What is the Best Present/Gift for a 14 months Old Baby

@2wicelot (2948)
I would be traveling in a few weeks to visit a family. They had a child over a year ago. The child is now 14 months old. I have been thinking of what to get the child that would be meaningful and useful. So far I can't think of anything. I was thinking of getting some sort of toy but I am not sure what is suitable for a child that age. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
@Bloggership (1118)
What would be the best gift for a baby better than some pempers/dippers and toys?.. I guess you can choose between that... I've been thinking further, what else could be the best presents or gift for them... Hmmm... Perhaps more loves would be the best...
@2wicelot (2948)
These are all excellent ideas. I would have to get more than one gift. Probably for the baby and parents.
@buping (954)
hi friend, i never gave a gift to a 14 months old baby, but i like little babies. about the present, i think clothes would be ok. i like shopping, and the thing i like most to buy is clothes. if you give them clothes, the parents would be glad, and it will not cost you much, so i think it is the best gift to the baby.
@2wicelot (2948)
Now I think I would definitely consider clothes. I may get a toy too but I think I would get clothes too. Thanks.
I would recommend a couple of things. First of all, a gift for a baby that age is more of a gesture to the parents, not the child. I would get "BAby's First Bible" or go extremely practical and get a box of diapers and/ or Baby wipes. Or make up a "care package" of things mom & dad can use. For example: baby lotions, shampoos, body wash, etc... Mom & dad will love you for saving them money and baby will love to play w/ the bow you put on the gift bag!
@2wicelot (2948)
This is a brilliant suggestion. I should concentrate on getting something the parents would appreciate more. Good idea.
• Japan
would you rather prefer a toy? my all-time favorite gift for babies, toddlers, etc.. are clothes. clothes are well appreciate by the parents, and very useful too. just make sure you buy bigger sizes though. they can really use them.
@2wicelot (2948)
I have been thinking of clothes too. Especially the ones with cartoon characters and colurful designs. I think bigger sizes are better because the kids can still use them a little longer.
Hello, I'm a Candle Designer, and I wanted to design somthing for babies rooms etc, so I deided to design baby shoe candle tarts, they look like real baby shoes, but they are candle tarts, I think they make great gifts, because you never have to burn or light them, so that makes them total safe to put in the babies room, I also design them using 100% soybean wax, which makes them very safe and enviornmently friendly, if you want to take a look at them on my online store, just send me a private message here on Mylot. Happy My Lotting!
@2wicelot (2948)
I have never thought of that before. I guess I would have to think about it now. Thanks.
@JAG2009 (268)
What about a gift voucher that the parents can use in a popular kids store? The way I see it, the parents know best about what their kid wants/needs. So, if you give them a gift voucher, you are making it easy for them to pick up something that they have in mind; at the same time, you are making the gesture. That's what I usually do, and it seems to have worked ok so far. Good luck!
@2wicelot (2948)
This is a brilliant idea. This means there would not be a case of an unwanted gift because the parents get to choose the right stuff for the kid.
hio zwicelot hi again since all the other responses have pretty much covered the toys how about a set of records for babies specially that are programmed for education and are classic music by Mozart for toddlers that help them to develop, they tell me these really do help children to learn and are very soothing music too.
@2wicelot (2948)
I see. I would look for that especially since it helps sooth the child and also helps them to learn.
@irene3184 (900)
I think the suitable gift for 14 months baby is an educational toy like playing letters, sizes such as square, triangle, circle and others or a pictures and colors. Because in that kind of age, they are in the learning stage process.
@2wicelot (2948)
That is a good idea. I guess educational toys are the most suitable.
@lindiebiz (1013)
A toy is good but in my opinion an ideal present for a child that age is clothes it will be of benefit to the child and the parents will really appreciat it, you cn pick out clothes for 18 - 24 months so it does not end up being too small
@2wicelot (2948)
I was thinking clothes earlier especially the ones with the cartoon characters on them but I thought that would be for the parents to appreciate not the child. But I guess that is what I may have to buy. Nice idea.
@happy6162 (3011)
Maybe you could get him a toy that he can learn from like one that has different color button and makes different animal sound or plays different sound like a train whistle or car horn. You can also get a soft stuffed animal like a teddy bear or a dog. These are all suitable for a child that age.
@2wicelot (2948)
I think educational toys with lots of colours and sounds is an excellent choice. Thanks.
@eshaan (6193)
according to me toy is best...but you should be selective in toys also..nothing rough or sharp ..smooth to touch and something musical will be good...children learn to detect direction in this age...so trying to attract their attention...also something that will help them to walk more and make their legs strong will also be good..forgetting somethings..as my children have left that age far behind
@2wicelot (2948)
Excellent ideas. I think educational toys or soft toys or a baby stroller. I may decide on one or more of these.
@Buchi_bulla (8299)
Block building toy or any brain activity oriented toy will be Good for the child. It has to kindle the thought process of the child. Otherwise rocking horse, baby walker will be good.
@2wicelot (2948)
Educational toys is an excellent idea. I never thought of rocking horse and and the walker. These are really excellent ideas.
@rtslvtwy (1088)
I would think that some simple educational toys where it helps the 14 year old child to learn and grow in their senses such as colors and different types of shapes and sizes would be a great choice of a gift or present.
@2wicelot (2948)
Yes educational toys would be terrific. I never thought of that too.
If I had to give a gift or toy to a fourteen month old I would most certainly go for a 'soft toy'. My four year old son still loves his soft toy that he was given at more or less the same age and doesn't sleep without it. It is a teddy bear is very soft and he calls him "Maau" or Cat in our language. I think it would be a wonderful idea to give the child a soft toy that he can handle.
@2wicelot (2948)
I never thought of a teddy bear or a soft toy. I guess i would try to buy that.
@arthi_88 (1518)
Getting the game where they build or rather put together various pieces of small different shaped colour bricks is the one my 16 year ol cousin loves to play with..Though she can't put them together and enjoys chewing them to her hearts delight..Something that is colourful and will involve developing her sight and hearing is what will be a good idea..But be careful not to choose something that they may poke into their eyes or one that has parts they can swallow..You can give her the shirt which has different cartoon characters alighted in the front and glows when in dark..My cousin loves that..Hope you get the right thing and enjoy the kid's company..have a nice day!
@2wicelot (2948)
I think you meant 16 months old. lol. I think toys that involves building stuff is a great idea. I would try to find one that has large enough pieces so the baby does hurt itself. Thanks.
@mykmari_08 (2466)
Hi, friend. If I remember right, it's been quite some time since I last gave a toy to any toddler, simply because I don't have much very young nieces and nephews anymore. But years ago, I would love giving babies (either related to me or not) things which they are going to use; like new clothes, or feeding bottles. These would certainly be useful; however, the baby won't appreciate them very much at their early age. Rather, their parents would thank you and appreciate your gift more. Toys are really the best stuff to give babies of this (14 months) age for them to appreciate your gift. Further, I suggest that you choose educational ones like an educational book made of cloth. If I'm not mistaken, these types cost much than the ordinary books made of paper but these are safer for babies. Another toy is the shape sorter. I see lots of them abound in the local market. Just take caution because some parts may be too small to cause choking for babies. Or, some edges might be sharp that they'd hurt themselves when playing with them. Anyway, good luck to your upcoming trip, wherever it may be. God bless and regards!
@2wicelot (2948)
These are really excellent ideas. I think clothing would be good especially the ones that have cartoon characters on them but probably the baby wouldn't appreciate it as much as the parents would. Feeding bottle is an excellent idea too. I would probably choose that or some soft educational toys.