The Laglen Bill - A better Health care option

@laglen (19779)
HSA - Health Savings Account I see two option with this - On both you would be able to transfer your savings to somebody else. Our papa government can fill our account in January, you use what you need then at the end of the year, you can either cash out and put your balance into social security or carry over. A lot of people do not have health problems and so would not use little if any. Other people have problems like MS, Cancer, and the list goes on. They would have their accounts and their spouses and other family members can transfer into their account. I believe that if you have a certain amount per year, you will be more frugal, and you will pay attention to waste! Two problems, one solution!
@dlr297 (5418)
How much do you propose to put into this account each year...... My husband fell down a few years ago and broke his elbow...That was emergency care, X-Rays, Medication.....Ect Ect That few hours spent at the hospital cost about a thousand dollars. I have know him since i was 13..about 40 years and that is the first time he has ever been to a doctor. I have always been healthy and very rarely get sick but one day i started to have chest pains...called rescue,,,,Emergency room,,,3 days of tests, and having to spend 4 nights at the hospital, one in intensive care. The results were that i was very low of magnesium, and potassium. Never did find out why. But this little trip cost about 20 Grand........ The doctors new this 5 minutes after i was their. and they gave me some to bring my levels up.and all the tests that they ran came back good. Who do you think will be more frugal the people that are sick, or the doctors receiving the money for their services. The doctors are the ones that are wasteful with our money, ordering tests that are not needed, or a number of other things. So how is this going to solve the problems.....
@laglen (19779)
I would take the number of money spent on healthcare now, divide it by the number of CITIZENS, and there would be your number. You proved my plan in this statement - about 40 years and that is the first time he has ever been to a doctor. I have always been healthy - if he can roll this money over, he would never have to worry. I would say a sizable amount would be in these accounts. This would have covered you as well. If you put competition in this, any body can see any doctor, then they also would be more frugal. I agree they run more tests than they need to, you would fix this with TORTE reform. Also, say they can't run anything you don't approve.
@laglen (19779)
I agree and that is why we need the Tort Reform.
@laglen (19779)
I think the idea is to stop defensive medicine. Maybe we could come up with a happy medium?
@sierras236 (2740)
Do you have a link for this? I would be interested in reading more about this. Sounds like a better use of money than the current bills out there.
@laglen (19779)
Thank you but it was my own idea. Vote for me!
Hehe, I didn't even notice that. I was hoping that a Senator had finally introduced something that actually made sense.
@laglen (19779)
thats cute! lololol
@spalladino (17923)
Not a bad idea but you're going to have to load up those accounts and where's the money going to come from? One heart attack, followed by testing, a failed angioplasty (the balloon treatment), followed by triple bypass suregery is going to cost close to $100k. There's no way to predict who this will happen to. My husband was only 56 when it happened to him. What happens if you go over your allotment? If you want me to vote for you, you've got to have all of the answers.
@spalladino (17923)
By the way, my granddaughter with Type 1 diabetes uses a lot of medical resources, too, as she has other conditions that have been caused by the diabetes.
@laglen (19779)
I would look at what we are already shelling out in healthcare and divide it by the amount of CITIZENS