I've only got myself to blame

I didn't listen to the smart voice in my head (hard to distinguish, it gets quite busy in there!) I should have listened to my own instincts, I didn't, I ignored them and I got hurt. Partly their fault but mostly my fault, I feel really stupid, mainly because that person tricked me. Now I have blocked them from contacting me, they called me "rude" and "hurtful". Perhaps I over reacted by blocking them, but I stand by my decision. When was the last time you got tricked? Did you ignore the voice inside your head that was telling you to THINK? Do you ever listen to that voice?
@catdla1 (6005)
There may be a 'There's a sucker born every minute' (orig coined by P.T. Barnum), but I'm way ahead of you in line. I ignore that voice in my head too much, so I'm always getting zinged. And that brings to mind another old quote: 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me'. You did right by blocking them, you are protecting yourself. You can always unblock them at a later date if you have a change of heart.
I thought about the 2nd one too! Nah, I don't think they would want to talk to me, plus I need to have the courage of my convictions, I made the decision and I stick by it, I have to.