What song would you love your favourite singer or band to record?

I basically want to read your view on what song you would like one of your favourite artist to cover or which two artists you would like to see collaborate on a song.
My favorite band, Kill Hannah, has done some really awesome cover songs, including The Church's Under the Milky Way on the album they released a couple of years ago, and Billy Idol's Rebel Yell which they played on a radio show a few years ago. I think any of the best songs of their major influences would make great covers. The one that really stands out in my mind at the moment is Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division. Ian Curtis had a very unmistakable deep raspy voice and Mat Devine's voice is equally unmistakable but at the other end of the scale. Mat's tenor, which is sometimes breathy and often desperate, would be an interesting contrast to the original.
I can't wait for the new Boyz II Men album "Love" with covers people would not expect them to cover. This is the reason I thought I'd start this discussion. Are there any songs you don't like that you think your favourite artists could do a great job of covering?
They're such brilliant musicians that I think they'd make a good run of just about anything they tried but the first song that jumped to mind when I read your question was Bath Water by No Doubt.
That would be a good one to cover. Not one of No Doubt's most well know so I'm sure some people would think that it was an original version.
@danitykane (3192)
I would like to see Madonna and Mariah collaborate in a song. I wonder how it look like. My favorite band right now is Maroon 5, I would love to see them sing Michael Jackson's song. That would be nice!
What Michael Jackson song do you think Maroon 5 should sing?? I think Madonna and Mariah could really work as they have been doing similar stuff recently. I would like Mariah to get back to her ballads though as that is where she really shines.
I would love them to sing "beat it" in a different style. Or "shes out of my life" but faster.haha. With Mariah and Madonna, honestly I don't think if they will ever collaborate..(remember Mariah said something about Madonna) ..but I will love it if they collaborate and sing a different kind of music like dance song but its more edgier like there are new beat infuse to it..Sound that we never heard before. And I agree with you, I like Mariah more when she sings ballad like in the 90's...
@edxcast (1169)
• Ecuador
hello lakerfanster, nice topic. Well im into metal in general. It would be awesome to see two of my favorite bands doing somework together. The two bands are Sonata Arctica and Nightwish. Well they kind of already done it actually. The singer of Sonata Arctica performed a live song for nightwish. And also the singer of Sonata and the bassist of nightwish, which is also the second vocalist of nightwish collaborate for two albums of 80´s covers made into metal(in a band called northern kings). Though they didnt participate too much on the creative proccess which i would find more interesting if they do. Oh and also the ex-guitarist of Sonata and the guitarrist of Nightwish have collaborate with a band called Altaria. What i would like to see is both live, that would be awesome.
@oasis_9 (833)
I love listening to music and i have a wide variety of artist that i listen to. I often go for the lyrics of the song but sometimes its the rhythm that capture my attention. My current fave now is Tim Mcgraw's Its your Love...i know its not new but its special to me because its our song.... ^.^
hi lakerfanster i like listening to music..and i think i like micle jackson's music..for example will or world...