter.hou2028@yahoo.com.I am excited when I heard from you. I am chinese and I living in shanghai China.
Ni hao ma? That's great you can come to myLot to improve your English, as many others have also mentioned the same thing. Joining in on discussions is an effective way to do it too! I have also noticed there are people from all around the world here - and it's great to get everyone's different views on things. Hope all is well in Shanghai! Bao zhong!
Thank you for your information.your Chinese is very good .Have you been to China.When did you come Shanghai? Shanghai is very nice .Do you think so?2010 World Expo, you know,have hited Shanghai,and beter city,beter life is a slogan for all over the world.Hearty welcome if you can come here for 2010 World Expo.I believe the people whole world expect 2010 World Expo come earlier.
I learned Mandarin in college . . . I don't use it, so I don't remember a whole lot . . . but some things still remain in my head! My teacher was Taiwanese, so apparently I learned Mandarin in a Taiwanese accent - ha ha. I've never been to China - but would love to go . . . I can only wish I could make it to the 2010 World Expo. How exciting . . . will you be going there as you live in Shanghai?
@hexeduser22 (5854)
I would still be here even if I will not get paid but definitely the amount of time of dedication and the number of activities would surely reduce.
I guess the payout does give everyone a reason to continue at a good pace on myLot . . . it's a good motivating factor for sure! I just like to have fun discussing here . . . and I know if I continue to do so, we just get the earnings anyway. I don't count the activities here . . . I just enjoy and whatever comes to me I'm pretty happy with it.
That's a good mindset. If more lotters thinks like this then I'm sure mylot is much more livelier and enjoyable than it is today. I'm not saying mylot is not enjoyable today, all I'm saying is that mylot would greatly improved
That is true! And that makes all of us myLotters that much richer.
@aerous (13474)
Mylot community is really a good for everybody not only for the payment but most especially the knowledge that we pick here. Because as people sharing their experience, and you can share your basic knowledge them in whole that is making a great knowledge. The fun parts is that we can share, learn, and earn...have a nice day!
I agree! The fun part is sharing and learning . . . and earning along the way! I did come to myLot at first to see how much I could potentially earn, and now that I know, it doesn't really matter. I am glad to be particiapating in the many discussions that I do . . . and hey, to gain and spread some knowledge is great! There's something new everyday. Even under the earnings tab - hee hee.
@aerous (13474)
That what my perception then, but now I realize that there are more important than that. Because learning is such a great deal and priceless...have a great day!
@aulius111 (332)
Im not sure I would, the way I see mylot is an earning oppurtunity so I see learning new things, and finding answers to my questions and listening to other peoples opinions as sort of a bonus.
I guess myLot is an earning opportunity, but it is very little for the time and effort we spend here. I'm sure I can get more working at a job in a day than what I get here on myLot in a month! But currently I am not in a position to work. So, this has been a great place to be entertained . . . I really enjoy the discussions and the things people come up with. Money or not, it's a fun! place!
veyr true, it is fun.
@dpk262006 (56170)
Hi dear! I too joined mylot through Yahoo answers some three years ago. I casually asked a question over there about similar sites and somebody suggested about mylot. I joined mylot, could not understand its nitty-gritty in the beginning. However, once I got a feel of it and could comprehend how it works and how much fun is involved working here, I never looked back. You are very right, mylot is not going to make us rich and many of us are not here only for money. I would surely come to mylot, even if I am not paid here. It has been a wonderful and fascinating journey here on mylot, so far.
Ah yes, myLot has been a wonderful and fascinating journey - even during my somewhat short time here. Yahoo Answers had it's good moments, but I was just getting fed up there. I like that myLot was pretty similar to Yahoo Answers but just so much easier . . . and I could slip into it fairly easily. I love to gab (and you remember the chatting rules of Y!A which were so vague) but I don't have worries about stuff like that here. I haven't looked back either!! Keep on with our myLot journey and enjoy!
@dpk262006 (56170)
Hopefully, the journey will continue without any hinderance.
To be brutally frank, my answer is a Big NO. Of course, I do love mylot., it improves not only my English vocabulary but also my knowledge on a variety of subjects which I am interested in. But, without any incentive, maybe, just maybe I would not be as enthusiastic to come here as earlier.
It's ok to be brutally frank! The earnings are a big incentive . . . certainly I often think of it as a race to get to the minimum payout - so I write even more. But I am finding that I like discussing things on myLot for the sake of discussing - I enjoy it anyway. I guess if the earnings weren't there, I wouldn't feel as obligated to come as much as I do, but hopefully it will never happen anyway.
@gr8life (6253)
Hello much2say, I first came here when I heard that we can earn by participating in discussions here. It inspired me to earn online (thought it's easy at first...) But after a few times, I fell in love with this site. I managed to find a few good friends and I like the friendly environment here. If mylot stops paying one day, I will still drop by once awhile!
Yes, when I first came here I thought the very same thing. It's not easy to earn in the sense that it takes a while, but when you love discussing things with others, the writing just happens and before you know it you've made the payout anyway!! It's nice meeting folks here on myLot and chatting away!
@erikmama (12934)
Yes, i would still come on here if we did not get paid. i do not think it would be as much as i do know, but I would be back! I thinjk this is a really fun palce and most of the time there are some really interesting things to tlk about and on top of that reall nice people!!
The earning part of it does keep people motivated to come back as often as they do, I do admit that. I do like discussing things here . . . you can ask and respond to discussions many of the things we don't really talk about with our real life friends! I think I would continue on with myLot even if we weren't paid - and yes, but I don't know about the frequency though either.
I will come to mylot...cause i was get more thing better here. Thanks
That's good you would come back to myLot. I think you mean that you get better things here other than the earnings, is that what you meant? Hope you enjoy the discussions on this site!
I too had been enjoying mylot discussions and tasks. The earnings I get here is just an extra. In the discussions we can get new sites to where we might be interested to join. And yes, we can freely post discussions here.
Thank goodness for freedom of speech . . . yes, we can post most anything on myLot. I haven't done any tasks, but I am quite happy just with participating in the discussions. The earnings - eh - I can take it or leave it at this point - but hey, every cent helps!!
I would probably still visit for the discussions but I doubt I'll be posting any of my thoughts on the matter. I am a lurker at heart and being invisible is how I like my online experience. On previous forums that I've been in, I tend to post some when I'm new then peter out my activity until I become the lurker than I often am. This is troublesome when activity is the basis of earning but that's how I am and I can't shake it off yet. Even here in mylot where there is the incentive of payment, I tend to read discussions more than actually participate. I've been here a year already and still only have 300
Well thank you for coming out of lurkdom to respond to my discussion! So you like to read more than post input into discussions? That's ok . . . as long as you are doing what you are comfortable with. Just think . . . if you do participate more, you probably will have more earnings on this paying forum! But if you wish to be the mystery myLotter - that's cool as long as you are happy.
Surely, I came here to find answers from others about how I could make money online, but I have been procrastinating and I never can afford to have my computer running so many hours like I use to. I mainly would reply to others through discussions and collect a penny afterwards.
I may come to mylot but my not be that much frequently. Mostly as it is paying and we can even prticipate in discussions iam going offten.
Oh yes, I know the few cents are a motivating factor to keep us coming back! Still, I think I am having fun on myLot without having to count my pennies here . . . I just enjoy being entertained by the discussions and participating in them.
@RachelleNH (1408)
The pay is what originally brought me here and influences me to come back and without it...I still would. I love reading some of the topics and meeting people from all over the world.
Me, too. The fact that myLot paid for discussions brought me here too (a different bonus than what Yahoo Answers ever had to offer). So now I could discuss a variety of topics with others all around the world - and learn a thing or two! It's been addicting!
@fan_philo (231)
I actually came here to earn money but i got curious to see so many discussions and funny question trying to go through it and see what all is there in this????.
I started off that way too. I was curious about how much one could actually make here, but now that I basically know, I'm still more interested in the discussions on myLot! The earnings are definitely not of great importantance . . . surely one cannot make a living solely on this site. But hey, it's fun just to be here, eh?
@K46620 (1996)
I am hardly getting any money added to my account now, I did 40 posts awhile back and only got $0.08. MyLot is not paying enough for me to stay
Really? I am finding that if I do everything - posting discussions, responding to those to comment on my discussions, and responding to other people's discussions - the earnings keep coming. I don't count or keep track of what I'm doing, I just plug away on myLot until my time is up - and whatever happens - happens!. Sometimes I even feel silly for getting paid for the things I say, but hey, more power to us! I hope you will stay on myLot!
@ladym33 (11008)
I might still come eventually because it is fun, but I would not come regularly any more. My whole reason for being on line is earning, and I am just being honest. I do like being here though and I would check in from time to time to see how some of the people I interact with regularly on here are doing, but that would only be a couple of times a month.
Thank you for your honesty! It's always nice to make some kind of money, but for me, the earnings I make here wouldn't cut it to make a living! But I do enjoy coming here for all the discussions . . . it's a great outlet for me. And at this point it's been neat seeing all the familiar faces of the regulars on myLot - so I'd definitely keep coming back!
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Even if we weren't being paid, I would still come back to mylot. I do enjoy being on mylot and that is satisfactory enough. The money that I earn is more of a bonus to me than anything else. It is the fun being a part of discussions and the people that make me really want to come back.
I agree! I would come back to myLot even if weren't getting paid . . . the money part really isn't significant. It's nice to be recognized in a discussion, eh? It's fun getting to know many folks here via their responses and comments!!