Christmas bonus

It is the ber month already and during these season, employees are always contemplating whether the companies that they are working for are going to give them bonuses. What is a bonus? In the Philippines, it is a monetary incentives given to employees based on the performance of the company itself. Depending on the money that the company is able to make, the management will declare a bonus based on the bottom profit. Companies as big as a telecommunications can give up to 22nd month pay. Some, just stick with the what the government has mandated and that is the 13th month pay. With us? I don't really know, it is up to the management if they want to declare a bonus. After all, our company may not have earned more than what we have expected, but at least it earned. Period. Unlike its past years, where in instead of profit, it is registering losses in the books. My point? Employees, are working their _sses off just to meet deadlines and quota. We just wish that our dedication and loyalty will be returned thru monetary incentives, because at this time of our economy what employees need are cash not plaque of appreciation.
@ybong007 (6657)
Bonus! what a sweet word. I've been looking forward to it since June LOL. I just hope that our management would be as giving as the previous years who never missed in giving its employees mid and year-end bonuses. In most cases, I think a plaque of appreciation should at least come with an incentive like a trip to Disneyland or Boracay or just a trip pass to enchanted kingdom. Or at least a pen with the company's logo to remind the employee of the company's appreciation. Cheers!
Good luck on your "bonus". I hope we all get what we deserve. But if the company says no bonus, then I have to be satisfied with just the 13th month pay.Cheers!