Some toys can be so annoying!!

My youngest son's favorite toy is this tractor trailer truck. Unfortunatly the 2 pieces of it come apart very easily. It's meant to do that.. but the problem is it's so difficult for a young child to put the pieces back together. So he brings the toy to me to "fix it". Then he takes it to go play, and a minute later he's back with the pieces seperated again. I'm half debating super gluing them back together!! Is there a toy in your home that you're constantly putting back together?
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I've had a few toys like that over the years. And then there were the dolls. Why is it that the shoes and socks must come off? I have a collection of doll shoes and socks that I'm saving for when my kids don't want the dolls any more and then I'll put the whole thing back together and pass them on. With my luck we'll lose the dolls and 20 years from now I'll wonder what the heck all those shoes and socks are for!
@se7enthbird (8328)
har har har, i end up keeping the toy and will let him play that when he is old enough to put the toy together again and not asking help from me. i did that for he sometimes feels so frustrated that my son ends up angry to himself and crying. the asking help from is has no problem but the part were he gets frustrated makes me feel the same way.
What used to drive me NUTS were the Barbie clothes... I swear you need an engineering degree and a whole lot of practical magic to get some of those outfits to go on easily (yet the come off mighty quick at the hands of a child, I've noticed LOL). Oh and then you factor in all of the tiny little accessories related to whatever that particular Barbie's "job" was... yeesh. Much like the first response, I always had a collection of those little what's-its.
Oh yeah I remember that! The waist line on her clothes was so fricken slim you couldn't get it up over the hips or down below the chest!! Flippin aggravating!
LOL I don't have kids, and all of my step-kids are older than I am, so I don't have this problem, I never have, and unless the grandchildren all move up here, I probably won't either. :) It'd be great to see the grandkids, though. Give 'em all those annoying toys, and then give 'em to Mom and Dad to do all the hard work. tehehe
@mrfdg1972 (3238)
It was not the child's fault, maybe the next time you buy him a toy, examine it carefully. we always do a pre selection of toys before we buy it.