Do you double task?

Boise, Idaho
I worked for the telephone company many years ago and was taught to double task. It drives me utterly crazy if I am only doing one thing. I wonder who else has this same afliction. Do you have to double task? Is it a way or life or just something you like to do?
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I can't double task very well. I mean, I'll get distracted or procrastinate. I wish I could double task as it'd be awesome to mylot and gather, but alas I can not seem to evenly doubletask with these two things.
Oh. You best practice. LOL
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Oh I know I need to learn how to double task. I can a little bit, but not as well as I want to! lol!
@redhotpogo (4437)
always. its such a fast paced world, and you have to keep up. You need to always be at least double tasking. Triple and quadruple tasking even. There just isn't enough time in a day to get everything done. Sometimes though you have to take a break, and focus on what really matters (the people, or person you love).
HI! Can you see me yet? ha. I agree. Just not enough time in a day.That is certainly a good part of it. So much to do so little time. Like the rabbit in that story of the rabbit and the turtle.
Working with multi-tasks for many years has become my way of life. I make use of whatever idle time I have to do other things. I did numerous tasks while I was working in two banks (separately and not at the same time) before. As the bank's service is its main business, we made it a point to be fast, quick and pleasant in all our dealings with the customers. We did a lot of multi-tasking to achieve a quick and efficient service.
Yes, I think speed is the only reason for multi-tasking. I just get so into what I am doing sometimes I speed up to a point I have to multi-task or I would go mad I tell you. MAD! Heehee?
@krajibg (11936)
• Guwahati, India
Hi celti, Whether you double task or not is determined by two factors. One is your necessity and the other one is your personal whim. I know many people do double task for the sake of financial support and less as hobby. Personally I do not do. I have my job and and I do not feel that I need to double task.
Ah, yes! Necessity and whim! And the stern eyes and that whip my boss used to yeild. Yes, I still recall her screeches at me! The ole witch!
@blindedfox (3316)
Well, I am used to double, even triple task at times. I work as on an IT job, so multi-tasking is almost always done everyday. I find no trouble doing single or dual or even multi tasks at times. Maybe you just got so used to double task that your system finds it hard to focus on a single task. Its like a double-edged sword if you ask me. Stay sane man. Good day!
TOO LATE! I have gone to the edge too many times to come completely back I am afraid. And I think you might be right on the other.
@Lakota12 (42681)
Do you consetter smokeing and myloting and drinking coffee double tasking?
Can you type and drink AND smoke at the same time? Scarey. Now if you can rub your belly and pat your head you win the prize!
@Lakota12 (42681)
I cant do that and smoke drinm and type lol
You can't?