Are you ready for winter?

We got our first snow yesterday. If melted the minute it hit the ground, but it still took me by surprise. I was driving home from work, wearing only a thin jacket, and high heeled shoes. I was not prepared for the snow. So I'm wondering, are you ready for winter? Do you have your boots and scarf ready? Is your shovel handy?
@Trensue (5247)
It doesn't matter if I am prepared ~ it is right out the door. We are experiencing our 3rd big snow of the season and I think this time it is here to stay. I will go to storage today and trade out cool for warm and try and enjoy a whole new season. At least it has holidays and skiing.
@Ravenladyj (22940)
OH hell no..you keep that snow out your way thank you very much...LOL...Even though i'm from the Great White North (Canada) and still live in a snowy area (Western NY) I am NEVER ready for winter LOL not mentally at least..I can't stand the cold and snow....As far as being ready with the generator, winter clothes, snow blower etc etc yea we're just about ready....
@killersss (639)
well, yes i am ready for winters, i was waiting for it for so many days it's now finally arriving. i love winter season, i don't like the hot season in which i sweat and get dirty, i like only the winter season. and i am eagerly waiting for it, hope it comes soon. yes i have my boots and scarf ready for it. :)
@jugsjugs (13045)
Our winters are rather mild to other places,even though they shut the school as soon as the snow show up.We have made sure that all our heating works,which is one of the first thing we do.All of the summer clothes have been put away and the warmer ones have come out.
@Sreekala (22026)
Hi Gogirl, Winter is yet to set here (autumn is going on) now the temperature is down and most of the people caught with flu and fever due to the change of climate. If the winter comes then also we don’t get snow fall here. The minimum temperature must be 2 or 1 not less than that. Very rarely we get zero temperatures and once we got it and people really enjoyed the snow in some places. It is time to pull back the winter cloths. Yes, we are getting ready for the winter.
@sblossom (2170)
just your topic already made me feel cold. yesterday i just complain the cold autumn rain in the UK to my friends, now I know you already have first snow. it seems I should not complain. I don't like winter. I'm from a very cold place of China originally. I have had many years in very cold winters. so now I like summer very much. I don't see I can have any exciting thing in winter here. I just want to work hard to make more money. When the summer comes back I can afford to travel, as well as buy beautiful clothes. By the way I already decide not buy any cloth for winter, just save the moeny for summer shopping. take care and enjoy your early winter.