Why do people blast their music so loudly . . . are they deaf??

Ok, I know I've had my share of pumping up the volume with my favorite music, but it's never been THAT loud. Why do people have to turn up the music in their cars when they're on the road . . . or at parties where people can't even hear themselves speak? What is so appealing about damaging your ear drums like that?
@thezone (9452)
I have always been a rocker at heart and always turned the volume up to eleven I think some music is just designed to be played loud, I love nothing more than going to a live gig and have my eardrums nearly bleed. The day the music gets too loud will be the day I am too old
Well, rock on! I know I've been to some concerts and it actually hurt to have my eardrums be worked to the max . . . maybe it's a tolerance thing. I'm thinking it'll go the opposite way for people like you who love loud music . . . music will get less louder because your ears are going out!
@thezone (9452)
I will be rocking till the day I die and then some I like my music loud but I would never annoy other people with it though, as I do respect my neighbors, that is why I like live gigs so much as everyone there is there for the same reason. You have a good point there with the music getting quieter due to the ears not working as well but I will take my chances
That is true . . . there is a time and place for loud music - and concerts are one of them! How considerate of you - hee hee!
@dpk262006 (42606)
Hi dear! This is also my pet peeve and I also wonder why people play their music at high volume. I have experienced myself that if the volume is high enough, once cannot enjoy music for a longer period, on the other hand, if the volume is low and comfortable, once can listen to music for hours together. I think people want to show of about that music systems and want to tell others, "Look, I have such a music system, which can pierce my and your years.....LOL". I think people should be considerate and careful about others and they should realize it that others may not be comfortable or interested in the kind of music they are playing. Some of my neighbors are of this kind that they play loud music at odd hours and I sometimes request them to slow down the volume. May God give them some wisdom!!! An excellent post!
I agree that music at such a high volume cannot be enjoyed - in fact, it can cause a big head/ear ache! I don't understand why people have to show off their music systems . . . I mean, ok, so it has the capability of playing loud music . . . don't they all? I didn't realize it was such a contest! I've had neighbors that played their loud music at ridiculous hours of the night . . . and it was so loud that they didn't hear me knocking at the door!!! Now that's really bad! Thank you for your response!
@dpk262006 (42606)
Hi dear! You are right that people should think about others and people who behave like your or my neighbors should get to read this post of yours.
It use to be great to me too, BASS, now I am getting older it is like it is wearing my hearing down... My Husband is 5 years younger than I and still Loves it, so I enjoy the Boom Boom Loud with him... WHen we are Really old and are screaming right next to each other will you pass me the ... I know we can still say, we love each other and enjoyed making each other Happy.. It is Too Each To Own, Kinda like I am sure someone can ask you, WHY DO YOU DO THIS THIS WAY? Or WHY DO LIKE THIS OR THAT? I mean I try to look at it in the opinion that We are all Different, and have the Right to our Own Oppions.. I choose to respect others as much as I can tho.. Some don't sure, if we all did life would be better.. Kinda like when I smoked, someone sitting on a bench with no ciggerate, I am tired and wanna sit down, but take a second to ask, do you smoke, would it bother you for me to sit down? Anyway, Have a Blessed Day!!!
We may all be different, and to respect that is great. But when loud music is played in a place and time where it bothers other people, that's not showing respect to everyone. And these people who play loud music never ask us if it's ok that they play their music with the volumn cranked up . . . they go ahead and do it anyway. Hee hee - you and your husband sound like a cute couple . . . even if you love loud music - hee hee!
Thank you I am Very Blessed to have him, and Yes you are Right, Sadly at least 90% of people think of themselves. I think that % is harsh, I like to give more benefit of dought that more Respect others than 10%. Alot of people today are selfish, maybe it not be load music but something else that bothers someone. I know what you mean tho on those people that don't ask, "JUST BLAST" We was in the McDonald pickup line and someone in front of us was doing this. We was like what makes them think they are "Cool?" to do this?? Not only the Bump Bump Explicit words, we listen to them too, but to Respect Others we don't Blare it in front of others that don't like it or that we can't stop and ask. As you said you that is stopped at a stop light. You have a WONDERFUL DAY... Thank you for writing me back..
I love to listen to loud music myself, and no it's not because I'm deaf. I like to listen to loud music because the volume adds dymonics to the songs. Plus, I also like to play live music. I like to feel the music, the bass pounding, the drums booming, the guitar blaring, the vocals. Hearing it loud gets me hyped up, and I like the rush I get from jamming out. When it comes to people blaring out loud music in their cars, in my own opion it's because they're attention seeking. When they come rolling down the street they want people to see them coming. Let it be known that they're on the scene. I've been in people's cars where it didn't even sound good, the bass was too high, couldn't even hear what the vocals were saying. Overall, loud gets the attention of others.
I'm sure you're not deaf - yet - hee hee. I was actually in a band once, so I can understand the rush you are talking about when you're jamming . . . but I don't think I ever liked it super loud. Yes, the drivers with crazy loud music in their cars are ridiculous . . . it does seem like they're asking for attention. It's funny when all we can hear is their bass and feel the vibrations . . . what could their ears benefit from that noise?
Their ears benafit nothing, it's their egos that benafit. If they ain't got no game they use their car, simple. Thx 4 respondin', happy mylottin'!!!
They do it for attention. Simple enough. Only thing is they usually end up attracting the wrong kind of attention when someone calls the cops on them for exceeding the noise limit. There is a noise limit in every city that people have to abide by. Problems occur when there are parties where others are just "visiting" so they really don't care if they act like jerks because they'll be gone the next day. Usually these people are unemployed and still living with their parents well into their 40s. They're usually single and have very bad hygiene. I've met a lot of these people personally and they are a sorry excuse for a human being. When they have to pay the electrical bill the next day then maybe they'll reconsider their actions. Until then people are going to keep calling the cops on them.
Ha ha - too funny (well not really when you're the victim of their loud noise!). Yep, some people don't seem to give a darn about other people's ears - makes me so livid sometimes! Maybe with the bad hygiene, grime has been building up in their ears - so they can't hear anything - thus the loud music - ha ha!
@lindiebiz (1014)
Its just to show off and until we start seeing the negative effect on people, its going to continue
But it's already having a negative effect on people! People don't want to hear loud music - especially if it's not at an appropriate time or place . . . like on the road when people are supposed to focus on driving or in the middle of the night when people are trying to sleep. I'm sure it will continue . . .
@Bluepatch (2482)
• Trinidad And Tobago
They are trying to fill their minds. It can be the only explanation. When somebody wants to fill themselves up with something it has to overwhelm them. So they play the music as loudly as possible so their whole beings can be filled.
I think I know what you mean. It's as if these people need to turn up the volumn up on their music so loud that they want to tune out life. That's fine if they can close the doors and do it in their own room - but why do it in a car on the road? I wonder if these people go through withdrawal symptoms when they turn the music off!
@shadow41 (2356)
Hi there. I can't exactly tell why are they like that. There are lots of possibilities. Maybe they have attention deficit disorder that's why they increase their music volume to the roof. They want to catch attention of others. Or maybe they're already deaf and can't hear properly. Or maybe they're just inconsiderate and selfish people who only thinks of themselves alone. I hate inconsiderate people. But the way they can be reported or filed a complaint in case you don't know. Noise pollution. That will be their case. Happy earning to you. :) shadow41
Noise pollution - that is exactly it. The reason for loud music is probably a bit of all of what you listed . . . but bottom line is they'll probably keep on playing their music loud regardless! I actually have called the cops on neighbors when their music got way too loud at night when we're all trying to sleep . . . but we can only do that after a certain time at night.
ye,that's too bad if someone pumps up the volume totally ignoring your feeling.haha ~I just stopped my roomate's doing that stupid thing .of'course she is a good girl,she said "Sorry.I'm too involved my favorite song." so simetims maybe it's just other's lapsus,try to tell them your feeling so you can earn back your own peaceful surrouding
It's just too bad people cannot be considerate of others in the first place. If people want to damage their own ears - they should do it in a place where it does not disturb others. Well, sometimes it's hard telling people your feelings . . . particularly if they can't hear you because of the loud music!
we have different way of expressing how much we appreciate the music we love and some wanted to share it on the same way to the others.. they're not thinking that some are not in favor of what they do.we often get blinded what might other people say or comment for what we do.maybe they wanted to feel that they're watching live concert.
I can understand wanting to feel like you're at a concert - but not everyone (especially those who weren't given the choice) wants to be at THAT concert! Sure that's their way of expressing their love for the music, but they must not care for the health of their ears . . . give them a few years and they won't be able to hear any music at all!
@zzyw87 (1261)
Yes. I totally agree with you. I hate loud music. I get so annoyed if I hear super loud music playing. For me, music is to be soothing and enjoyable. I don't get how loud music can be soothing and enjoyable to some people. I feel people who play super loud music in their cars are arrogant. I just have this impression of them. Yes, there really is nothing whatsoever so appealing as to damage the eardrums. What music is worth that?
I especially hate loud music if it's music I don't like - hee hee. But seriously, it is annoying when someone else's music is ridiculously loud. I don't know how drivers can focus on driving with boom boom boom going on in their cars. That is true, no music is worth getting deaf over (at least I would think) because one day these people are going to hear NOTHING at all!
@reneezoso (393)
well oh well ... dis is one of ma favourite question ... people usually love gettin the feel of the usic...which is only achieved hearin it loud and powerful bass ... i love playin ma Speakers at full volume and keep up the tempo HIGH ... cheers \m/
I can understand loving the feel of music . . . but must the music be so loud that it's deafening? Does it not scare people that one day they may not hear any music because of the damage they caused their ears in the past? Do you hear me? Hee hee.
@GaryJoule (216)
I think when people pump up the volume, they just want to get immersed in music, forget all the life stuff and relieve themselvies completely. Indeed I don't like to pump up the music too loud and being damaged on my ear drums. If the music is pumped up too loud, it'll become noise, that's really annoying.
@jugsjugs (13047)
I have been thinking along those lines todo with the boy racers in their cars with the music up so loud you can hear the music rather than the car coming down the road.Also people in their houses with the music up loud.I do not see the point in them doing that as i am sure it must do some damage to their ears in the end and lets face it all you can hear is the bass going boom boom boom.
Yah, that's true. BOOM BOOM BOOM! I particularly don't like it when it's the car next to me on the street . . . I can literally feel the boom boom boom and this is with all windows closed! It drives me nuts if people are doing it in the houses late at night - that's not being considerate to their neighbors at all!! One day they will go deaf and hear nothing!
@icecubic (1851)
I think they were fell enjoy if their favourites music is played loudly. For some people it can makes relax when drive a car, and at the party just for having fun. Maybe it can make their ears disturbed if they did it regularly. Happy mylotting
Oh, I'm sure they enjoy music when it's played loudly. Maybe it's relaxing to them because of the sound makes their entire body vibrate - almost like a massage - ha ha. And maybe it's fun at a party so they don't have to engage in conversations - no one can hear each other!! I have no doubt they're messing up their ears if they are doing it regularly!
@megumiart (3783)
Some people just enjoy music better that way. When its loud, you can physically feel the music! xD Or maybe people want to show off, or even pretend they're at a concert.
That is true! When the music is super loud, the vibration from it makes your body bounce around on it's own - hee hee. Yah, it could be like being at a live music event . . . I know I've been to concerts near the speakers where it's super loud. But I got ringing in my ears afterwards . . . I hated that part!
• Brazil
I don't know.. Maybe some people relate loud music to fun.. maybe they just fell exciting listening to music in a high volume.. Maybe it make then fell better (specially if they are drunk on a party) They have their reasons. I don't like to listening music loud. Lets wait for their comments.