Ladies, Want To Learn Something New??? OK Guys, You Too!!!

@LadyMarissa (12162)
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/10-drugstore-shampoos-you-shouldnt-buy-even-if-theyre-on-sale-527242 Just in case you missed it. There's a report on drug store shampoos to avoid. This report gives you the top 10 shampoos to stay away from...especially for those of us with long hair. When I went to the list, I felt sure I knew which shampoos would be on the list. However, I was shocked at a few of them I will warn you that the price has NOTHING to do with the effectiveness. A couple cost as much as $10.50 per bottle. I'd hate to pay $10.50 for a bottle of shampoo only to find it doesn't work. One is a name brand that isn't very cheap either. I'm going to remember that one as I used to use that brand & always liked the results (just NOT the price). Had I had the funds & the urge hit, I would have bought that particular product, I think that if I bought a rather pricey bottle of shampoo & it didn't clean my hair, I'd be on the phone to the company asking for my money back. That was not addressed in this article. Have you bought any of these shampoos & were you unhappy with them??? Have you found a good shampoo??? I use Suave. When it's on sale, it only cost 86 cents a bottle...occasionally as low as 72 cents a bottle. When not on sale only 99 cents. It cleans my hair well & doesn't clean out my wallet!!! I don't care what shampoo I use, after 3 or 4 weeks, it quits working. So, I have to rotate the shampoos I use every time I shampoo. I can buy 3 bottles of Suave for no more than what 1 bottle of the other brands cost. In the case of my favorite brand, I can have 8 bottles of Suave to 1 bottle of the name brand I like most. So my hair isn't quite as silky....my wallet isn't as light either!!! My hair is clean & shiny. And since I wear it short, I can forgo silky.
@Capsicum (1444)
Hi LadyMarissa, my husband swears by Suave,He says there is no better.I ever use is Redkin. But it does pay the article is not descriptive, enough but proves my theory. More is Less. I use 1/4 of what my hb uses and it works wonders,but his is less than a 1/8 the cost. So I guess its really up to how you and your hair feel in the end whats best for you.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
Sounds like your hubs uses too much. I only use 1 drop 3 times. The first drop doesn't lather up very much & I rub it in & then rinse it out. The second drop lathers up pretty good. And I rinse it out. The third drop gives me a head full of lather. When i rinse it out, my hair is squeeky clean. A bottle will last me forever!!!
@LadyMarissa (12162)
It's hard to find one cheaper than Suave. Atleast here it is. I used to date a guy whose hair looked like crap ALL the time. My hairstylist had talked me into a bottle of his high dollar shampoo. It was $10 for an 8 oz bottle. The bf decided he just had to use the expensive shampoo instead of the cheap stuff. He shampooed twice a day every day & used gobs of it instead a little dab will do ya. I tried explaining to him that the cheap stuff would work on his hair just as good. I even hid the expensive stuff. He wouldn't shower until he found the good stuff. Finally, the lightbulb went on. Once the expensive bottle was empty, I refilled it with the clear Suave that looked & smelled like the expensive stuff. He bragged to me all the time about how much better his hair looked since he started using the "good" shampoo. I just smiled & chuckled to myself & told him his hair did look much better & I musta been wrong!!!
@Capsicum (1444)
Men can't live with them ,Cannot live without them !
@gabs8513 (48716)
I shall certainly take a look at that and hope mine is not there lol
@gabs8513 (48716)
Ok I don't use any of them
@LadyMarissa (12162)
Well, Gabby, I can only assume that if yours was in there, you'd a;ready know it. I'm sire Gissi would let you know!!!
@carolbee (16241)
I was surprised to see Pantene on the list. I use it all the time. My hair is short and always so shiny but most often unmanageable. Because my hair is thin, I don't use a conditioner. Makes it too difficult to handle and the minute I get in wind, it's all over. Looks terribly unkept. Right now am using a brand by one of the local salons which was costly but I like it. Have no color on my hair at all. I do believe one of the better shampoos is Johnson's Baby Shampoo. By the way, I clean my contact lenses with Johnson's Baby Shampoo and tap water. Works extremely well for me. Thanks for posting the list.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I was totally SHOCKED to see Pantene on the list!!! I used Pantene for over 10 years about 20 years ago. I find it hard to believe they've changed their shampoo that much. Oddly enough, I used Johnson's Baby Shampoo in between & loved it. Now that my hair is shorter & I'm older, it doesn't seem to give me as much volume as some shampoos do. It makes my hair floppy.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello, Marissa. I like Avon shampoos and conditioners - they're always on offer for £1 each or so, they last ages and they do what it says on the bottle. I also use Schwarzkopf Gliss, which is on sale at the moment for £1. This keeps my hair really soft and shiny, which is quite an achievement, as I have long hair and I live in Spain, so my hair is subjected to the heat and also the chemicals in the swimming pool.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I used to sell Avon & I've tried a lot of their products, but I never used their shampoo. Seems it was quite expensive. I've been toying with the idea to start selling it again. It seems my neighborhood doesn't have an Avon rep.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I have Head and shoulders,Pantene and Avon 2 in 1 Dandruff shampoo and Suave in my cabinet I used to use Suave all the time. Now not so much. I have weird hair. I have half of my hair dry and the other half oily. I have to wash it everyday if I want clean manageable hair. The Avon one makes my hair tangled after washing and not so silky as the Pantene and Head and shoulders does. But I had been wanting to try a few of those especially after I had dyed my hair now I won't be..especially if it is going to strip my color out or bleed everywhere and be just messy or bad for my hair. Thank you alot for the informative information you gave us a link to..appreciate it bunches.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I found it interesting that ONLY the "Red" caused the problem. I've used the "Brunette" & didn't have a problem. I know they have a "Blond" also. I wonder why the "Red" is different??? Hmmmm....strange. I've NEVER been able to use Head & Shoulders as it makes my hair wiry & unmanageable.
Tigi Bed head was on the list! That surprises me so much. I am from Indonesia, and tigi is relatively expensive here. I always like pantene though. Now I am using Pantene Pro-V Nutrishine shampoo, it works fine and I love it. I wonder why pantene was on the lists, the probably only the mentioned has the prob. I once buy L'oreal Elseve anti-frizz (correct me if I am wrong with the variant), and I was very dissapointed. It is so overrated, overhyped, but does nothing to my hair other than making it frizzier like a scarecrow hair! It's more expensive than pantene, but not better. I ended up using it to wash my undies!
@LadyMarissa (12162)
TIGI is expensive here too. That's why I was shocked it was on the list!!! I'm sure everybody's hair is different & just because it didn't work for those asked, doesn't mean it wouldn't work for you. I just know I wouldn't gamble paying $10.50 for a bottle of shampoo if I've read that a good number of people are having trouble with it. I've always assumed that the more expensive brands have more quality. I guess it just ain't so!!!
@zed_k4 (17627)
Actually, I have heard before that changing shampoos can be good; but I think this is not a case of one size fits all. Some would definitely feel better to stick to just one brand shampoo in which they are comfortable with and feels 'soft', lol.. I use all sorts of shampoo, and I don't have any particular favorite brand..
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I've ALWAYS had the problem with my hair not liking the same shampoo all the time. That's what I like about Suave, they have many different types of shampoo & they are ALL cheap. Every so often I buy an expensive brand just to break up the monotony. You guys are lucky!!! With the way you guys wear your hair, you don't have to worry so much about the shampoo you use. A bar of soap will clean your hair just fine!!! We ladies have to worry about having shiny, long flowing hair so we can look beautiful for you!!!
@dragon54u (31617)
Whenever I can, I buy natural shampoo with NO sodium lauryl sulfate-that's what they use to degrease engines and what makes the suds in your shampoo. My hair was falling out more than was normal so I switched and it stopped falling out. My mother had lost hair and one side of her head was mostly bald--she used natural shampoo and it began to grow back! It's pretty much normal now. It's hard to find in stores here so I'll be ordering it over the internet from now on. Out west it's in every health food store, here it is rare.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I must admit that I've never tried any natural shampoo. From what you say, maybe I should!!! My hair was falling out until I quit dying my hair & using heavy hairspray....one of the benefits of short hair!!!
@James72 (26829)
Very interesting! My Wife and I generally buy Pantene, but I'm not sure if it's Pro-V or not? (I don't think so) It works just fine for both of us actually otherwise we obviously wouldn't buy it! Herbal Essence is one brand I've never had any joy with, but it wasn't mentioned there in the list. It's amazing how well we all get suckered into the hype surrounding what a shampoo can supposedly do though isn't it? Clean and shiny is all that really matters, not any of that other crap! Why on earth would I want to be able to pull a hand railing off of a cafe counter with my hair anyways???
@LadyMarissa (12162)
Ha Ha Ha Ha (ROFLMAO) EXACTLY!!! What works for one might not work for another. I like using Herbal Essences. It keeps my hair clean for a good length of time. That's one brand I use to break the monotony of my Suave. The one thing I know for sure is I will NOT pay $10.50 for the TIGI Bed Head products just to see if they work. I've used several of the Pantene Pro-V shampoos. I think this was specifically the "Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Shampoo" that had the problem. I wouldn't stop trying the others though, but would hesitate to use this one specific product. Most of the Burt's Bees products are highly regarded so I was shocked to see their shampoo on the list. I tend to be a tried & true customer. I like my Suave so I probably won't quit using it any time soon. However, when my hair needs a change, I wouldn't want to spend a small fortune to find out I chose an unworthy product!!!