The baby lives, the baby lives, the baby lives....

Just keep telling yourself that while you watch this video, I have to..and it still doesn't help! Everytime I watch this I get a sick feeling! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVeirSX-JGE Now, I'll be the first one to jump in and get mad at a stupid parent when a child is hurt or killed because of their actions...but I just don't think this is one of those situations. The mother looked away for a SECOND too pull up her pants! Come on, defeniatly not worth going into the stupid parent category!
@suspenseful (40316)
Why was not there an upward slope so the carriage would roll backwards instead of forwards? I did time the video and it was just a moment so the mother was not stupid. I do not have sound on my computer, so I could see the mother was not at fault. She probably assumed as I would have that the platform was designed so that it was hard to push anyone onto the tracks and there would have been lots of talk if her pants did fall down. Yes, I can also imagine the murderers who see this You tube and the news, design that this is a good way of pushing their victims on the track and making it look like an accident. Thank goodness the baby was all right.
Yeah I don't know why the platform would be tilted towards the track!!! The mother almost got hit by the train herself tryin in a seemingly futile attempt to save her baby! That's how much she loves her baby and I really hope she doesn't get any crap from the public, I know the police already decided not to charge her.
@suspenseful (40316)
I am sure there was a camera that recorded everything and the mother had a witness. I do wonder whether they could also roughen the platform surface that also put fences or barriers except where the trains load but I guess although the rough surface would be feasible, the barriers would not. I am glad the mother was not charged. She had no idea that the platform was slopping towards the tracks. And I do hope there is an investigation and the subway is made to rectify the situation.
Actually having some kind of barrier is a really good idea!! It doesn't have to be a gate or anything...it could be like, a 2 inch tall wooden thing about a foot away from the track. That way if another stroller or something else started rolling it would hit that.
@4mymak (1796)
my heart stopped when i saw the train coming...
My heart stopped when the stroller fell lol. And it stops every time I watch the video! I can't even imagine what was going through that poor moms head!
@DavidReedy (2411)
I agree. This is one of those moments...you can say that both "stuff" (or insert expletive of choice here) happens, or miracles happen. either way. dr...
omg I defeniatly think this was a miracle! Even if the train didn't run over the baby...how did he survive getting dragged so far, especially with just a bump on the head! My goodness!! *But yay!!!! lol
@millertime (1398)
The first time I saw this video, I was cringing when I saw the stroller rolling toward the dropoff and the tracks. Then when the train came into view, I think my heart skipped a beat. I just kept telling myself that they wouldn't show it if the baby got badly hurt or killed. Then they said that it wasn't hurt at all and I breathed a sigh of relief but the visual of that train coming into view and going over that child was just so graphic and shocking. Of course, TV news loves that sort of thing... I was just glad that the baby was ok. I felt sorry for the mom, I think she had to be hospitalized but I'm sure she's recovered now. I bet she won't ever let go of that stroller again!
Yeah I cringe everytime I see it, I hold my breath too! lol. Yes, in another video it did show the mom being brought into the hospital on a stretcher, but I think she and the baby were both release that day. The baby only had a bump on his head!!! omg I hope I'm as lucky as that woman!
hello Lily, Nope, this is the real thing and not that darn balloon stunt that i've seen in CNN. who would be traumatized for what happened, she should have let the other passengers get hold of the baby, while she..you know fixed her jeans uptight. that was some bloody miracle, she should be thanking GOD now.not everyday such thing like happens.
Well if she knew that the stroller would move I'm sure she would have had someone grab it, but she had no idea!! I'm kind of curious about the blonde woman to the mom's left...it looks like she see's the thing moving right away and doesn't react! Slow reflexes?? I have slow reflexes and I think I would be like a bullet if I saw that!
@Thoroughrob (11756)
That is so horrid!! I cannot imagine being there or seeing that. I sure don't know how that baby survived. That poor driver too, he will have nightmares for a while, I am sure. I am glad there was a happy ending though.
I know!!! I don't know if it was the video I linked here, but on one that I watched it said the driver was undergoing cousling!! If I had been any of those three women that tried to grab it, I would have just passed out right there! Notice how one of the women runs into the building....you think she went in there screaming? I would have!
What kind of a person would need to hitch up their pants in public? Shoudln't her pants have been hitched up before she got onto the platform?
I don't think they meant her pants were off or undone at any point--I just think they were baggy on her and she needed to fix them. Happens to a lot of people. lol