We've got the pictures back...

@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Well we got the pictures back on Thursday as we had taken them up the Friday before. Well, Let me tell ya most of that weren't of us were of my mom's side of the family, so you can guess who had the cameras most of the time, yep, my side. My FIL's side is small, and given that, not all of the people from his side came, My MIL's side is a bit bigger, but even so only three came... My Dad's side is small as well, and given that only two people besides my father came. Out of all of that, my mom's side had the most people in attendance... and so we got more pictures of them... which my husband and I both feel is biased, and think is crap! We did get some good pictures of us, though some of them were taken after the wedding was over with, and we were back at home the next day! The pictures that I thought were the best was my husband and I in our Jommers with the dogs. We got some with our great grandmother, and some with our friends, but these were after the wedding... So has anyone else developed film from a big occasion like this and found that most of the pictures were taken of one side of the family, or one person? There was even a picture of my husband's grandpa and my uncle from behind! We have no idea who took that one though.
@hellcowboy (7383)
I was so happy when we got our pictures back,and yeah it seemed like your mothers side was the majority there and the rest for the minority,and it was so segregated and it is not fair that there was so many pictures of your mothers side of the family and there was almost as many of them as there were of us and it was our wedding,and it was hilarious having a picture of Bill and your uncle from behind and I think someone was looking at their butts lol,and I think we still got enough good pictures we can make a nice wedding album to show our kids one day,and I still wonder who stole the other camera and if we will ever see it again,I love you.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I am glad you were happy when we got the pictures back, I know I was also very happy. Though I did not like that their were more pictures of my side then there were of yours, even though there weren't many pictures of my dad... and we didn't get none of us with my mom though we did take a few. The Camera will show up eventually, like you've said. I love you.
All we can do is hope that whoever took the camera feels guilty of messes up and we find out the truth,I love you.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I can relate to this one. I had arranged my first grandchild's Baptism. At my son's request I had done the arranged with the Church, bought the dress and organised the reception afterwards. My GD's mother had agreed and was glad that I was doing the arrangement. so the big day comes and she has not chosen anybody from our side f th family to be a godparent but that was o.k. During the ceremony there was a video taken and o seeing it my side of the family were excluded. The photographs take out side of th Church were with th mother's family only. I just stood there feeling stupid. At the reception I asked my son if I could have just one photograph of me holding my GD and he came back very shamefaced and said there were no film in the camera. This all mzxe me sad but I kept quiet and did not complain even when they showed the video and none of our family were in it. She threw my son out of the house 4 years later as she had met someone else. My son left for the U.K. where he met the lady that he married and had the twins with.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I feel bad for not having many pictures of the family that was there on my husband's side and on my dad's side of the family... I'd really feel bad watching a video tape of it and not seeing any of his side! Luckily or cameraman was unbiased! lol! I'm sorry that you weren't included in any of the pictures, I would definitely have wanted someone to run out and get a camera or film, it makes me think the mother of your first granddaughter didn't want pictures of your family taken! Though she wanted you to arrange it, so I don't know. I'm sorry that your son was thrown out by this woman, do you still get to see the grandchild, does he get to see his daughter? But hey, you have the twin grandbabies, and I'm sure a better DIL (though that sounds terrible).
@JenInTN (27564)
I can't wait to see a few photos of you and your husband. I hop he's not offended because your family took a lot of pictures of ther own. They may have not even really thought about it. I think it's kind of normal for a person with a camera to take pictures of the people that are important to them. I do wish your hubbys people had had a camera to though. You could have gotten a good mixture then. At least there were some great ones of you two. I hope you post us one. Take care.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
My husband's family did have a camera. Technically, my husband's family took only one table, and then two of his family members were at another. They had a camera on their tables, and then there was one on my dad's side of the family's table, as well as on one my mom's side... Even so, I got one picture of my dad's mom, and there was like maybe four or five of my husband's side, excluding pictures of his mom and dad as we got plenty of those!