The price of "see and blind " hear and deaf ' philosophy

@ronnyb (6120)
Jamaica
Maybe some of you did not even recognise (well my close friends would lol) but I have not been online for the past four day and its not beceause I was taking a break from mylot,its because I couldnt.Thursday I came home to house with no electricity in it and its not because of non payment.I waited out the night in total darkness because there was nothing that I could do about it as the Electric company wouldnt be open at that late hour of the night .So I waited and I waited and I counted sheep until it was morning. Morning came and I went to work as usual but the first thing I di was to ask my employesr for time so that I could find out why my electricity was disconnected.The technician I spoke with told me that I owed about one thousand three hundred dollars and with a reconnection fee of one thousand five hindred would run me into about two thousand eight hundred dollars (even though that wasnt the reason I was disconnected).Anyway I went to a nearby payment facilty and paid the money because I was anxious to get my electricity back .Now when I took details of my payment to teh elctric company I took the liberty to ask why I was disconnected and they told me much to my surprise that they claimed they was a illegal connection that was found on my property however they later said that when another check was done it was found to be an error and no such connection was found .She subsequently called in to have my electricity reconnected .Now I am no electrician and hence knew nothing about doing such things.Now friday night I came home and found turned on my switch expecting to see magic and light once again no light . Anyway to cut a long story short my electricity wasnt connected until a few moments ago because I had to go into the office and prove that I knew nothing about any such illegeal connection .The truth be told my house is connected to another house that is being finished by some rather unsavouray characters and thy took it upon themsleves to attach an illegal connection to mine .Now I had seen this connection and should have reported it but I didnt want a run in with these characters and in addition I kept putting it off until it was too late ...and it costs me four nights in the dark Now the discussion is how many persons wereare willing to do the right thing inspite of their own safety .How many persons are willing to report a mugging knowing that the perpretrator knows taht we did it .Cause I knew they were doing something wrong and thought I would see and play blind and hear and play deaf and it cost me ....so now I am asking how many of us are activist and not pacifists.
Hello my friend ronnyb Ji, You are from ST.Thomas Jamica, I am happy taht at least you too are like me in India facing such probems everyday with Electricty Deptt. It is daily affair here. In fact my hubby gets BP high, during this time. Recently we suffered due t Telephole people, who jus disconnected because of their wrong billing and system. At times we suffer because of others mistake. As a social and to remain good neighbour I just suggest not to bother about those charcters. May God bless You and have a great time.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Thank you so much for your kind words ,I guess you truly understand what I went through as a result of the Electric company and my neighbours.Have a good day
Hello my friend ronnyb Ji, I think on eshould never pay any heeds to taht and approach direct to biggest boss of any organisation / Administartion to redress appeal with docuentary proof. Else, person in question would suffer more. Think taht is part of our loife, where others do not do their work and blame others. May God bless You and have great time.
There is no way I would pay any bill of $2,800.00 that had not been completely investiagted. Especially when I new I had paid my bills. Here where I live there is always a 24/7 emergency number to call with power outages.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Oh my sorrave told you that is jamaican dollars and the exchange rate is eight nine jamaican to one us so that amount would be about 35 us dollars and teh truth be told I was really eager to get my electricity back.I actually called and asked to get my electricity reconnected and the came on saturday but the policy of our energy company is that the reconnecting tema doesnt do a 'recon' unless there is a meter and the team that did the disconnecting actually took away the meter and that meant that I had to go into the office on monday to have that cleared up ,since they werent open on saturday...I am so glad its over the whole thing was a terrible mess..stressed teh hell out of me
Now that makes a HUGE difference. I thought you had so much money you could just throw it away!!
@carolbee (16241)
Don't blame you for being concerned about your neighbors but you have to take care of yourself and your needs first. It's chilly here now so I would have been on the phone reporting a power outage in my house. Without electricity, it would be rather cold in the house.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Yeah they dont care one ioata about my needs .Thank you for responding Carol
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
GOOD MORNING RONNYB, What a mess u got in. I had wondered where u were. Thought u had run away again. .It is a shame that u have to live around people like that, i'm sorry.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
No I am not running away again lol,couldnt help thi sone I am afraid
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Please tell me they are GIVING YOU CREDIT for the $2 thousand you paid them in error???
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Oh yes, i would have told on the scalawags next door out of fear my house might burn down from their carelessness!!!
@paula27661 (15899)
It’s a very good question and I must say that if it was my daughter that was in danger I would risk my own life without a thought but in any other instance I am not sure I would get involved in something that could endanger me or my family. I was relieved to hear that $2,800 is in Jamaican dollars, I thought you were very rich or crazy for a while there! I’m glad you got your electricity back.