What was the last internet "gem" you discovered?

@jazzsue58 (2672)
I had to share this, as it's a great resource for anyone who, like me, writes internet copy for a living. I'm not even sure how I managed to google it up, but I was given the task of writing some articles for the petrochem industry (of which I understand, and know, nada) and got this link: (it's not a promo or adsense gimmick, as you'll see) http://www.accessmylibrary.com The great thing is, accessmylibrary.com sources articles from print journals, books, magazines etc, rather than the net - meaning you've got original resources to call on, rather than Wiki mash-ups. I've bm'ed the link. It'll be my bible from now on! So - have you ever stumbled across a really helpful "gem" on the 'net? A PTC site, surveys, info etc? Prior to this latest find, my last one was MyLot!
@khayshenz (1387)
Ahhh - thanks for sharing. Though I don't write for a living (well technical reports), I do wanna get into it slowly. I wouldn't wanna do it full time - but would love to do it part time. Anyways - I've used wikipedia in the past. Though sometimes their sources (or lack thereof) are questionable. Again, thank you for sharing such a gem. P.S. To answer your question, no. I haven't found gem like that. I might have in my college days (a few years back) but I don't remember them anymore. Thanks again!
@jazzsue58 (2672)
Thanks for the reply. I reckon anyone who can write technical articles is write (pun intended) up there with the Gods. I'm a jack of all trades, master of none - I rely on you experts for my knowledge.
@psycospaz (320)
This site is absolutely amazing!! I love it. And I wish I would have known about it in college!!! It is now booked marked for me as well. I can't say that I've found any gem lately, I've come across a lot of bombs and scams but no gems. :( Thank you again for sharing this though!
@jazzsue58 (2672)
Thanks - glad I could help! God knows how I found it - because it hasn't turned up on any searches again - but I just used it to help with, of all things, a printing company in Glasgow.
@littleowl (7157)
Hi jazzsue, the only place I found by accident when I first started on the net was wikipedia, it is so full of information as you must know often I use it to find out things otherwise I may never of found in a book or the library...LoLo
@jazzsue58 (2672)
Wikipedia is brilliant, isn't it? The amazing thing is, unlike me -who gets all her info from them - they have to come up with original content themselves! I can't believe people do it for nothing - especially when I see "This article may need ..." blah-blah from the mods. Damned if I'd bother. Not that I've got much to write about. Messy teenage bedrooms, maybe ... Hang on ... I was right! MyLot isn't in Wikipedia yet!! Come on, YouLot, let's make this a concerted effort!!!