More States stepping up

@laglen (19782)
Tennessee is boycotting the Federal Government for usurping state sovereignty. They are urging other states to jump on the wagon. http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113606 Check out this site too! http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/ Very interesting reading. I know a lot of people here believe in state sovereignty. My question is to those who don't - WTF?
@matersfish (6311)
My biggest (or least, depending how you look at it) hope would be that, if the federal government were to intrude on all states any further, at least they'd have the basic common sense to use WORKING policies and maybe use Texas instead of Cali as an example. What I can't get over are all the many millions of people in America who feel that it's this government's job to step in and take control of EVERYTHING.
@laglen (19782)
Yes and this last election it seemed to me to be more so. That could be me but thats what I noticed.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
So ever more forward the movement marches. this is the first set of teeth put in to the movement started over a decade ago. So may states have already either considered or passed such resolutions, but untill now, very few have done anything with them. this would be a first real meaningfull step towards giving these resolutions genuine weight and acting on them. It is going to be interesting to see what the Feddy's reaction will be. It's still going to be along hard fight folks but this is a first shot fired over the bow.
@laglen (19782)
I agree and we have to start somewhere.
@coolcoder (2020)
Thank you, Tennessee! I hope that the vast majority of the other states follow your example and boycott the Feds. They have no right to usurp state sovereignty, no matter what the clown in the White House wants. I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if states started the process of seceding from the Union. I've heard that Texas was thinking about it, and if they actually do, then my happy rear end is going to live over there.
@laglen (19782)
The Texas governor talked about it but was shot down. However, a lot of states have declared their sovereignty including my own - Colorado. But to be perfectly honest, this doesnt mean a whole lot. Our states are caught by the short and curlies with funding from the feds. We have to take them down to get anywhere.
WND, enough said!!
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
no, not really enough said. So could you elaborate on what WND got wrong or mis-reported in the article? What things did they make up? What facts did they get wrong and why are they wrong?
X, they have the credability of something that Cheney says. I wouldn't believe anything that they would print. It is the republicans version of the Huffingtonpost.com.