wicked step mom

@Trensue (5265)
I guess I thought when the child turned 30 I would stop being the wicket stepmother _ I was wrong. He called today and needs $2500 because he was driving his bullet bike 120 miles an hour through town. The answer was "It sounds to me like you have a problem. I have no money to send you so I wish you well finding another solution." I can not write the response I was given. Oh well.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey Trensue! Don't worry about it! You are not the wicked stepmother! You gave the right response! It was his fault and he needs to pay the ticket! How dare he try to blame you and make it seem like it is your problem! Who asked him to drive 120 miles an hour in the first place? He's lucky he didn't kill himself or anyone else! I can just imagine he response he gave you and why didn't his father take the call?
@Trensue (5265)
He called on my cell - I assume he thinks I control the purse strings. In fact - I don't think I have told my husband yet. Better do that.
@mommaj (22773)
Hi trensue! Wicked step mom? No way! I think you are teaching him a life lesson he obviously hasn't learned at 30 years old. I think it's called responsibility. He needs to be a little responsible for his own actions and he better thank his lucky stars he is still alive and no one else is hurt. Sorry for saying this, but he's an idiot! I wouldn't even admit to my stepmom let alone my dad, that I did such a stupid thing and am in jail for it! He needed a wake up call and you are not responsible for him. You are a good step mom for not giving him the money.
@Trensue (5265)
I can't believe he told me. We had issues when he bought the bike. But his money. This is the same one that - oh never mind - he is just not a grown up
@mommaj (22773)
He must not think too badly of you, if he is asking you for money when he knows you didn't like the idea of a bike. WOW, he is childish! Maybe he somehow thought you would feel bad for him. Good luck with that.
@devref (240)
stepchild or not at that age they should know better.at that speed he deserves to be locked up.dangerous reckless to both himself and others a few shifts locked away might just do the trick dont you dare feel any guilt for saying no even if you had the money
@Trensue (5265)
Thank you for your support. I appreciate it.
@laglen (19783)
lol oh well. Maybe when he grows up?
@Trensue (5265)
You are right - I am not holding my breathe!
@Canellita (12059)
At 30 years old this is HIS problem, not yours. He will get over it.
@jesssp (2743)
Definitely sounds like someone needs to grow up. Oh well is right. This kid can take a long walk off a short pier, I can't believe he would even expect you to bail him out over something like this. What does his father say?
@Polly1 (12650)
You never stop being a mom, doesn't matter if your a step mom or not. Kids, big and little, think moms can just fix everything. Got a problem, call mom, she knows the answer. I have had to tell my 30 year old son, "its not my problem" figure it out, deal with it. What the heck, where are they when we need something, not helping us...
hi trensue good for you, a thirty year old needs to leanr to pay attention to the speed laws and also that mom will not bail him out for the rest of his life. I am sorry he responded like I am sure he did, and turned the air blue I imagine.Sometimes our grown kids seem to think that we will always have a magic wand and produce any amount of money no matter how big it gets. I have never been a step mother but I have bailed my adult son out of rent problems a few times but there since I no longer worked I felt it was only fair that I help him as we did share an apartment. Here in Ca the rents are so high usually two or more people have to work just to pay the damned rent. I hope your son grows up completely now and you both have a peaceful time again.
typo alert should be "needs to learn to pay attention...