The choice between two evils...

I left my home three years ago because my front-door neighbor had made my daily existence difficult. She would say all the nasty things about me like how unfriendly I was towards her. She would even concoct tales about something that I said or did. I am not the type to get out into the street to gossip. But she would water her plants and sweep the street even at 12 noon just so she could stop passers-by and talk about the mean me! Now I am rehabilitating my home so I could put it in the market. Then I learned from a fellow homeowner that she wanted to befriend me. Gosh! I wouldn't. Not in this life or the next. I know I am being bad. But I'd rather be bad than be a friend to her.
• Boston, Massachusetts
The nerve... to befriend you! Well, it's really your call if you will allow her to be your friend. I understand we're your coming from for saying that you'd rather be bad than befriending her. In time if you'll see efforts on her side and see that she's really sincere of offering friendship with you --maybe you can give it a try. I know you have a good-natured character and drama like this one will not break you. Take this as an opportunity to become a better person and a training ground in handling difficult people. Goodluck! Keep us posted with any development as far as your interaction or "friendship" with her is concerned.
Loving God is so easy. But loving thy neighbor! That will keep me away from heaven. But you are right. Conscience, conscience. If I am not afraid of eternal damnation, what care I? So, I will have to humble myself and choose the path you are telling me. But I will not do it today. Not tomorrow either. Maybe day after tomorrow. Sigh!
• Boston, Massachusetts
Good that you are open to this idea. I know if it's meant to be it will come--in HIS time! Just keep your cool and stay sweet!
Yes. He makes all things beautiful in His time. Thank you.
@lyzabelle (1669)
There's something wrong with your neighbor. I think she has an attitude problem. or maybe she was just jealous of you...for whatever reason she only understand. But don't put yourself in her level. You are much better than her.
This is just about the most exact assessment I thought about my neighbor. I just didn't put them into words. Your terminologies are most apt. Now I feel better that somebody spelled it for me. Thanks.
@manong05 (5030)
I understand your situation. I did have neighbors like that too in the past but we ended up good friends eventually. The idea of living didn't cross my mind and I told myself, what guarantee do I have that in the new place I go, the neighbors will be better than him. Who knows, they are only the insecure types, wanting to get attention. This is more of a generalization for I don't exactly know the details of the situation you are in. You are in the best position to decide and after giving it much thoughts and you think that's the best move, the go for it. cheers!
A few years back, when my children were still little, she accused them of playing with her plastic bottles in the garbage bin. My daughters? Play with garbage? And then she threatened to eradicate my children because of plastic water containers. Nuts! That is why I had to change residence. But hey, you read me well. Thanks for being so understanding!